PDA

View Full Version : Why don't people remember what you have told them

PaulaB
21-04-2005, 08:16 PM
Today I got woken up at 11 am by my nice new lcd tv being delivered. This wasn't to bad as I managed to get back to sleep pretty easy. At 3pm my optician rang, this is after I have told them not to ring before 4pm in the afternoon I hate being woken up when I am on night shift but no they did it again. Not to sure on a whether i was understandable b if I was polite, but then if someone wakes you up in the middle of your "night" its hard to be lucid and polite!!!!!!!!!!!

Fran
21-04-2005, 08:21 PM
It is frustrating. When I worked nights, I would unplug the phone in the bedroom. The answer machine would pick up the phone downstairs.

Mags
21-04-2005, 08:27 PM
That was annoying Paula......I think I would have been livid as well :evil: As Pk has said, unplug the phone next time :wink:

Kazz
22-04-2005, 11:25 AM
Hi When I did nights at work (not usual then) but we had a big refit going on my boss rang me at 1.00pm I figured he'd just forgotten, but mentioned I was on nights a few days later he did it again rang at about 12.30 witha pointless queston again I said "I'm on nights - don't ring"
Then a week or so later he rang again about 1.00ish. By then I was livid - but kept my paitence.

The next night I rang him about 3.00am asking him a stupid question. He said "It's the middle of the night" I said "Oh REALLY I'm wide awake"
A few days later I rang him again about 3.30am. Again he said "its the middle of the night" I said "Really is it I forgot you were on days!

The third time I rang him he said "Okay I get it I'll never ring you in the middle of the day again please let me sleep"

Worked for me. :-D

Mags
22-04-2005, 12:39 PM
Tit for tat eh Kazz.......it worked though! :-D