PDA

View Full Version : Friday daily.

dinky
28-01-2022, 09:14 AM
Good morning ladies.
Friday night here after another hot day. My cats are waiting for the birds to finish their bread and seed, then they can go outside. They've been hot all day, but will enjoy it outside now as it's getting cooler ..I haven't been doing much over the last couple of days, except clean the big windows in the lounge in preparation for the new blinds that should come next week (maybe ).The handyman, Paul measured up the windows and rang the company for me with the measurements. It was a real hassle because the blind company don't make the blinds wide enough to fit my windows - they take up one whole side of the lounge room. After a lot of working measurements out, we decided to get 3 separate blinds to cover the window and Paul will install them for me when they arrive. I was going to get the same blinds in the kitchen, but have now decided to wait and see what these are like before deciding. I may go for verticals instead, but the problem is that the cats keep breaking the cords (at least they did with the last lot ).

This morning I went to New World supermarket to get a wild bird feeder. The magpies love it. I managed to buy a couple of other things but there are limits imposed on many items and some of the shelves were bare. Janna went up to Animates pet shop for me and got a big bag of RC biscuits. I was worried that stocks might run out ,so got a bigger bag than usual.The Calm ones that Michele got for me seem to be making Dickens really aggressive and besides ,the cats don't really like them. I'll keep mixing them in with their normal ones and then they eat them. I also managed to buy a lot of extra cat food at the supermarket today, to stock up. I seem to worry more about my cats running out of food than anything else.Don't know if the UK has the Fancy feast tubes for cats. My babies ADORE the tuna tubes, but they're so expensive. You get them in packs of 4, and Dickens will eat 6 of these tubes for one meal .!!! I managed to get 8 packets of them at the supermarket today at a reduced price, so I was happy.

My cousin is coming round for lunch tomorrow. I'm providing pancakes and small warmed chocolate chip brioche rolls. Might have an ice block for dessert or a piece of carrot cake that I bought today.

PAMELA,what a terrible time your poor dad is having. I hope now that he is on the mend and feeling a bit better. You must be so worried about him, Thank goodness that he went to hospital and was able to get treated. I am praying for him, Pamela. At least he is at home now, in familiar surroundings and your sister is close by to keep an eye on him. My cousin in Wellington has a daughter ,Sarah, who also developed blood clots in her lungs after the vaccine and was in hospital for quite a while. I hear that covid restrictions are lifting in England but not sure about Scotland. I hope you're coping OK.Your pink and grey bathroom sounds wonderful. Those colours go together beautifully. I'm sure it looks very trendy - almost too good to use. I hope Harris is being a good boy now at night and not disturbing you.

SHELLEY, it does seem strange you "attending" an online market in Amsterdam the other day. How exciting.Did you see something that took your fancy? I hope so. Your working week sounds pretty good to me and it gives you the best of both worlds - time at home and time in the office. I'm glad you're well protected at work against covid. I hope the pups are both doing well.

Well, I'm off to take the cats out now. They're all lined up at the back door waiting for me.

Have a great day ladies.

pamela81
28-01-2022, 09:41 PM
Evening Dinky, your blinds sound as if they are going ot be nice. I think 3 will look better than one and if the sun is coming in at a certain angle, you only need to close one not all of them!! :)

Has it cooled down any? Thats good you managed to get the food that the cats like. Strange how the calming ne makes Dickens aggressive, i wonder if he is allergic to one of the ingredients? You have reminded me that i need to fill my feeders up as i also have a magpie that comes to visit and likes my wee birdbath.

I had a fairly busy day at work today which was good. Start my new shifts next week which i am really looking forward to. I was really bad tonight!! I decided i wanted a Yamaha T-shirt as i have a Yamaha motorbike. I accidently found the Valentino Rossi official website tonight (best motorbike racer ever!! and he rode a Yamaha!!) and i bought 2 tshirts for the bike season coming in. :) I thought i deserved a wee treat!!

Scotlands lockdown rules are different to Englands. We are still having to keep facemasks in public indoor spaces/buildings/transport.

Dad is doing ok, tired again when i spoke to him but he is feeling better than he did. Will take a long time for the fluid in his lungs to go away though.

Busy day tomorrow as we need to walk the dogs then drop Stevens motorbike off at the garage to get work done it ready for the new season, go to the rubbish tip with lots of bags from last weeks clearout, then to his office to give it a clean (they have a cleaner!!???) and then home to build the new bed for the spare room. Sunday i am doing nothing!

Shelley, did you get anything at the auction?

Take care ladies :)