PDA

View Full Version : Where's Abbi gone!

Azz
20-04-2004, 01:44 PM
Hey Abs, ur not on another holiday r ya?

If u r, don't 4get 2send us a post card :-)

Abbi
20-04-2004, 03:31 PM
Hey

I am here!!! :lol:

Been catching up at work, not forgotton about ya :wink:

Really tired think its all catching up with me! Roll on the weekend!

Azz
20-04-2004, 03:47 PM
kno how u feel Abs - we did a bonfire last night (we had loadsa wood from an old shed) we started it about 8.30 ish and were still out there at 2.20 am! I'm all achey now cos of all that lifting :-(

I took some pix so will post some em in a bit...

Azz
20-04-2004, 04:15 PM
here are the pix...

http://img52.photobucket.com/albums/v160/azzzz/ourfire2.jpg

http://img52.photobucket.com/albums/v160/azzzz/ourfire1.jpg

You probably can't make him out but the man standing next to the fire (as he was the only one mad enough to get that close!) is Andrew from next door - he is also the 'firestarter' because it was all his idea!

Abbi
20-04-2004, 04:29 PM
The pics are great! I wish I had room to have a bonfire, with the new lawn its not reallt a good idea and there is nowhere else to have one - but we could have got rid of so much by burning it - had a chap come around last Tuesday to take away all the rubbish from the garden, garage and the tree that was cut down and it cost us £130! If we could have burnt it would have been nothing and to top it all - the lad that came with the bloke was a landscape gardener and we ended up asking him to do some work in the garden which set us back £140 - all in all an expensive weekend!!!

Azz
20-04-2004, 05:00 PM
We did about three that size! at £120 a skip we saved a few bob! Plus we will have more to come, the laths from the ceilings, the old timber from the walls, old wardrobes etc and it was actually good fun too :-) BOILING tho - was soooooooooo hot! but beats being out at 2am in the freezin cold!

Guess u could always take up the turf in strips and then re-lay? but that sounds too much like hard work!

Bet the 140 was worth it tho cos u already got such a lovely garden! What did u have done?

Abbi
20-04-2004, 05:08 PM
Yeah you should have put some jacket potatoes in the bottom of the fire Mmmmmmmmmmmmm yummy!

We have a section of the garden that had a nasty tree in it and we wanted it taken out and a small area turfed - which he did - it looks tons better but got to give the grass some TLC for the next two weeks, Si will be watering it every night!

I really love my garden and really enjoying getting it how I want it - its my little project!

Azz
20-04-2004, 05:17 PM
I think ur garden is ACE too! it's sooooooooooooo big! u could have lots of cat pens in there!! (hint hint!)

:-)

p.s don't forget to send me pix of it in full bloom!

Mags
20-04-2004, 06:50 PM
Hi Azz
Where was our invite to the bonfire party? :( :lol: Would have brought some fireworks over to go with Abbi's jacket potatoes! Did you have the fire at the bottom of the garden by the river? Hope you had plenty of buckets of water handy! :lol:

Abbi
20-04-2004, 08:41 PM
Sounds like a great idea Maggs!!! Talk about invite ourselves!!!

he he he he he he he he he

Azz
20-04-2004, 08:42 PM
We didnt think we were gonna have it till the end of the week, but Andrew knocked on the door yesterday all eager! Prob a good job too as it's pooring down today but yesterday was lovely :-) You guys should've come down as the neighbours on the other side decided to join us as well - it was like a mini rave! lol

Yes it was by the river and we had the hose pipes ready... not to mention a big river to jump in in case we caught on fire! :-) (lol which we nearly did!)

Azz
20-04-2004, 08:44 PM
You know you are always welcome here both Abbi and Mags (and Trev offcourse!)

:D

Abbi
20-04-2004, 08:44 PM
Oh Poor me! :( Bit too far to come - I spy that maggs your quite close to Azz - never mind I would have been there in spirit!

Azz
20-04-2004, 09:00 PM
Mags is about an hour away.. You could always catch a plane Abs...

:-)