PDA

View Full Version : What a day!!!!!!!!

shonedek
04-05-2005, 09:29 PM
I wished i never got up today.Nothing is ever easy.heres the story.

I had a parcel Special delivery being delivered last Thursday.However it didnt turn up and i just put it down to being bank holiday.Anyhow still no parcel so i sent email to sender saying where was it,to be told he had been sent confirmation from Post Office that it was delivered.
After a few heated phone calls and emails it turns out that and i quote from Post Office
"a card was put through the door Thursday and later that day someone went to PO and signed for parcel"

Problem is i didnt get card and someone signed my name.(Fraud)
Ive now had to write letter explaing what why and where plus all ref numbers and send it off in the post HA but no choice.
The post office also admitted that when whoever went to sign for a special delivery they didnt ask for identification.
That made my blood boil but it proves it is there fault.makes me think its a inside job

Fran
04-05-2005, 09:39 PM
What an awful expeience Sam, what is going to happen now?

Mags
04-05-2005, 09:42 PM
That's awful Sam :shock: I hope something can be done to trace whoever stole it.
The Post Office has certainly gone downhill over the last couple of years. We had a letter put through our door a couple of months ago from them to tell us that a sack of mail had been stolen from our round.......no apology at all in case it had contained any mail for us. Who knows there may have been a nice juicy cheque in there for us.......some hopes :roll:

Anyway I hope something can be done for you Sam.

shonedek
04-05-2005, 09:46 PM
i have to wait for them to see letter as they are going to compare signatures.I have also stated that i will involve police if they try to cover up as someone has committed fraud knowingly

They were trying to say my OH must have it and when i told them im here 24/7 and no card/knock/postman ever came to door they shut up.I was shouting at them by then,how dare they accuse OH

Mags
04-05-2005, 09:53 PM
What a cheek :evil: They need to investigate their own system before throwing accusations around...

shonedek
04-05-2005, 09:57 PM
problem is they investigate themselves and the item that was stolen has cost me £105.

Mags
04-05-2005, 10:01 PM
So what would happen if it didn't turn up.....would they be liable and have to compensate you?

shonedek
04-05-2005, 10:13 PM
They wont get item now as someone has it but thers an issue as i have stated iaint had it and sigatures wont match.they will have to compensate because they admitted they didnt ask for identification,well im hopeing.
The last person i spoke to said it looked very suspicious

Mags
04-05-2005, 10:21 PM
Well it looks all in your favour Sam...

shonedek
04-05-2005, 10:24 PM
hope so,but dont trust them as its my word against them.we will see

Moli
04-05-2005, 10:36 PM
Thats awful Sam..I hope you are compensated..someone has your parcel!!!

shonedek
04-05-2005, 10:52 PM
takes a bit of beleiving,well it does for me.I paid £5.95 for delivery and some * * * * steals it from post office.not worth paying delivery as it aint worth th paper its written on

Fran
04-05-2005, 10:59 PM
Hope you sort it out Sam, this is a terrible situation :(

shonedek
04-05-2005, 11:02 PM
not somthing you expect from PO but ive been told this happens quite a bit.My case is different because someone signed my name,normally thing get lost in PO but really they are taken and then claimed on.Because somone signed for mine its a little more complicated

bobbie3917
07-05-2005, 02:35 PM
i hope you get it sorted Sam
it has happend to me.

the post man put a card though the wrong door (i am also here 24/7) but i was lucky the person come to me to give me the card. but that person could of gone to the PO and got the item if they wanted as they only need the card :(

shonedek
07-05-2005, 03:35 PM
Still heard nothing as yet.If i get no satisfaction i will be calling the police

Mags
07-05-2005, 04:17 PM
I don't blame you Sam...something should be done about it.

shonedek
09-05-2005, 01:32 PM
thought you would like an update.i will tell you that as i write this im raging with anger and im waiting for the police now.
I had an e-mail from the sender of parcel saying that royal mail have contacted him and have told him that the parcel has been delivered and they sent him a copy of signature.
I rang RM and asked why he had a copy od signature but i couldnt get one.I was pushed around the block,they contradicted themselves then hung up.
They dont seem to care that someone INSIDE post office has signed my name.Im so B * * * * Y angry i feel this wont get resolved

Abbi
09-05-2005, 01:43 PM
I was ripped off by e-bay the other month - do you remember ?? Nothing got solved and I lost out the on the money - so I do understand what your going through!

