PDA

View Full Version : Rainy Sunday.

dinky
13-02-2022, 05:41 AM
Good morning Pamela and Shelley,
Torrential rain here all day, coming from some tropical cyclone in the Pacific region I believe.There's a lot of flooding on the streets and the West Coast is cut off due to slips on the road. It seems to be easing a little now in Christchurch, so the cats may be able to go outside tonight and the wee wild birds might get a bit of respite from the bad weather.

My cousin wants to thank you both for your kind wishes over Cinder.She didn't come round today as she felt she was too upset to drive, and anyway, the roads are too flooded .Civil Defence were telling people to drive only if essential, so I'm quite pleased she stayed at home.She may come round during the week.

Dickens still isn't eating much at all, and has been using the litter box like crazy this morning with only minimal success. However this afternoon he has settled down and is now sleeping on his chair in the lounge. Miracle absolutely adores the urinary food - mind you, Miracle will eat anything. Just watching Dickens now and he is breathing rapidly while sleeping., but I'm hoping that he's just unwell, and once he gets over this bout, his breathing will settle. He was actually purring today when I stroked him, and rubbing his body around my legs, so hopefully that's a good sign.

I haven't been out anywhere today because of the weather, but will go out tomorrow or Tuesday to get some groceries as I'm running out of food.

PAMELA ,sorry to hear about your bad weather .You were brave to go to the track session on Friday night, but what a shame the wind was too bad to go for a bike ride yesterday. I hope you went out and had a nice lunch somewhere, just the two of you.

SHELLEY, I hope you managed to get a bit of writing done yesterday. Your Great Aunt Madge sounds like a fascinating woman to research. What a pity that she had such a tragic life. How's your Christianity course going ? I'm plodding along with mine still and am about to graduate from Level 2 and move up to the next level.

Well ladies, I hope the bad weather clears for you a bit today and you both have a good Sunday. I'm off now to try and find something eatable for tea.