PDA

View Full Version : Rainy friday.

dinky
04-02-2022, 05:19 AM
Good morning ladies,
it's actually raining here this afternoon. I can't believe it, as it was 31 degrees yesterday. I've been standing outside and getting soaked and absolutely loving it. I had planned to head out to New World supermarket today. It's a wee way from here ,but they've got a few specials at the moment which I can do with, including a nice big bird feeder for my magpies. However I have been waiting for the handyman, Paul ,to come and put up these venetians and he hasn't turned up.Gosh, he's so hard to pin down to a time. It's too late to go out now, so I'll leave it until Sunday. Can't go tomorrow as my cousin is coming for lunch.Paul is very busy and a really nice guy ,but he is so slow !!!. I guess he's a perfectionist. I could try and install them myself, but I might mess it up, so I guess I'll just have to wait for him.

The new computer desk arrived yesterday and it looks easy enough to assemble (famous last words !!!), so I'll give it a go myself .It's just the bookcase part might be a bit tricky. Gosh, I miss having a man around the place and Elliot doesn't live next door any more.. I've got a nice lamp to put on the top book shelf, of a big raven holding the cord of the bulb in its beak. It's sort of Gothic and of course, Janna loves it.Just got to get the table assembled first.

PAMELA,I'm so pleased that your dad is now feeling so much better.It'll be good that you are able to see him regularly from now on. and it's nice that you'll keep his house tidy for him. It must be hard for him ,being on his own. I'm pleased that you're enjoying your new work role and have got plenty of work on. That'll keep you out of mischief. Glad you like the 2 new t-shirts too.You'll really look the part when you go out on the bike now. Steven will be quite jealous !!!

SHELLEY,gosh you do seem to be having a busy time lately. I'm glad that you enjoyed Belfast. It's playing in our cinemas at the moment and I've seen the trailers of it. A cinema with sofas sounds brilliant. We have arm chairs in a couple of ours, but not sofas.I'm pleased that you managed to find some dolls and bears that you liked at the Amsterdam market. Hopefully they'll arrive soon and you'll have fun unpacking them all.Happy birthday to your dad for last Monday. I really hope he had a fantastic day and enjoyed his chinese meal with you all.

Well, off to make some tea now - fish and salad for us tonight.. Dickens and Freddie have been glaring at each other all day and spitting and hissing. I've now got a little water pistol but haven't had to use it yet. It's the only thing I can think of to do if they start fighting again, because they mean business and will end up injuring each other.

Have a great Friday ladies.

pamela81
04-02-2022, 07:06 PM
Evening Dinky :)

Thats great your blonds have arrived, hopefully you can get Paul soon to get them fitted :) Like you, we have rain but we also have a weather warning for snow :( hoping it wont come though. The feeder sounds nice, i really need to get mine sorted and get them filled up.

That great your new computer desk arrived. I am actually going to Ikea tomorrow as i have a meet up with my bike friends tomorrow not far from there. We are having a bring and buy sale of motorbike kit we no longer use/want. With the start of the season close then its always good if someone else can get use of kit you no longer use as it isnt cheap to buy. I need a new desk as i bought a double monitor stand and i dont think my table is big enough for it and the other one that has my laptop on it.

What are you and your cousin having for lunch tomorrow? Steven is working tomorrow morning so i will treat myself to breakfast somewhere i think :)

I actually had a s pray bottle for Harris when he starts on Skye, as soon as you lift it he runs away!! I also threaten to throw cushions at him and have thrown them a couple of tomes but close to him, not directly hitting with them when he doesnt stop. He has been much better though so i cant complain!!

Shelley, i hope you enjoyed your chinese meal :)