PDA

View Full Version : feeling down

bobbie3917
03-04-2005, 04:09 PM
hello all
im feeling really down today and i even think im going to cry :cry: i knows it been a few weeks now but im really missing Mitten's today.
i have tried everything to get going today but cant.

i have been in touch with a few rescues and they have all said no cos of the dogs :evil: i then got in touch with a lot of breeders and a few did get back to me and said they could help. i have two that are close to me but something always goes wrong when we try to meet (our end and theres) i should of been meeting the maine coon breeder this weekend (and last weekend and the 1 before that :() but as you can tell its not happening, i think some1 is trying to tell me something.

i know i might sound said as i only had her a few months but i did love her so much.

i am really feeling pi**ed off now

Natalie

Fran
03-04-2005, 04:31 PM
Hugs to you Bobbie!! It doesn't matter that you only had Mittens a short time, she was still part of your family and you had become very attached to her. You are bound to have better days and one that are not so good, it is all part of the natural grieveing process. It is harder for you because of the problems you are having getting another cat. That seems a bit harsh that the rescues can't help you because you have dogs? Why ever not?? Can't you go and see any of the breeders who have said they can help? Don't give up heart, the right little cat will come along and I am sure will be worth the wait :-) Keep your chin up!!

Mags
03-04-2005, 05:38 PM
Awww Nat, sorry to hear you are feeling so low.....it's only natural that you are still missing Mittens. Also it doesn't help when you are trying hard to find another and there always seem to be obstacles in the way. Try not to be too downhearted....I'm sure there is another little cat somewhere out there waiting for you.

I hope you feel better soon {{{{hugs}}}}

Moli
03-04-2005, 05:53 PM
Somewhere there's a little kitten with your name on it....sorry you are feeling so down....

Naomi
04-04-2005, 02:49 PM
Awww {{{{{hugs}}}}} Nat. You'll get the right cat soon. Keep your chin up mate

bobbie3917
04-04-2005, 04:22 PM
thanks all, feeling a little better today but not a lot. im sure ill get another cat soon and i hope that helps.

Kazz
04-04-2005, 06:06 PM
HI Have you tried taking pictures showing your dogs and Mittens so people can see the dogs are used to cats?
Good luck - I never realised it was so hard to rehome a cat - when you have dogs.
Karen

bobbie3917
04-04-2005, 10:48 PM
with all the rescues i have been in touch with it was not a no until i said what breed of dog i had. i had to tell them as they do home visits so there is no point in lying. i have emailed a few pic of the dogs and Mitten togather but they say they cant risk it :). thats why i decided to go back for a pedigree cat as the breeder i am chatting to used to have stafords and loves them. and another reason some said no was cos i have a child under 5

Moli
05-04-2005, 08:33 AM
This is why I bought my cats..with a boxer and 2 staffies..rescues were not to keenon homing cats with me..I know my dogs would not harm a cat, but they would not take the chance....I suppose they have to be careful.. :?