PDA

View Full Version : Monday daily.

dinky
31-01-2022, 06:39 AM
Good morning Pamela, Shelley and anyone else who may look in.

Monday 5.30pm here, after another hot day. Thank goodness it's cooling off a bit now. If those blinds haven't come by the end of the week, we're going to hang a couple of big blankets up at the lounge windows. It just gets unbearably hot in here in the afternoons, despite the air con. It's meant to be cooler tomorrow and rain a bit on Wednesday, so we'll see. I'm going to the supermarket tomorrow and try and shop for the next fortnight, but my sister tells me there are a lot of items missing from the shelves at our local supermarket. I'm still OK for cat food, but need milk and food for us. I usually buy cartons of long life milk but there's none of that anymore, so will buy a big bag of milk powder if I can get it.

Cats are all OK but not eating much at all as it's too hot for them.They have water fountains all over the house and seem fine. I gave Willow's Kool mat to my cousin for her dog and she loves it. My cats miss it though, so I may have to get it back for them. You can't buy them anymore, at least not at the moment.

Omicron seems to be taking off in the North island but so far Christchurch is free of it. The government has tightened up on the use of face masks. From the 9th Feb ., everyone has to wear proper respirator masks, not cloth ones anymore. It's near impossible to get these masks and they're very expensive. We are all hoping that the government will provide NZers with them or else change the rules a bit. Gosh, they'll be wanting the cats and dogs to wear them next. !!!

Frederick is terrible at the moment. He continually jumps on top of Betsey and bites her neck. He's always done this, but lately he's a lot worse. Poor Bets can't even go to the water fountains without being attacked.It seems to be a dominance thing with him and he's been a bit stressed lately with Dickens attacking him really viciously.

PAMELA, sounds as if you had a really busy weekend, with all that rubbish dumping , cleaning and putting up that new bed. Gosh, you'll have to go back to work to have a rest .I hope your new shifts that start today go well for you. How exciting. I heard about the bad weather Scotland had over the weekend and was sad that a woman in Aberdeen was killed. I hope you got through it OK. Fancy your books from Amazon arriving the very next day. Nothing like that with our terrible mail system here.Good for you ,buying those 2 new t shirts from the Valentino Rossi website. What about poor Steven ? Did he get one too ? You have no need to feel guilty about your purchase anyway. You work hard and everyone needs to spoil themselves once in a while.

I do hope your dad is continuing to improve, Pamela. It will take time, but hopefully each time you see him, you'll see an improvement. As long as he stays nice and warm and eats healthy meals, which I know he will.

SHELLEY, I hope you , Howard and Chris are getting through winter OK. I don't know if you also are experiencing bad weather like Scotland is, but I'm assuming you are. I hope it's not too cold for the pups. Are you awaiting the arrival of a new shipment of treasures from Amsterdam ? How exciting .

Well ladies, it's getting awfully hot sitting here at the computer, so I'll go and get an ice block from the freezer and cool off. Oh yes, I forgot to tell you that I bought a new computer desk online today. It's black, and has an attached book case, but is smaller than our old one here.It's coming from the North island so will take ages to arrive, but that's OK.

Have a really good Monday everyone and hope the weather is a little kinder to you.