Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
26-02-2006, 06:55 PM   #171

Re: Dieting/Low Carbs

Donna I use Patak's curry paste, rather than a sauce, just add meat, onion, and you can add a tin of coconut milk and some cream, if you buy the korma paste it will be very mild.

With the chilli con carni, I usually buy sainsbury's own brand medium chilli con carni sauce and just add some browned mince, just have this with a couple of spoonfuls of rice.

Basmati rice is one of the lowest white rices you can get low GI as well, I now avoid American easy cook rice as it is a lot higher in carbs than the basmati.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
26-02-2006, 07:41 PM   #172

Will try something different this week I think. Just had lamb steaks with cauliflower cheese.

Got lots of caul. cheese left so will heat that up tomorrow with something.

Catsey Veteran

27-02-2006, 06:37 PM   #173

How did you get on today Donna. I am still recovering from being ill on Saturday but today I feel a bit better, haven't eaten much today just a lemon custard for breakfast, I am doing myself salmon with hollandaise sauce and roasted veg

I weighed myself today and I am 9 stone 5.5 lbs so a slight increase over yesterday which is fine as I wasn't very well.

I should be able to have a nice low carb week this week, last week I had dinner out on Friday and Saturday. So I am hoping to get down to my goal weight in the next few weeks

Catsey Veteran

27-02-2006, 07:11 PM   #174

Donna I know you like cheese, I thought you might like to have a go at making these almond biscuits, they are delicious with cheese on top, very easy to make and very quick to make, very low carbs

__________________________________________________ __

Almond Thins

1 cup ground almonds
2 teaspoons of splenda
1 egg white
pinch of salt, garlic powder, & onion powder

Preheat oven 190. Mix ingredients well. Place mixture onto a well greased piece of tin foil. Place a piece of cling film over the top of mixture. Use a rolling pin to roll out to a cracker thickness. Gently remove the cling film. Sprinkle more salt on top if desired and press lightly into dough. Score with knife or pizza cutter into squares. Lay tin foil on baking try and place in oven. Bake until golden brown about 10 minutes. Makes around 20 crackers.

Carb count is about 13 for the whole batch. You can also vary the flavour-using, ground bacon bits, season salt...

Catsey Veteran

27-02-2006, 07:14 PM   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
Donna I know you like cheese, I thought you might like to have a go at making these almond biscuits, they are delicious with cheese on top, very easy to make and very quick to make, very low carbs

__________________________________________________ __

Almond Thins

1 cup ground almonds
2 teaspoons of splenda
1 egg white
pinch of salt, garlic powder, & onion powder

Preheat oven 190. Mix ingredients well. Place mixture onto a well greased piece of tin foil. Place a piece of cling film over the top of mixture. Use a rolling pin to roll out to a cracker thickness. Gently remove the cling film. Sprinkle more salt on top if desired and press lightly into dough. Score with knife or pizza cutter into squares. Lay tin foil on baking try and place in oven. Bake until golden brown about 10 minutes. Makes around 20 crackers.

Carb count is about 13 for the whole batch. You can also vary the flavour-using, ground bacon bits, season salt...
Thanks Emma, Will try definately. Not got any nuts, but will get some!

Catsey Veteran

27-02-2006, 07:15 PM   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
How did you get on today Donna. I am still recovering from being ill on Saturday but today I feel a bit better, haven't eaten much today just a lemon custard for breakfast, I am doing myself salmon with hollandaise sauce and roasted veg

I weighed myself today and I am 9 stone 5.5 lbs so a slight increase over yesterday which is fine as I wasn't very well.

I should be able to have a nice low carb week this week, last week I had dinner out on Friday and Saturday. So I am hoping to get down to my goal weight in the next few weeks
I was hoping you had forgotten today was my weigh in day Emma. Dont know why but I didnt lose any last week. Not happy about that at all and getting really fed up.

Catsey Veteran

27-02-2006, 07:19 PM   #177

Hmm something is not quite right there Donna, perhaps you need to up your food intake a little bit, perhaps by having a few more snacks/smaller more frequent meals. I know you are getting a bit fed up with the meat/veg combination of the foods you are eating. Look on the bright side, you are feeling better, you haven't put on any weight, have you read any of the books I sent you? not the receipe ones but the ones which explain how/why low carbing works?

Don't be fed up, you are doing great!! Especially when you said that your trousers are feeling bigger.

I think you need to add some more variety for your food intake.

Catsey Veteran

27-02-2006, 07:23 PM   #178

Yes I have read the books Emma. Maybe I will go back and have another read. Maybe there is something I am doing wrong.

I did have a few drinks Fri and Sat night (vodka diet coke) and I did get some chicken from the fried chicken shop one day at work. I didnt eat the skin/coating so thought that would be alright. Maybe not.

I have gone from loads of energy to NONE. I am thinking I might be getting the flu bug that everyone is getting (my son had it a few weeks ago) as I am so tired. Can hardly lift my legs to walk today.

Catsey Veteran

27-02-2006, 07:33 PM   #179

Well you could be coming down with a bug I hope not. The chicken should have been ok if you didn't eat the skin/coating, I wonder if the lack of energy could be related to the low carbing, when I first started low carbing I had a week of feeling awful, no energy at all, I even had problems getting up the stairs at work, then after a couple of days I was fine.

Catsey Veteran

27-02-2006, 08:27 PM   #180

But I have been full of energy up till now Emma.

Just thinking of things I have been eating. I do buy a bag of plain nuts that I keep in my drawer at work in case I forget lunch or not have time for brekkie. Maybe they are not that good to eat?

Always have the cooked brekkie so that is nothing new. Salads mainly for lunch and dinner with veg and I definately not been cheating. Not had ANY bread, crisps, biscuits, choccies, AT ALL!!! Although been craving a Mars bar for the last few days. Eat sausages a fair bit as they are in my brekkie and also easy to cook a couple extra for lunch or dinner chopped up in a salad or with veg. Not that I do that every day.

Today I had some nuts for brekkie as I got up late! Lunch was lettuce with chicken and bacon in mayo sandwich filler from Tesco, and dinner just had was cauliflower cheese and sausages.