Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
25-09-2006, 08:15 PM   #1

Saggy bellies in female cats?

What causes saggy bellies in female cats?
Is it anything to do with the age they were speyed at?
Reason i ask is a family friend has a female blue moggy-who is the same age as Clementine, was speyed at 6 months and she has a saggy belly. Clementine is the same age as this other cat, was speyed well..i can't remember! But she was probably about 9/10 months, yet she doesn't have a saggy belly.
None of these two cats are fed overly or underly, no medical reasons etc-so i'm just curious to whether being speyed young can cause a female to have a 'saggy tum' when older?
Bet i've phrased this all rather poorly...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
25-09-2006, 08:35 PM   #2

Re: Saggy bellies in female cats?

Do you mean the excess skin all Cats have Luke, between the back legs and the tummy? It the stretchy bit Cats use to jump and twist with if it is, less noticable on some Cats.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-09-2006, 08:42 PM   #3

All three of my females were spayed relatively early. 4 momths, 5 months, and ? for Patches but she was about a year old when I got her & had been spayed...and they all have/had what a friend of mine calls "hangy-down tummies"! None of my males ever had it...I just sort of associated it with females in my mind; so my answer, Luke, is, I don't know.

Sadly Missed

Cats owned: Moggie
25-09-2006, 09:07 PM   #4

Nelli Kim had a hangy tum, India also has, but Melba never did. Nelli and Melba would have been spayed at about the same age I think, can't quite remember now, India , of course, arrived with her baggy bits !! The last Ginger Tom was also a bit baggy but we put that down to his general build - He was ONE BIG CAT, none of the other toms went baggy. Logoes

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
25-09-2006, 09:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
Do you mean the excess skin all Cats have Luke, between the back legs and the tummy? It the stretchy bit Cats use to jump and twist with if it is, less noticable on some Cats.
Dawn.
Oh i see that could explain it then..i just thought it may have been spey related as i've usually only seen such a thing in speyed females.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
26-09-2006, 08:17 AM   #6

Boys can have it too!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
26-09-2006, 10:58 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Boys can have it too!