Mags
09-05-2005, 02:48 PM
That is disgusting Sam.....at one time Royal Mail used to be a respected concern but they have gradually gone downhill over the years....no wonder you're so b****y angry! I hope the police will be able to help you.

bobbie3917
09-05-2005, 02:51 PM
well lets hope the Police can sort it out for you now Sam.
and Abbi could you not get the police involved?

Abbi
09-05-2005, 02:53 PM
ahhhh too far down the line now - I have just put it down to experience!

shonedek
09-05-2005, 03:22 PM
but its the Royal Mail who are wrong and they know it.

shonedek
09-05-2005, 03:25 PM
well ive just spoken to postwatch and they cant belive what ive been told.The first thing i should of done was put a claim in ,they dont understand why i was made to write letter to RM.I am just off to get claim form and speak to ploice and report a crime

Mags
09-05-2005, 05:02 PM
I bet you are absolutely seething Sam......it doesn't sound like RM even know the correct procedure now :?

shonedek
09-05-2005, 06:50 PM
Angry is an understatment as the RM have made me feel like im lying.They dont seem to give a dam that someone has signed my name.when i last spoke to RM today i was told to get a form,which turns out is no good as it has to be done by sender.

Anyhow ive been to police station and have reported this crime.They are absolutly gobsmacked by the way i have been given the run around so its now in there hands.I have to go back tomorrow with all e-mails etc that have been sent,but like they have said someone has knowingly signed my name.
Lets see what happens now

Mind you it has upset me so much that i sat in front of the computer crying and ive done nothing wrong.I dont need this extra stress

Mags
09-05-2005, 07:19 PM
Awww Sam, I'm sorry it's upset you so much...though understandably. Keep your chin up, let's hope the police can come up with something. I do hope it is sorted out for you.....and the culprit gets what he deserves.

shonedek
09-05-2005, 07:26 PM
Mags ,ive just found it so frustrating.you are made to feel your a criminal,FIRST question police ask is do i think it could be anyone else in the house who has signed for it.It seems were under suspicion before the RM are.Im just so drained of emotion as im shattered anyhow and could really do without having to deal with this.

Fran
09-05-2005, 08:10 PM
Keep your chin up Sam....A few years ago, I had some money stolen out of my bank account. The bank would not accept that it wasn't me as it had been taken out of an atm machine. I got the police involved because I knew I hadn't taken such large amounts out......The police got to the bottom of it, it turned out a 'friend' had watched me key in my number one day whilst out with me and then on another occassion she came to see me one evening stole my card out of my bag, apparantly went to the shop to buy cigarettes and when she returned put my card back. When the police arrested her, she admitted everything :shock: So the police can sometimes get to the bottom of things..... I will keep my fingers crossed for you

Moli
09-05-2005, 09:14 PM
My hubby had credit and bank cards stolen from his wallet at work..He did not discover it till he got home.The police, as soon as they heard we had a teenage son had the cheek to ask if we thought he had anything to do with it, I was seething..Okay so they have to deal with teenage deliquents..my son is not one of them and I told them so!

Mags
09-05-2005, 09:18 PM
As hard as it is Sam..try to think positive. You know you've done nothing wrong and the police have to ask these questions to try to get a true picture. The RM will know who was supposed to have delivered the parcel and who was supposed to have put the card through your door so I assume they are quietly doing their own investigation which you probably won't hear anything about until they come up with an answer. Stay strong and try to get some rest.....are you still on two hourly feeds with the kitten?

shonedek
09-05-2005, 09:27 PM
i just hate being made to feel i did wrong.i am still on 2 hourly feeds with little Mo

PK that was some friend,

Mags
09-05-2005, 09:35 PM
But you KNOW you haven't done wrong Sam, that's the important thing to remember.

