Kazz
18-10-2019, 08:12 PM
Thought I would pop on and say Hello:-D

pamela81
18-10-2019, 08:22 PM
hey Kazz, nice to see you around the forum xx

Kazz
18-10-2019, 09:04 PM
Hello popped on as today tidying the front garden and little Acer (aka Eileen) is loosing her leaves and I thought Catsey.
How are you?

pamela81
19-10-2019, 08:07 AM
Thats a shame eileens tree is losing its leaves. I have an acer in my garden too and it is doing the same. I will now think of EIleen as i didnt realise that was the tree plantedfor her x

I am good, just muddling along. Barney my springer has had a hard year but he seems to be over the worst of it now, Mia is doing amazing. Harris is cheeky and loving gettingoutside and skye is still a mums girl :)

How are things with you?

Kazz
19-10-2019, 11:13 AM
Things are good here just back from a week in Majorca and getting used to just just being me and Gert (the dog) since Mom passed away in Feb this year. We are in a nice routine now. The tree was not planted for Eileen it was just know by me as Little Acer but came to be known to me as Eileen just did.

The tree we planted was in Moli's garden if you recall.

Glad the animals are doping well how are you?

pamela81
20-10-2019, 05:02 PM
sorry to hear of your mums passing Kazz. Majorca is lovely, we were there a few years ago.

What kind of dog is Gert?

I remember now, i looked back n a couple of threads. Acer trees are lovely though.

Im good, just keeping busy with work and running and the pets.

Kazz
20-10-2019, 10:22 PM
Gert is a rescue Staffie (what else) and a godsend since losing Mom keeps me going.

yola
21-10-2019, 09:54 PM
Hello stranger. Glad to hear from you. I travel to the Midlands on an almost weekly basis now for work and each time I drive past the services where we met for you to hand over Myshka. Wow - that was a while ago. He's 13 and still pottering on - is diabetic and has pancreatitis now - but is stable with meds.

So sorry to hear about your Mum - I lost mine too some 18 months ago and it's something I don't think I will ever fully get over - even at my advanced age.

pamela81
22-10-2019, 06:37 PM
hi Yola, its like a wee reunion on here lately :) lovely to see!! Just needs MAgs and DInky to pop in now which would be lovely :)

Hope you are well Yola x

Kazz
23-10-2019, 09:07 PM
Hello stranger. Glad to hear from you. I travel to the Midlands on an almost weekly basis now for work and each time I drive past the services where we met for you to hand over Myshka. Wow - that was a while ago. He's 13 and still pottering on - is diabetic and has pancreatitis now - but is stable with meds.

So sorry to hear about your Mum - I lost mine too some 18 months ago and it's something I don't think I will ever fully get over - even at my advanced age.

Hello Yola. I passed the services a couple of weeks ago and thought Myshka glad he is doing well. :-D

Sorry to hear about your Mom it is hard and something as you say you never get over you just get on.

Thought I would try and pop on as I was thinking of the good old days.....will never return to that as book of face has taken over. However nice to catch up with you all. Pamela Eileen would be proud of you holding the fort.

Mags
23-10-2019, 11:04 PM
Hello all :) just popped in to see how you all were.

It's nice to 'see' some familiar faces here again. I hope you're all keeping well.

Kazz, I'm sorry to hear you lost your dear Mom ... and Yolo too, so sorry to hear about your mum :(

I often wonder how many member's cats from the 'Good old Days' are still around ..... it's 3 years now since I lost Cassie.

Kazz
24-10-2019, 03:38 PM
Well Hello Mags

Three years already time goes so fast yet I still recall the stories we used to post.

Hard at times to believe its been 12 years for Cleo and 14 for Oscar seems like only yesterday.
Cleo was PTS on 24th July 2007, one week short of her 24th birthday.
Her brother
Oscar was PTS 18th Dec 2005 Oscar he was 23.

But we had such good good times.

pamela81
24-10-2019, 08:08 PM
hi Mags :) I cant believe that has been 3 years already!! It frightening how quick time goes by :(

Kazz, Thank you for your lovely comment. I have so many memories of good times on here with quizzes and chat and just felt i owed it to the forum and members to try and keep it alive. I sometimes look through my personal messages at the ones Eileen sent about quizzes or just general chat and it helps me remember how lovely a "family" we had on here x

Kazz
24-10-2019, 09:04 PM
hi Mags :) I cant believe that has been 3 years already!! It frightening how quick time goes by :(

Kazz, Thank you for your lovely comment. I have so many memories of good times on here with quizzes and chat and just felt i owed it to the forum and members to try and keep it alive. I sometimes look through my personal messages at the ones Eileen sent about quizzes or just general chat and it helps me remember how lovely a "family" we had on here x

We always will be family. Just not great at get togethers but good in the hard times.

