PDA

View Full Version : What is........

Mags
04-05-2005, 08:46 PM
.........the best place you have ever been to?

Fran
04-05-2005, 08:48 PM
The Caribbean - We got married in the Dominican Republic, it was absolutely beautiful 8)

Mags
04-05-2005, 08:52 PM
Oooh that's marvellous......so romantic! Did you have many of your family there?

My daughter wanted to get married there but her FIL said he didn't like flying. That was 9 years ago and he now goes abroad twice a year :evil: I wasn't very happy when I heard that.

Fran
04-05-2005, 08:56 PM
We didn't take any family Mags as we had both been married before and just wanted a very quiet affair, plus which my mum is quite elderly and has a bad heart and just wouldn't have coped with the flight and the heat. We had a big wedding reception when we came home for everyone. It was just perfect......

Mags
04-05-2005, 08:59 PM
It's something you remember for the rest of your life. I bet the wedding pics were lovely.

Fran
04-05-2005, 09:02 PM
We didn't have a digi camera in those days, but I will try and photograph some of the photos tomorrow and post you some Mags.

It's a shame your daughter didn't have her wish to get married there, especially as her FIL now goes abroad so often :(

Mags
04-05-2005, 09:06 PM
The best place I have been to was Barbados in '97. We stayed on the West Coast where all the stars go.....but didn't see anyone famous :roll: It was everything you could imagine....beautiful scenery and really nice friendly people

I have a second favourite....Disney/Florida. Very tiring couple of weeks but wouldn't have missed it for the world. You certainly don't have to be a child to enjoy it there!

Mags
04-05-2005, 09:08 PM
Yes...she didn't want a church wedding so ended up getting wed in a Register Office.

Fran
04-05-2005, 09:14 PM
Ooooh I would love to go to Barbados, we did consider getting married there. And of course Disney/Florida is somewhere we we will hopefully take the kids one day....

Fran
04-05-2005, 09:20 PM
My hubby is currently trying to photograph some of our wedding photos, but he is getting quite frustrated as the piccies are coming out blurred :roll:

Mags
04-05-2005, 09:21 PM
Our hotel was right on the beach and from our balcony you could almost touch a palm tree loaded with coconuts.

Your kiddies would love Disney World....how old are they now? The walk up to the castle is just amazing.....you feel like you are in another world. We would like to go again sometime.

Mags
04-05-2005, 09:24 PM
Awww, bless him....he's trying his best. Tell him it doesn't matter if they are blurred as I can still get an idea of what it was like :wink:

shonedek
04-05-2005, 09:31 PM
i went to Jersy many years ago and totally fell in love with the place.

Fran
04-05-2005, 09:33 PM
Our hotel was right on the beach and from our balcony you could almost touch a palm tree loaded with coconuts.

Your kiddies would love Disney World....how old are they now? The walk up to the castle is just amazing.....you feel like you are in another world. We would like to go again sometime.

The kids are eight and twelve, we wanted to wait until they were old enough to remember going as it would be a once in a lifetime for us!

Talking about palm trees, they gave us a special suite when we got married and it had a palm tree growing right through the centre of the bedroom :shock:

Mags
04-05-2005, 09:45 PM
A palm tree growing through the bedroom :shock: .....that's very novel :lol:

Your children are the about right age now PK....I would guarantee they would love it there......as would you and hubby!

Mags
04-05-2005, 09:49 PM
i went to Jersy many years ago and totally fell in love with the place.
We went to Jersey for our honeymoon many years ago too Sam and I agree it is a lovely place. Did you visit the German Underground Prison?......very eerie :shock: I'd like to go back again one day but like everything else I expect it has changed a lot :(

shonedek
04-05-2005, 09:54 PM
i went there and you had the feeling they were with you as you walked around.Very cold to and looking in those tunnels that hadnt been finished knowing that men died digging them.You dont realise how lucky you are

Mags
04-05-2005, 09:55 PM
......and that eerie music and talking made it seem so real.

shonedek
04-05-2005, 10:00 PM
you never forget it thats for sure and i think a lot of todays kids should see that sort of thing.
I love the veiws and the towns and the people and everything,will go back one day but for the cats

Abbi
05-05-2005, 08:35 AM
My fav holiday was Kenya - went about 6 years ago - went to the Masi Mara on safari - out of this world!!!

Mags
05-05-2005, 08:55 AM
I would love to go there too Abbi but OH isn't really an animal sort person so it wouldn't be his type of holiday :( :(