Oh dear, you're still not going to get much rest are you.......how much longer do these 2 hourly feeds go on for?

shonedek
09-05-2005, 09:39 PM
probably another couple of weeks.Hes only 3 weeks just and so needs his milk.he looks awful now as all his hair has fallen out,only has his head with full hair

Mags
09-05-2005, 09:40 PM
Awwww....bless!

shonedek
09-05-2005, 09:43 PM
looks like a little pink sausage on legs with hair stuck on one end.going to find an old small jumper so i can cut sleve and atleast cover him(if i can find jumper small enough)

Mags
09-05-2005, 09:51 PM
Ahhhh that is so cute.......do all persian kitts lose their hair like that?

shonedek
09-05-2005, 10:02 PM
no it only seems to be when they are handreared from day one.I think there is something lacking in the milk that makes them drop their coat.all of mine have done it.I dont know abot other breeds,ive also mentioned it to vets the very first time it happened as i worried.Loads of tests were done on this poor little kitten and no reason could be found except perhaps the milk.Im not worried as i get used to it now,hes alive and his hair will grow back (over time)

Mags
09-05-2005, 10:04 PM
A small childs glove would be ideal to 'dress' him in!

shonedek
09-05-2005, 10:05 PM
oh ya thats a good idea,will have to go shopping tomorrow,(wonder if they will sell one LOL )

Mags
09-05-2005, 10:10 PM
Well, you'll need a spare for the wash Sam! :-D

shonedek
09-05-2005, 10:15 PM
oh ya which will mean more ofhttp://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/haushalt/a015.gif and http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/haushalt/a020.gif and http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/haushalt/a035.gif all to keep my baby warm.Will definatly need this http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/musik/n015.gif

going to be another busy day

Moli
09-05-2005, 10:17 PM
Hope its all sorted out soon Sam....Maybe you should knit the little one a coat...

Mags
09-05-2005, 10:17 PM
Woohoo...you got the hang of it now Sam! :-D

shonedek
09-05-2005, 10:19 PM
blimmy i can only just about use sewing machine,never mind two needles im supposed to knit with .I think i would be very good at knitting KNOTS and can you imagine all my cats,they would have so much fun lol

Mags
09-05-2005, 10:22 PM
Can anyone remember French Knitting with a cotton reel?

Moli
09-05-2005, 10:22 PM
I can knit, but never something small enough to fit a tiny kitten...

shonedek
09-05-2005, 10:23 PM
many years ago,i used to like it but cant do it now

Moli
09-05-2005, 10:26 PM
Can anyone remember French Knitting with a cotton reel?I remember that, used to do it at nursery school(I have a very good memory) :D :D

shonedek
09-05-2005, 10:28 PM
:lol: @ Moli
you guys have made me feel better tonight.ready to face another day just about

Mags
09-05-2005, 10:30 PM
I used to love it......I'm going to teach my g/daughter how to do it.

Moli
09-05-2005, 10:34 PM
Never did find out..what did you do with it once you had finished making it?

Mags
09-05-2005, 10:38 PM
I used to wind it round in circles, sew it together and make little place mats....it used to be a craze at school to see who could make the longest!

Moli
09-05-2005, 10:41 PM
I was never that clever Mags....

shonedek
09-05-2005, 10:43 PM
oh i would love to see todays children in school being made to do that.if it dosnt have a tv screen or buttons to prees they cant do physical stuff and how physical is that

Mags
09-05-2005, 10:44 PM
Very true Sam!

shonedek
09-05-2005, 10:46 PM
kids today dont know what they are missing.we used to have fun at playtime but now they sit there texting on mobile phones.Wont be long before we forget how to talk to each other

bobbie3917
10-05-2005, 12:43 AM
but if it was not for things like this (pc) they we would not have so many friends all over the world. http://www.cosgan.de/images/kao/liebe/g025.gif

and i used to love that French Knitting thing but i dont think we called it that