Shelley123
25-10-2019, 11:29 AM
Hello everyone, thank you for the invitation to the reunion.
Kazz and Yola I am sorry to hear you have lost your mums, me too dec 2017.
I dont have any cats, only a grand cat called Lucy.
Still have the two Basenjis.
Going to reintroduce myself on here in intros and will try and pop on again.

Kazz
25-10-2019, 12:30 PM
Shelley you no more need to reintroduce yourself than I do I don't think.;)

So sorry to hear about your Mom I hope it was a peaceful passing.

Weirdly I met someone with a Basenji the other day so its fate we are coming back together. :-D

Shelley123
25-10-2019, 12:53 PM
Kazz, Basenjis seem to be more popular, not necessarily a good thing.
Feels good to be back here.

Kazz
25-10-2019, 01:55 PM
The lady I see I used to see years ago seems she lost her dog but now like me semi retired and has another dog. :-D

Yes it is nice to be back seems Pamela has been doing a grand job keeping it afloat. Have to start calling her Eileen :roll:
(JOKE)

pamela81
25-10-2019, 08:55 PM
I've tried along with dinky to keep it alive.

To be compared to Eileen is an honour as she was an amazing lady from what I knew when we spent so much time on here

Shelley123
26-10-2019, 09:13 AM
Eileen was a very special person, I still have the Christmas card she sent me and it goes on display every year.

pamela81
26-10-2019, 11:06 AM
That's a nice tradition to have Shelley

Kazz
26-10-2019, 11:27 AM
Hey we are almost a group again.

pamela81
26-10-2019, 06:53 PM
Looking like it!! Would be amazing to organise a quiz just for old times sake ��

Kazz
26-10-2019, 07:08 PM
That sounds good to me.

Kazz
26-10-2019, 07:25 PM
Putting out a few emails and fishing lines see how we go.

Elaine
26-10-2019, 08:58 PM
Hello
How the hell are you all?
I didn't know the forum was still live. Good to see its survived after all these years.

pamela81
26-10-2019, 09:01 PM
Hi Elaine lovely to see you here. It's been very quiet for a long time but everyone seems to have popped in and said hi ��

Kazz
26-10-2019, 09:03 PM
Come one come all

Elaine
26-10-2019, 09:16 PM
Any sign of Moli?

yola
26-10-2019, 09:21 PM
I think if we get a few more people together a quiz could be a distinct possibility :D :D

pamela81
26-10-2019, 09:29 PM
Hey Yola. Lovely to see you here. Hoping I'd we get enough people we could have one next Sunday night. I can host or if anyone else would like to host ��

Elaine
27-10-2019, 07:54 AM
Morning all, had a lot of issues getting on here and staying on here last night but seem to have it sorted now.
I am so sorry to hear of all your losses, I myself lost Rayne a few months ago and am just devastated, we had been through so much that wee dog and I. I still have my other dog Philo, he has been a god send to be honest and I still have Evil cat, Millicent bo-jangles.
My dad finally retired 5 years ago at the age of 81, mostly because he had to as he was struggling to walk. He has since had 2 operations on his spine and now uses a walker, he is a completely different man these days though which is sad to see.
My mum had a cancer scare last year, well actually she convinced herself she had cancer and was dying, she almost did too. Made herself so ill, she ended up in hospital, suspected heart attack which then transpired to be her gall bladder. Once she was well enough with all that, we dealt with the suspected cancer which transpired to be nothing more than skin tags growing on her cervix. Then a few months later she had a mini stroke, but she is dojng well for now.
Its been a rough 4 or 5 years with all of that and also dealing with my own mental health issues, ptsd and anxiety.
Maybe Eileen is pulling us all together for a reason? I was just talking about Kazz last weekend with a friend of mine, my dear friend Pamela often asks if I have heard from you Kazz.
Just a suggestion but it might be nice to start the first quiz as a trip down memory lane, jog our memories of all the good times we used to share here?
Be good to yourselves and have a lovely day xxx

Shelley123
27-10-2019, 10:05 AM
Hi Yola and Elaine.
Elaine I'm sorry you have lost Rayne .
Glad your mum is sorted and that your dad is ok.
My dad has been doing well since we lost mum and has developed a new life for himself.
It is a worry when your parents get old.
I'd be interested in a quiz, memory lane sounds a good idea.
Going to start a daily today and see what happens.

Mags
27-10-2019, 12:29 PM
How nice to 'see' you all again!

