PDA

View Full Version : Sensitive tummy

Bengal Babe
27-07-2005, 03:49 PM
Zebedee is on hill's ID prescription dried for his tummy problem :oops:

I want to try him on some different dried food - it has to be a complete dried food so he gets all his essential neutrients - he will be old 28 weeks on Sat - so he is still well into kitten hood (and what a cute one he is) - any sugestions on the best ones - want to try a sensitive tummy one if poss - then wean him onto normal dried - only at the moment he is getting sick of the ID - and he will only eat iif he has to (which he does have to - NASTY Mummy)) - he is very hungry - in fact so hungry he stole a sasague roll of the kitchen worktop -

please can you advise on the best dried food for tummy problems -

he does suffer with XS gas aswell :shock: :oops: :oops:

Gail xxx

Fran
27-07-2005, 03:52 PM
I know Moli, was having similar problems with Oliver, he seems to have a sensitive tummy, she switched him to James Wellbelloved a little while ago so perhaps she may come on later and let you know what results she has had with it....

Bellakatz
27-07-2005, 04:11 PM
Purina do a sensative one,but only in Adult

What have the vets suggested....

I also heard on another forum that Iams hairball is good for sensative tums

Bellakatz
27-07-2005, 04:19 PM
Unfortunately Bengals are prone to sensitive stomachs, as long as the ktitens are alert and playful I wouldnt worry to much, you could get your vet to check for the usual bengal problems, Giardia, coccidia and trich. And it is a known problem amongst the bengal breed:(
I wouldnt feed to much tinned food as it is quite rich. You could try slippery elm or canned pumpkin to ease the problem. Another cause is plain and simple, worms!! if you use Panacur this will also help treat the giardia:)

Bengal Babe
27-07-2005, 04:22 PM
the said hill's prescription ID then wean him on to normal hills - but he stole the sos roll some of Zubin's taste as good as it looks pouch - so his bum went moist again -

once I have him solid I will start weaning him onto something else - but not sure which one to go to want it tasty for him and Thai as she prefers dried food - always has - also not sure if buying from the vets is a more expensive way that via net -

another reason for getting him off the ID is that both Thai & Zubin are eating it as well - and too much won't be good for them - they will go the oposite way to Zebz

Think I have some hairball control - I know I have a big bag of iams in the cupboard - not sure what they are though

OH he also stole a toast crust from the bin - crumbs everywhere - little tinker - I just picked him and laughed at what he had done then give him a cuddle - getting cover in Eau de Zebedee in the process

Bellakatz
27-07-2005, 04:27 PM
Bless him..

HAVE you tried feeding him raw Lamb or Turkey mince,this is also good for grotty belly

Bengal Babe
27-07-2005, 04:27 PM
he was panacured a few weeks ago - I had to take him to the vet for the nurse's to give it him -

there are no sign of no of the critters so I don't think he has worms - but he does expand when he eats - so I am cutting his food down and giving him a bit at a time -so he can digest what he has eaten - but he never stops - the same as Zak - you can tell they are bro's -no probs what so ever with zubin - he's a big strong young man is my Zulu

Bengal Babe
27-07-2005, 04:32 PM
Bless him..

HAVE you tried feeding him raw Lamb or Turkey mince,this is also good for grotty belly

God help me if I give him this he will go wild -

but I will give it a go - anything is worth a try - got a day off tomorrow will see what the butcher has in stock for him -

oooo the things I do for my Fur Kids

Bellakatz
27-07-2005, 04:44 PM
But you know our Fur babies are worth it :-D :-D :-D

Azz
27-07-2005, 05:03 PM
Burns is meant to be good for bengals :)

Bengal Babe
27-07-2005, 08:38 PM
I'll give it a go - I have seen food for pedigrees - but Bengal's weren't mentioned :( anything to help him -

he tried to help me eat my dinner tonight - sth fried chicken - some how I don't think would help his tum - I bought him some Hills hairball controll when I collected his Hills ID just for something a bit different - I feel so sorry for him - I feel like I am neglecting him - because he is hungry - and I am following him round with damp kitchen roll - to try and keep his bum clean -

but I do love him so much - bless his little spots

Mags
27-07-2005, 08:56 PM
Poor little chap :( I hope you can find something to suit him soon....