PDA

View Full Version : The eating of domestic animals

shonedek
19-02-2005, 12:07 AM
Hers a topic that makes me cringe.Why is it foxhunting is banned.Bears are being saved from catchers who take the fluid produced from there Pancreas.Fur trade is a no no.No ornaments made from parts of animals.Then how come certain countries eat cats and dogs.These poor animals are kept in tiny wire cages stacked on top of each other.They are so tighly packed they cant turn around or put there head up to strech.Some are already dead in the cage.They are peeing all over themselves.They are petrifided and know whats happening.If animals are to be subjected to this then they must be humanly put to sleep not boiled alive or , hot oil dipped cats still alive having there skins riped off.We are supposed to be a nation of animal lovers so why has the domestics cats/dogs been left out.They shouldnt suffer this kind of truma.Im not saying stop eating them because of there culture but ANIMALS have feelings and rights to.Perhaps this could be the start of something good.Im sorry if this is a little graphic but this pratice has just gone on to longand untill more people know about it ,it will just carry on.

Mags
19-02-2005, 12:19 AM
Reading that made me cringe Sam :( You couldn't have put it better.
Why do we worry about all the other cruelty in animals but ignore the cats and dogs? We are well known as a country who dotes on our pets, do you think it is because we don't want to upset other countries because of their culture.

Something else I didn't know about until I heard it on the radio this morning.....battery hens have their beaks cut off to save them from pecking each other to death!! How gross is that?

Fran
19-02-2005, 12:43 AM
:smt009 But what can be done to stop this cruelty?

shonedek
19-02-2005, 12:47 AM
It dosnt matter what culture these countries have.It is unacceptable to allow this to continue.How many more poor animals have to go through this before its stopped.
(Just another little thing,did you know that piglets have their tails cut short just after birth to stop them from being bitten and causing a serious injury.Perhaps if they werent so tightly pack in the fattening pens and given a taste of the outside world they wouldnt need this done)

Abbi
19-02-2005, 11:27 AM
:( :( :( :(

That is disgusting!

Naomi
19-02-2005, 12:00 PM
Just because we don't have the same culture doesn't mean we have the right to knock anyone else's.

Yes I agree the conditions they are kept in are bad and maybe a little education wouldn't go amiss either but we can't force a country to change their culture just because we feel it's wrong.

Mags
19-02-2005, 12:55 PM
I didn't know that happened to the little piglets Sam, that is awful. :(

There must be a lot of things like that going on that we are unaware of :(

shonedek
19-02-2005, 02:28 PM
Im not knocking another countries culture,however in this moden day are you trying to say that its ok for animals to be killed this way for human consumption.If they want to eat them thats fine by me,however NO animal should have to go through this.We have all stood together about animals being used in Chinease medicine and this is now being regulated.Live horse trade to France is tightly regulated.Non of these are our culture but they have given the animals a better quality of life before they are killed.
Why cant this be regulated also and these poor animals end there days without the pain they endure at the moment.

bobbie3917
19-02-2005, 05:01 PM
i don't think there is anything wrong with ppl eating cats and dogs its just like us eating pigs but i do not agree with the ways these animals as kept but then again look how we keep hens and pigs over here is there really a difference?
i think we should be able to eat what we like but that animal should have a normally like up until its time for the slaughter house. and im not saying that they should eat a pet but they should be farmed tidy

shonedek
19-02-2005, 07:17 PM
Im not worried about what people eat.That is not my problem.The main point is how they are KILLED.I can not except that dipping a cat in hot oil then skinning it alive is aceptable.Im looking to join a group of people who are willing to stand up for these poor animals to actually end there lives with some feelings as they deserve.No animal should be subjected to this.
As to hen and pig farming at least the animals have some kind of quality of life(wether you agree with it or not its better then what these cats/dogs get) and have regulations which are impelmented by goverment and vets.

Abbi
19-02-2005, 07:21 PM
Where does this happen Sam?

Mags
19-02-2005, 07:23 PM
Dipping a cat in hot oil and then skinning it alive is barbaric, it's something I haven't heard of before. Which country does that Sam? I agree, if an animal has to be killed for whatever reason it SHOULD be done humanely.

shonedek
19-02-2005, 07:24 PM
places like China/Japan.There was a programme on tv trying to bring peoples attention to this.A friend of mine went over and she said seeing was beleiving.

Mags
19-02-2005, 07:29 PM
That is sickening!

Abbi
19-02-2005, 07:35 PM
That's really horrible

shonedek
19-02-2005, 07:36 PM
Like i said im not worrid about anyone wanting to eat cats/dogs but they have the right to die without suffering.Im seriously looking into this and trying to do my bit to help.Were all supposed to be cat lovers so next time you stroke your cat just give a thought to the ones over there.

Abbi
19-02-2005, 07:37 PM
I am totally with you Sam!

Mags
19-02-2005, 07:50 PM
.Were all supposed to be cat lovers so next time you stroke your cat just give a thought to the ones over there.

I'll remember your words Sam.

bobbie3917
19-02-2005, 08:34 PM
im 100% with you there Sam that is no way to treat any animale

shonedek
20-02-2005, 12:25 AM
I didnt mean it to sound hard Mags :oops: but we have to speak up on their behalf.They are the unheard voices.

Mags
20-02-2005, 10:48 AM
Don't worry Sam, I totally agree with you. I can tell it's something you feel very passionate about and it's good that people can voice their opinions.
When you hear of things like this it really does make you appreciate your pets and the life that we are able to give them.

Azz
23-02-2005, 11:09 AM
like some of u said, we cant stop people eating 'waht they want' (although the thought of what some people eat makes my skin crawl! - lol some people 'barbacue huge spiders :smt078 )

But what we can do is voice our opinions about the treatment of animals.

I saw a horrible video (of the web) recently where some animals were being skinned for the fur trade - half of them were'nt even being killed first! :cry:

Abbi
23-02-2005, 11:55 AM
Oh please - I don't want to hear any more :O((((((((((

Naomi
24-02-2005, 03:37 PM
Thank god for that I couldn't open the link.

Azz
03-03-2005, 10:34 PM
it was awful :-( I felt like beating those people up!

Fran
03-03-2005, 11:04 PM
I can't deal with this cruelty. I know it's wrong but I have to convince myself these things don't happen. I just can't face the truth about issues like these :(

shonedek
03-03-2005, 11:34 PM
The problem is we all have to face these issues,not only does this thing go on in other countries but the cruelty that happens in this country.These animals cant speak for themselves,they rely on us the so called animal lover to speak on there behalf.