So sorry to hear some of you have had a few troublesome times over the years, life can be hard at times :(

This past year has been a worry for me, my daughter was rushed into hospital in late July, just before we were due to go on holiday. she had an emergency operation for the removal of a fibroid which had caused a burst blood vessel. She was very weak when she came out of hospital then a week later my son-in-law had to have an MRI scan which resulted in the discovery of a tumour in his head. He was admitted for an emergency operation a week later. They removed 98% of the tumour, leaving a little bit as it was growing on a nerve stem so too dangerous to remove that. Now two months later, my daughter has recovered and SIL is showing signs of improvement, thank goodness.

I've been popping in here every now and again to check all is peaceful here (no spammers!). I'm now on our sister forum Over50s which is very busy, especially with the continual rows about Brexit!:roll: I pop over here when I can. Azz has blocked any new members joining Catsey as at the time when very few members posted we were invaded by hundreds of spammers for a week or so, but he has left the forum open for any former members who wish to chat or just keep in touch. :)

Kazz
27-10-2019, 02:30 PM
Ah ha That explains the issues we all have getting back in then maybe as you know Mags I spent months trying to get back in.

Memory lane sounds brilliant. Have "messaged" Angie, Moli, Emma and Alex via F-book so hopefully fingers crossed.

I can do Sunday quiz but only before 3 or after 9.30pm have choir practice in-between times do not let that stop it.

Anyone know anyone we could round up?

Mags
27-10-2019, 03:11 PM
Ah ha That explains the issues we all have getting back in then maybe as you know Mags I spent months trying to get back in.

Memory lane sounds brilliant. Have "messaged" Angie, Moli, Emma and Alex via F-book so hopefully fingers crossed.

I can do Sunday quiz but only before 3 or after 9.30pm have choir practice in-between times do not let that stop it.

Anyone know anyone we could round up?
Maybe Smudgley, Donna, Kim???

yola
27-10-2019, 11:43 PM
Am connected with smudgely and Donna on fb, But not Kim. I will try and remember to send them a message tomorrow.

alexgirl73
29-10-2019, 10:39 AM
well hello everyone :) how lovely to 'see' so many familiar faces. Brings back so many memories of happy times spent on here.

So I guess I should bring you all up to speed on my last 10 years or so lol. Most of you have probably seen the post that we lost my darling Teddie in february, to be honest, still not completely over her passing, she was such a character and a quite irreplaceable cat. My girls are both well and the joys of my life, the eldest graduated uni last year and is about to move back to Telford with her boyfriend, I'm actually going to do a house viewing for them this morning. My youngest is autistic as you may remember, and has had a difficult few years, but has really blossomed this past year and is in her last year of college. No idea what happens next but she's happy and that's all that matters.
Hubby had cancer just over 4 years ago, and fought it brilliantly, kicking it's ass into touch lol, 4 years clear now and signed off from the consultant! My health is still a pain in the neck, but it is what it is and I'm still plodding on.
We still have the 2 cats, Broxi and Cooper, both very much slowed down in their old ages of 14, but can still put on a turn of speed at dinner time!! But we also have the 3 dogs now! Ranger we had not long gotten I think when last on here, and we now have another german shepherd called Penny, she's 4 and a half and we rescued her midway through hubbys chemo treatment lol. She's very dog reactive due to her poor upbringing before we got her, but she adores people! And the new baby of the family is our 5 month old pug puppy Baxter!! I know, a pug lol. Sister in laws 2 pugs got jiggy with it when the bitch came into season a week before her spay date, so 7 pups later, I ended up with one and so did my eldest. An absolute joy, and filled a little squashed face gap lol.

I think that's about it lol.

Kazz
29-10-2019, 10:48 AM
Wow Hello Alex. Pleased to hear about your nubby and his positive news. Hope the house viewing goes well.

My nephew is autistic if you recall and the joy of our lives (99%) of the time. LOL He has struggled since Dad died in 2015 we think because he is none verbal and has no concept of death. Mom died in Feb this year Jack has not been able to step into this house without calling for her none stop and that then causes him to break down when she does not come which makes it hard for all of us he searches for her and carries a photo with him as well as Dad's.

We are approaching a hard time now as Jack has for every Christmas morning since my Dad died Nov 2015 been convinced RanRan (my Dad) will come as of course most of you ay recall my Dad adored Christmas. Jack opens cupboards and every door he can find as Dad on occasion would hide and then step out and shout "Merry Christmas" as Jack loves being scared. LOL,
he seemed to settle easier last year but Mom was here so what happens this year we have no idea. We will see.