Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
26-02-2007, 10:28 PM   #91

Re: Teddie very bad again

Right!

Can I make a totally random / bizarre suggestion?

here's my suggestion.....

What causes diarrhoea? We are all assuming it's dietary? right? Well most of the time it is.... BUT not always. diarrhoea can be caused for others reasons. a key factor in diarrhoea is often stress, or change of environment, parasites, & so on....I know Teddie does not appear stressed, but maybe there is a tiny little thing (no idea what) but something that is causing her to have diarrhoea. Therefore would you consider putting her in a change of environment for 1 week? Let her come stay with me for 1 week? New environment, with no other cats, see what happens & it will give you a break? She would obviously stay in a pen & you may not like that idea, but it may answer some q's???

What do you think Alex?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
26-02-2007, 10:29 PM   #92

Alex I have nothing but admiration for you, doing the best you can no animal can wish for more.

This is off track slightly - but I would happily let Cleo come and live with you.
I can say no more, and hope that says enough to you.

I realise you have a life to lead children to feed and bills to pay no one is critising you in any way you have done more than enough.

I have Pm'd you.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
26-02-2007, 10:29 PM   #93

Excellent idea there Smudgley

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
26-02-2007, 10:31 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
Right!

What causes diarrhoea? We are all assuming it's dietary? right? Well most of the time it is.... BUT not always. diarrhoea can be caused for others reasons. a key factor in diarrhoea is often stress, or change of environment, parasites, & so on....I know Teddie does not appear stressed, but maybe there is a tiny little thing (no idea what) but something that is causing her to have diarrhoea. Therefore would you consider putting her in a change of environment for 1 week? Let her come stay with me for 1 week? New environment, with no other cats, see what happens & it will give you a break? She would obviously stay in a pen & you may not like that idea, but it may answer some q's???

What do you think Alex?

You know with the brains on here its lucky for the World we don't break out and take over.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
26-02-2007, 10:40 PM   #95

I think that's a very kind offer Smudgley, I hope Alex takes you up on it. I would be more than happy to let any of my cats stay with you and I do think Alex could do with a break and it might put a different perspective on Teddie's problems

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
26-02-2007, 10:42 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
Right!

What do you think Alex?
Wow Kelly. That knocked me for six!! I've just spoken to Robert about it and this is what we've come up with. We will give Teddie this week on the chicken and see if her tummy settles. If there is no sign of improvement by next monday then she comes to you for a week (and I'm actually shaking typing that). My utmost gratitude for making this offer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Alex I have nothing but admiration for you, doing the best you can no animal can wish for more.

This is off track slightly - but I would happily let Cleo come and live with you.
I can say no more, and hope that says enough to you.

I realise you have a life to lead children to feed and bills to pay no one is critising you in any way you have done more than enough.

I have Pm'd you.

Karen
Karen, that means a heck of a lot to me 'cause I know what that old gal means to you!

Catsey Veteran

26-02-2007, 10:53 PM   #97

ok, well have a think about it, I was really trying hard to think about the "bigger picture" sometimes we have cats that come in with certain problems & it's not always medical, sometimes it can be bahavioural. We all know you want what's best for Teddie & we know you are trying your hardest, but with so many people giving advise & opinions you are going round in circles & tying yourselves in knots.

You know I work in Telford, once a week, so it's no bother to collect her & bring her home....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
26-02-2007, 10:56 PM   #98

I've never even considered that it might be a behavioural issue, never even occured to me, yet with all of Elaines problems with Eva, it should have I guess. Rest assured that I will scream your name at the top of my lungs if needed on monday

(Are you sure this isn't just a way of getting your hands on Teddie? Teddie and Bluebell in the same place! You could charge people money to see that)

Catsey Veteran

26-02-2007, 11:03 PM   #99

Well Thursdays is usually my Telford day - so give me a shout!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
26-02-2007, 11:13 PM   #100

Thats an excellent plan Smudgley. Alex i hadnt given behaviour to be a possibility either. You have a very stressfull situation on your hands and no one is critisising at all. It is hard and yes it is going round in circles, I dont suppose I helped either.
Wishing you all the best xxx