PDA

View Full Version : Heather - Sharada Birmans - Australia

Heather Sharada Birmans
17-03-2004, 12:49 AM
I think I skipped this section and did not really introduce myself - except on the forum.

OK - I am a 60 year old grandmother of one little boy called dylan. He lives with his mum - Karen and Dad - Dave about 2 hours drive away - as they have their own business I actually do not see them very often but we talk on the phone lots.

My cats are my family - I have 7 Birman adults and several kittens and breed and exhibit. They live as my pets - in various pen/rooms with wonderful access to the garden and indoors - I love all of them but being a realist and enjoying my hobby I have adopted a policy that all breeding cats go desexed to pet forever homes by the age of three years - this gives them quality of pet life and I get a chance to breed without keeping large numbers of cats.

I am particularly fond of Lilacs and chocolates and have not been that successful yet in breeding this consistently - but working on it. I have some nice seals and blues.

I am a semi retired Homoeopath/Reflexologist - both learned in England where I lived for 14 years - in Willesden - NW10 - did not have cats then. last year Thanks to a friend giving me a ticket - I visited England last year and was able to attend the Birman Championship Show - it was wonderful and of course I caught up with friends. If I was 10 years younger I would go back to England but I repatriated 4 years ago to look after my ailing mother. She passed away 5 days after I returned and my possessions were still on a ship that was on it's way - plus I had bought a house. All a bit difficult now - but some of my heart is still in England.

Anyway that's the end of this chapter of the story - if you want to know anything further - feel free to ask.

Azz
17-03-2004, 02:39 PM
Hi Heather - and welcome to the forum! :-)

Sorry to hear about your Mum, I bet you're glad you had those 5 days with her although I imagine it was a tough 5 days.

It's very evident that your cats are your family!! Look at those pens and rooms you have for them - Brilliant!

We used to live in Harrow, not too far from Willesden. It's easy to miss the city but there's things about it that we're glad to get away from! lol

Well I wish you well in your breeding goals and hope to see lots more posts from you as I think you add an invaluable input! Also, I look forward to your next chapter...

Tama
04-06-2004, 02:38 PM
Hi Heather!

Lovely name.. :-)