Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
22-05-2006, 05:15 PM   #111

Re: Pebbles is having to go to the vets tomorrow

Hope the op is a success and Pebbles can feel better again x

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
22-05-2006, 05:26 PM   #112

I hope this will make her feel a lot happier BT..........good luck to Pebbles.......

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
23-05-2006, 06:58 PM   #113

Well, dropped her off at 8.30, and got them to weigh her first, she now weighs 4.23 which is odd as she has never weighed that much, and she was 3.63 two weeks ago, bizarre. Vet rang at 1.50, which I found bizarre, as I knew it was a lengthy op, and it turns out that they have had 2 emergencies in, so she had just finished when she rang me, and she had to be at the other branch for 3, so not enough time to do the op. SO, she is staying at the vets overnight, and the op is being done tomorrow, and I can't pick her up till Fri now. Will hear by 12ish tomorrow. Strangely enough I have been really calm about it all day, maybe subconsciously I knew

Global Moderator

23-05-2006, 07:03 PM   #114

Pebbles is in good hands BT.......I hope everything goes successfully tomorrow......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
23-05-2006, 08:17 PM   #115

She is safe and well looked after. Wishing her well for tomorrow x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
23-05-2006, 08:19 PM   #116

She is in good hands BT. Fingers crossed for her tomorrow x

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
24-05-2006, 10:57 PM   #117

Sorry for hte delay, was home late due to family commitments, then had a fault on the line!! Anyway, the op went well, only 3 drops of blood lost, but she did take a long time to come round, so they are keeping her on a drip. She did x-ray it again before doing the op, and it was worse, there were more changes, and when she did the op, the bone was really rough and lots of inflammation, so she had to cut further up than normal cos of the old fracture, if she had left it, it would have left part of teh inflammatoin - she has a black adn white three legged cat, and apparently they now look very similar. She shouldn't have any issues with arthritis in that leg now, and it does sound like we had no other choice. IF she is seeming well tomorrow and has a good poo, she can comeSorry for hte delay, was home late due to family commitments, then had a fault on the line!! Anyway, the op went well, only 3 drops of blood lost, but she did take a long time to come round, so they are keeping her on a drip. She did x-ray it again before doing the op, and it was worse, there were more changes, so there was no alternative and when she did the op, the bone was really rough and lots of inflammation, so she had to cut further up than normal cos of the old fracture, if she had left it, it would have left part of teh inflammatoin - she has a black adn white three legged cat, and apparently they now look very similar. She shouldn't have any issues with arthritis in that leg now, and it does sound like we had no other choice. IF she is seeming well tomorrow and has a good poo, she can come home tomorrow, but not sure if I would prefer her to stay on pain meds an extra day. It is looking good though, she will be just on Metacam when she comes home, and going for a check up next week. Think she said her stitches are out in a couple of weeks, but didn't write it down - we are doing her booster then, as it was due last month, but has been put on hold with all this happening. Thanks for all your vibes and concern, it means a lot. The vet said that she was fussing Pebbles yesterday and she attacked her, so at least she was being her usual self!!
home tomorrow, but not sure if I would prefer her to stay on pain meds an extra day. It is looking good though, she will be just on Metacam when she comes home, and going for a check up next week. Think she said her stitches are out in a couple of weeks, but didn't write it down - we are doing her booster then, as it was due last month, but has been put on hold with all this happening. Thanks for all your vibes and concern, it means a lot. The vet said that she was fussing Pebbles yesterday and she attacked her, so at least she was being her usual self!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
24-05-2006, 11:03 PM   #118

So pleased it is all over for Pebbles.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
24-05-2006, 11:04 PM   #119

Sounds like the op was a success BT. Glad Pebbles has pulled through, I'm hoping it will be plain sailing for you both from here x

Global Moderator

24-05-2006, 11:04 PM   #120

I am so pleased to hear that the op went well for Pebbles BT....let's hope she makes a speedy recovery from it and can start enjoying her life again.......