Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
11-05-2024, 03:09 AM   #1

Saturday Daily.

Good morning ladies
Saturday 1pm and it's a reasonably sunny afternoon here, although the nights get so very cold now. it went down to -6 degrees the other night and we've all been told to try and conserve electricity. On saying that, I've just stepped out of a really long, hot shower as I've got a shower steamer in there that really clears my head. I'm still sneezing lots and blowing my nose, but I feel better. I'm not going to my physio next week though, as I don't want to enter a hospital while I've still got a heavy cold. I don't think it's fair on other people. Janna isn't working today/tonight but is working tomorrow night until 1am. That's our Mothers Day. Anyway, she's gone down to the Chinese restaurant to get a couple of Chinese dishes for the two of us to share tonight .Oren was meant to be spending the weekend here as well, but I had to put him off until next weekend as I don't want him to catch my cold.

I've been walking without crutches a lot over the past week and my leg isn't too bad. Still very swollen though, but it doesn't ache like it used to. The scar does not look good and I've started rubbing calendula cream on it, all to no avail. It's still very red and angry looking but I suppose it will settle down eventually. At least I'm walking better and not limping. - I wouldn't dare limp, as my physio would go ballistic !!!

My sister and her husband both have covid. Peter got it a few days ago, and then Mary tested positive this morning. She sounds terrible on the phone. Janna took her down one of the frozen meals Brenna gave me so she can have that for tea tonight. I offered one to Peter as well, but he said he couldn't eat anything as he felt too unwell.

We had a strong earthquake here just after 11am this morning. In fact, we've had 4 of the blasted things this morning,but this last one was definitely felt by most people. Janna held the rumbling coming, but i had headphones on and couldn't hear any noise apart from my music, until my chair started shaking and I just about freaked out. Luckily it was only short and no damage was reported Its epicentre was close by here so we felt it strongly. I hope we don't get any more tonight. They seem to happen in clusters.

PAMELA, so you and I both will be having chinese food on Saturday night. Yummy !!! i hope you enjoy your bowling session with your neighbours tonight and the food afterwards. WHAT !! No more snuffle mats ? Scotland's doggie population will be in tatters. !!! I do understand that the cost of living and rising prices have made it impossible for many small businesses to keep going as it's just not cost-effective to do so. A lady I know has been making amazing skin lotions for the last 16 years and selling them online, but sadly she can no longer afford to do so. She reckons she'll still make a small amount for family and friends for xmas etc, so hopefully I'll still be able to get them sometimes. Lucky you, having such nice weather at the moment 21 degrees is not seen as hot in NZ but i agree - be careful about taking the girls out in the heat, as they are not accustomed to it. I, too, will worry about Robyn on Wednesday and I'll be praying to St Francis for. her. I;m sure she'll be OK ,Pamela, as she is only a young dog and is healthy. I know Michele always does a pre-op blood test to check which anaesthetic is safe for the patient and I suppose your vet will do the same. She will be fine, but I know you and me both will be glad when it's all over and she's safely back at home again.

SHELLEY, I hope you've not been as busy as Pamela at work and have been managing to find time for a bit of rest and relaxation. How was your doll fair the other weekend, Shelley ? Hopefully you might have more fairs coming up soon, especially as you'll be experiencing some decent weather now. I have been thinking about your dad a lot and praying that he is now OK and able to enjoy walking with Jet again. You'll be looking forward to heading back to the van soon , no doubt.Not long to wait now. I hope you have a great weekend, doing things you love, Shelley.

Well ladies, I must go and get dressed. I've just got my old dressing gown on, but need to find some trousers as the sun has come out. I might go for a walk along the road and maybe go down to the park if I can make it. How I wish Willow was walking beside me. I usually pretend she is and I talk to her. People must think I'm crazy. They wouldn't be far wrong !!!

Have a super weekend, Pamela and Shelley.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
11-05-2024, 04:16 PM   #2

Re: Saturday Daily.

Good evening, its still hot here, 23 degrees (warm for us scots who are used to the minus degrees )

We are heading out with my neighbours shortly so just getting organised and got the girls fed as we wont be back until after 9pm which will be too late to feed them. Just been and got Stevens car valeted so its clean for tonight as we are taking his car.

Dinky, sounds like you are doing great with your progress with your knee! Good to hear you are weight bearing more on it and not limping! Glad to hear your flu is starting to get better too. I cant imagine what an earthquake feels like, can only imagine they are quite scary!!

There are loads of people who make snuffle mats now so its a tough market and 1 i am happy to now walk away from knowing i have done well with it and it is the right time. It has been soo hard for small businesses because of covid. Speaking of covid, how are you r sister and brother in law? I do hope they get better quickly from covid!

Shelley, how are you and the pups doing? How is your dad after his fall?

Have a lovely evening ladies