PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Tuesday.

dinky
28-09-2021, 06:24 AM
Good morning everyone. Tuesday 5.15pm here and the sun is shining. Janna's birthday today and she's had a great day. My sister and niece came this morning ,bringing her lots of presents -leggings, sweatshirt, t-shirt, purse and heaps of other things. Brenna took her out shopping on Sunday and bought her everything she wanted and also gave her money, and I gave her a DVD, a Game of Thrones T-shirt, a Harry Potter vest, a needle felted polar bear and a small fabric basket to put her face masks in. Brenna is also shouting us a platter from Hell Pizza for tea, and she's got a salted caramel birthday cake. Still no word from Paddy though, and I know Janna is a bit disappointed ,but she should be used to his behaviour by now. Anyway, Brenna and I will be with her tonight and we'll make sure she has a good time.

Dickens finished his second round of antibiotics last Sunday and so far so good. I'm just hoping that it doesn't hit him again like it did last time. Thanks everyone for your kind wishes for my big scruffy boy. Gosh, he looks so awful with all his bald patches where I've been trying to cut the matts off him. I'm not going to take him to the groomers this week, because I want to keep him as calm as possible until I know he's OK. He's lying out in the back conservatory at the moment, enjoying the sun. I'm actually fighting a black mould problem out there. The mould appears on the aluminium window frames and I wipe it off with white vinegar. It stays away for a while but then comes back. It's certainly not damp out there, so don't know what's causing it. I may have to look for something stronger, but don't like strong smelling fumes.

My cousin took her dog back to the vet the other day and when he saw the lump on her, he said it was just likely to be scar tissue, from the removal of her earlier lump. She's going to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get any bigger.

This afternoon, I went to our local supermarket and wonder of wonders, I managed to get some cat food that my babies love. I was very tempted to buy all of it, but I decided to leave some for others - gosh, you can probably see my halo shining from where you all are !!!!! I also bought 2 bags of their favourite cat litter online, so my cats will be happy.

I'm still having a lot of trouble with my knees. It's painful to walk very far. I've got to go to the doctor in a couple of weeks for more of my pills ,so I'm going to mention it then. In the meantime, I'll just moan to anyone who will listen.

SHELLEY, I'm so sorry that your friend is so ill. Still, while there's life, there's hope and there are a lot of people praying for him/her. It is very difficult, I know. Yum , that chinese banquet last week sounds so nice and you must have had a great time at the doll fair on Sunday. What a great week you had. Let's hope this week is also a good one for you. Howard must be such a handy guy, doing all that work on the house, and won't it look magnificent when it's all finished !!! You'll be featured in the Home and Garden magazine soon. I did look up Katcor litter but my cats would not use it, even if i could get it here. it's far too coarse for their paws, because they are indoor cats. That's why they only like a very soft sandy litter. It sounds like a brilliant idea though. Hope your study of the parables is going well. I haven't finished my essay yet, but will let you know what I get for it.

PAMELA,I knew you'd be very busy with college and work, but I have no doubt that you'll get there. Have you got the results of your assessment yet ? It's always a bit nerve-racking waiting for results, but i'm sure you'll do well.. You did your best anyway, and that's all anyone can do. That shortage of fuel sounds bad. I hear about it on the news. I hope the situation eases a bit soon and you're able to get out on your bikes without worry. Lots of luck with your job hunting too, Pamela. I hope you find something that extends you and that you find satisfying for you personally. It may take time, but I'm sure you'll find the perfect job. Any firm would be lucky to get you.

YOLA, so sorry about your eye, but pleased that you have had the operation to repair the damage. I guess it will just take time now to let it heal. I hope your sight in that eye improves rapidly and the healing isn't too painful.Just take it easy as much as you can until all is well again. I'm sorry, too, that your husband is finding it so hard to get petrol. Aren't you lucky that you have an electric car that he can use ! He must be very grateful. Gosh, I can remember a while back, when you were having trouble with your knees. Now that I have a similar problem, I can understand how frustrating it must have been for you.I hope your knees are feeling a lot better now.

I'm off now to await my platter from Hell.Not really healthy, but really yummy. Yay, it's just arrived now, so I'll go and enjoy it with Janna.

Take care everyone and have a great Tuesday. .