Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
06-03-2007, 02:52 PM   #91

Re: Teddies Progress

Isn't that oh so true! The worst of it is DM, he's had this phone for 10 months now!!!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
06-03-2007, 03:04 PM   #92

Hahahahaha DM - that's sooooooooooo true!!!

Glad that Teddie is back to "normal" again today Alex.

xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
07-03-2007, 05:41 PM   #93

Tapping this quickly whilst it's in my mind - when you see the vet don't forget to tell him that Teddie had whatever treatment it was, when she was very young, for her skin condition.
I hate strong chemical things for our pets and would be very suspicious about them. Mucking up her immune system, maybe.
Oh dear Dr DM again.

How is Teddie today? Has her tum settled down again?

Catsey Veteran

07-03-2007, 06:40 PM   #94

Well, until 5 mins ago DM, I could have told you that evrything was still going great. However, I just went into the dining room, and was hit by 'the smell'! I looked around and found that Teddie had done her business in two different places and both were very runny. I have been monitoring her very carefully and I'm 100% that she hasn't had anything to eat that she shouldn't have! She is still very bright and lively though, I just can't understand why she is going for days at a time showing great improvement and then slipping back a bit??? Very confusing. I have written down all the things that she has already had treatment for DM, and will tell this new vet all of this on monday!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
07-03-2007, 06:55 PM   #95

Oh dear, how very frustrating for you Alex......... I do hope the new vet can come up with some sort of clue as to what is going on with poor Teddie.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
07-03-2007, 08:36 PM   #96

Poor baby and how trying for all of you. Here's hoping your new vet can shed some sensible light on what's going on!

Catsey Veteran

15-03-2007, 10:09 PM   #97

Just to let you all know how things are with Teddie. Generally she is much, much better! Put on loads of weight, running about, playing, having mad 10 mins like a normal cat lol, and much more affectionate. However, in the last day or so she has been a little more loose in her stools again, which I believe is because the vet had increased how much metronidazole I was to give her. I'm thinking of popping into the surgery tomorrow and perhaps getting her some promax paste. Any ideas how much they generally charge for it compared to getting it online?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
15-03-2007, 10:11 PM   #98

Hi Alex, so glad that generally Teddie is much improved. My vets charge £16 for the 20ml size. There is a 10ml size but not sure how much they charge for that one..

Edit to say that I just remembered that I did get given the 10ml size when Porsha was discharged from the hospital and the invoice for Porsha's hospital stay came this morning and is in my handbag so I've looked up and my vets charge £9.95 for the 10 ml size

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
15-03-2007, 10:13 PM   #99

Glad to hear things have been much better Alex. Hope the loos stools firm up again very very soon.

Catsey Veteran

15-03-2007, 10:14 PM   #100

Thanks Fran! Probably not much difference then by ordering it online by the time you pay postage. It is just amazing to see her behaving the way she is. She spent 10 mins today chasing a chess piece all over the floor, rolling on her back and tossing it about. I was incredulous watching her! Not once in the last 6 months has she done anything like that.