PDA

View Full Version : Rainy Saturday.

dinky
12-02-2022, 06:28 AM
Good morning ladies.
Saturday tea time here and it's really raining heavily outside. Has been all day, but I'm not complaining. I just feel sorry for the wee wild birds that Janna has just fed. They seem such fragile wee things, but I guess their feathers insulate them from the cold. I've got something sad to tell you both. Cinder, my cousin's beautiful Golden Retriever was PTS at around 2.30 am this morning. She got a lot worse at midnight and appeared to be in pain, so my cousin took her to the all-night emergency vet clinic. They saw a really nice vet who scanned her body and said if she took the dog home with pain relief, then Cinder may live a week at the longest. My cousin made the decision to let her go, as she didn't want her to suffer.She's very upset today, of course, but has tried to keep busy. At least she lives with her son and his partner and they also have a Goldie (Lulu), so that will help. I've been ringing her up throughout the day just to check on her There's really nothing anyone can say at this time, but at least she's got good people around her.

Dickens will not eat the urinary wet food at all today. Janna went up to the vet clinic and bought the urinary dry food and he has eaten a little bit of that, but he's very hungry. I'm going to give him a wee bit of ordinary wet food tonight (I know I shouldn't) because I think he should at least be eating some wet food. I'll leave the urinary biscuits out all night for him though. Gosh, this is a nightmare.I think he's a bit happier in himself, and I saw him have a big drink of water just before. He's also been sleeping for a while today and hasn't been running to the litter boxes so often.Hopefully it's a good sign. Actually, Janna's just feeding him a Fancy feast tuna tube at the moment and he's loving it. There's not much in one of those tubes so I doubt if it will harm him at all. I'm going to have a chat with Michele about him anyway, when she's back at work again.

Marinated steak, kumara and pumpkin tonight for tea - nice on a cold night. My cousin might come round to see me tomorrow, if she's OK.Janna and I ate the spinach and feta rolls today ,but I have more in the freezer for tomorrows lunch, if she does come round.

PAMELA, hope all is well with you and you've got a good weekend planned You'll be tired after working longer days at work, so hopefully you'll find some time to relax this weekend. I bet you'll go out on the bike to show off that flash new jacket. !!!

SHELLEY,I'll mention the anti-depressants to Michele when I see her. If Dickens doesn't need them, I certainly do !!! You'll be excited about that doll fair coming up. AND how fantastic to receive that letter and photo of your Great Aunt. That will certainly spur you on to great heights. !!! You must be getting to "know" her well by now. What gave you the incentive to write about her life ?

Well, I'm off now to check on my tea. and then have a quiet night watching TV.

Stay warm and safe everyone.

pamela81
12-02-2022, 09:51 AM
Morning Dinky

Soo sorry to hear that Cinders has gone to the rainbow bridge. It sounds like your cousin did what was best for her though and can take comfort that Cinders is no longer in pain. How are you?

It is raining and windy here again today. My wee birds havent been at the feeder but i have forgotten again to fill them up. I really need to get them done as we had frost yesterday.

Glad to hear Dickens is managing to get some sleep. I agree with the normal food if he wont eat anything else. it must be a worry. I do hope he picks up again.

Your lunch sounds nice, i hope you enjoy :)

Shelley, have you got your dolls sorted for the fayre? Your letter and photo sound lovely. I imagine you will be learning so much about her.

I went to my running clubs track session last night. Was tough going but was good, i am going to make a point of going every week as they are really beneficial for normal running. Not getting out on the bikes today as it is too windy and it is to rain for most of the day. I think we will end up going somewhere for lunch and just have a small dinner tonight.

Have a great day ladies :)

Shelley123
12-02-2022, 10:46 AM
Hello ladies,
I am so sorry about Cinders, I do hope your cousin comes round, best to keep busy.
Yes I'd give Dickens anything he'll eat till he's a bit better.
Pamela, good that you went to the running club, I really need to do some exercise, you put me to shame.
Not sure what I'll do today, I aim to do some writing and more research soon.
I have always said I should write Madges story.
I knew her as an eccentric aunty and there are lots of funny tales, although really her life was tragic.