View Full Version : Guess what!

belladiablo
25-07-2005, 01:49 PM
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Just HAD to do some camping jokes!!!!!!

:D :D :D

belladiablo
25-07-2005, 01:50 PM
Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson went on a camping trip. As they lay down for the night, the fire dwindling nearby, Holmes said: "Watson, look up and tell me what you see".
Watson said "I see a fantastic panorama of countless of stars".
Holmes: "And what does that tell you?"
Watson: "Astronomically, it suggests to me that if there are billions of other galaxies that have roughly similar stellar population densities as represented by my view, that, potentially, trillions of planets may be associated with such a galactic and, therefore, stellar population. Allowing for similar chemical distribution throughout the cosmos it may be reasonably implied that life-and possibly intelligent life-may well fill the universe.
Also, being a believer, theologically, it tells me that the vastness of space may be yet another suggestion of the greatness of God and that we are small and insignificant.
Meteorologically, the blackness of the sky and the crispness of the stellar images tells me that there is low humidity and stable air and therefore we are most likely to enjoy a beautiful day tomorrow.
Why? - What does it tell you, Mr. Holmes?"
Holmes: "You idiot, someone stole our tent".

belladiablo
25-07-2005, 01:51 PM
1. When using a public campground, a tuba placed on your picnic table will keep the campsites on either side vacant.

belladiablo
25-07-2005, 01:51 PM
2.Get even with a bear that raided your food bag by kicking his favorite stump apart and eating all the ants.

belladiablo
25-07-2005, 01:52 PM
3.A hot rock placed in your sleeping bag will keep your feet warm. A hot enchilada works almost as well, but the cheese sticks between your toes.

belladiablo
4.The best backpacks are named for national parks or mountain ranges. Steer clear of those named for landfills.

belladiablo
5.While the Swiss Army Knife has been popular for years, the Swiss Navy Knife has remained largely unheralded. Its single blade functions as a tiny canoe paddle.

belladiablo
25-07-2005, 01:53 PM
6.Modern rain suits made of fabrics that "breathe" enable campers to stay dry in a downpour. Rain suits that sneeze, cough, and belch, however, have been proven to add absolutely nothing to the wilderness experience.

belladiablo
25-07-2005, 01:53 PM
7.Lint from your navel makes a handy fire starter. Warning: Remove lint from navel before applying the match.

belladiablo
25-07-2005, 01:54 PM
8.You'll never be lost if you remember that moss always grows on the north side of your compass.

belladiablo
9.You can duplicate the warmth of a down-filled bedroll by climbing into a plastic garbage bag with several geese.

belladiablo
10.The canoe paddle, a simple device used to propel a boat, should never be confused with a gnu paddle, a similar device used by Tibetan veterinarians

belladiablo
25-07-2005, 01:55 PM
11.When camping, always wear a long-sleeved shirt. It gives you something to wipe your nose on.

belladiablo
12.Take this simple test to see if you qualify for solo camping: Shine a flashlight into one ear. If the beam shines out the other ear, do not go into the woods alone.

belladiablo
13.A two-man pup tent does not include two men or a pup.

belladiablo
25-07-2005, 01:56 PM
14.A potato baked in the coals for one hour makes an excellent side dish. A potato baked in the coals for three hours makes an excellent hockey puck.

belladiablo
25-07-2005, 01:56 PM
15.In emergency situations, you can survive in the wilderness by shooting small game with a slingshot made from the elastic waistband of your underwear.

belladiablo
25-07-2005, 01:57 PM
16.The guitar of the noisy teenager at the next campsite makes excellent kindling.

belladiablo
17.The sight of a bald eagle has thrilled campers for generations. The sight of a bald man, however, does absolutely nothing for the eagle.

belladiablo
18.It's entirely possible to spend your whole vacation on a winding mountain road behind a large motor home.

belladiablo
25-07-2005, 01:58 PM
19.Bear bells provide an element of safety for hikers in grizzly country. The tricky part is getting them on the bears.

belladiablo
25-07-2005, 01:59 PM
Camping: the art of getting closer to nature while getting farther away from the nearest cold beverage, hot shower and flush toilet.

belladiablo
25-07-2005, 02:00 PM
Camping is nature's way of promoting the motel business.
-Dave Barry --American writer, b.1947

belladiablo
25-07-2005, 02:00 PM
It always rains on tents. Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds for the opportunity to rain on a tent.
-Dave Barry --American writer, b.1947

belladiablo
25-07-2005, 02:01 PM
Backpacking: An extended form of hiking in which people carry double the amount of gear they need for half the distance they planned to go in twice the time it should take.
-Unknown

Bellakatz
25-07-2005, 02:03 PM
PLLLLLLLLEASE NO MORE JOKES :roll: :roll: :roll:

belladiablo
25-07-2005, 02:04 PM
The loaded mini-van pulled into the only remaining campsite. Four children leaped from the vehicle and began feverishly unloading gear and setting up the tent. The boys rushed to gather firewood, while the girls and their mother set up the camp stove and cooking utensils.

A nearby camper marveled to the youngsters' father, "That, sir, is some display of teamwork."

The father replied, "I have a system -- no one goes to the bathroom until the camp is set up."

belladiablo
25-07-2005, 02:05 PM
The story is told of a lady who was rather old-fashioned, always quite delicate and elegant, especially in her language. She and her husband were planning a week's vacation in Florida, so she wrote to a particular campground asking for a reservation. She wanted to make sure the campground was fully equipped, but didn't quite know how to ask about the toilet facilities. She just couldn't bring herself to write the word "toilet" in her letter. After much deliberation, she finally came up with the old-fashioned term BATHROOM COMMODE. But when she wrote that down, she still thought she was being too forward. So she started all over again, rewrote the entire letter referring to the bathroom commode merely as the BC: "Does the campground have it's own BC?" is what she actually wrote. Well, the campground owner wasn't old-fashioned at all and when he got the letter, he just couldn't figure out what the woman was talking about. That BC business really stumped him. After worrying about it for awhile, he showed the letter to several campers, but they couldn't imagine what the lady meant either. So the campground owner, finally coming to the conclusion that the lady must be asking about the local Baptist Church, sat down and wrote the following reply:

Dear Madam:
I regret very much the delay in answering your letter, but I now take pleasure in informing you that a BC is located nine miles north of the campground and is capable of seating 250 people at one time. I admit it is quite a distance away, if you are in the habit of going regularly, but no doubt you will be pleased to know that a great number of people take their lunches along and make a day of it. They usually arrive early and stay late. It is such a beautiful facility and the acoustics are marvelous...even the normal delivery sounds can be heard. The last time my wife and I went was six years ago, and it was so crowded we had to stand up the whole time we were there. It may interest you to know that right now a supper is planned to raise money to buy more seats. They are going to hold it in the basement of the BC. I would like to say it pains me very much not to be able to go more regularly, but it surely is no lack of desire on my part. As we grow old, it seems to be more of an effort, particularly in cold weather. If you do decide to come down to our campground, perhaps I could go with you the first time you go, sit with you, and introduce you to all the other folks. Remember, this is a friendly community.
Sincerely, (Campground Owner)

belladiablo
25-07-2005, 02:06 PM
In case anyone is considering doing some camping this spring or summer, please note the following public service announcement: In Alaska, tourists are warned to wear tiny bells on their clothing when hiking in bear country. The bells warn away MOST bears. Tourists are also cautioned to watch the ground on the trail, paying particular attention to bear droppings to be alert for the presence of Grizzly Bears. One can tell a Grizzly dropping because it has tiny bells in it.