PDA

View Full Version : Radiator cat beds.

dinky
11-04-2015, 10:59 PM
Does anyone have one of the cat beds that fit over the top of a radiator? I am thinking of getting one from a UK website but they are not answering my questions about the bed. The picture shows the bed on a thin radiator /heater. Our radiator heaters in NZ are not as thin so I was wondering if the beds are adjustable to fit. My babies would love one of these. Or would it fit over a thin window ledge in a conservatory if the window was slightly ajar.? I just wondered if anyone has one of these beds and finds them good.

angieh
11-04-2015, 11:24 PM
Sorry dinky - I haven't tried a radiator bed but they do look good. My elderly boy Merlin liked his reflective mat which I used to put by the radiator for him. I'll see if I can find a link - it's going spare though atm, although is in the cats' room still.

This gives you an idea - the mat has a reflective layer inside so the cat's body heat is directed back, there are no heating elements involved and this model is very reasonably priced and you may be able to source something similar in NZ. http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=5850&pf_id=65368&utm_source=ShoppingFeed&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CI6a4Yem78QCFc3MtAodCxoA6g

fecto's mum
12-04-2015, 02:13 PM
Sorry Dinky, I haven't tried these. I don't think they would take the weight of our cats, Huggins and Barnaby maybe. We did have a cat, Scrumpy, who liked to sleep on the radiator if there was a towel draped over it. Are there various types? Maybe some are more adaptable. Good luck. If you get one can we have pics please?

Kim
12-04-2015, 05:46 PM
I have one of these and my cats have never really been interested. They seem quite flimsy.

cats' staff
13-04-2015, 04:09 PM
My lot never took to them at all- in fact they rarely sleep on anything that is INTENDED for cats!

Velvet
19-04-2015, 01:22 AM
Our cats wouldnt use them either ��

dinky
19-04-2015, 09:15 AM
Thanks for your help everyone. My cats are pretty heavy guys but I've decided to go ahead and get one of these beds anyway, and hook it over a slightly open conservatory window. The beds are fleecy and look very comfy. If my guys won't use it, then I'll give it to a friend who runs a cat rescue group. I can't get a picture of the bed off the website to show you but when I get one and the cats use it, I'll send a photo.. Angieh, I did look for one of those heat mats that you mentioned but cannot source one here in NZ and the site that you gave me doesn't ship to NZ. I will keep looking as our house is full of huge cracks in the walls and ceilings and is freezing with the colder weather we are getting now.

farthing
19-04-2015, 09:31 AM
We've used some and the cats generally like them, what's not to like for a cat. Soft, comfy and warm!

As you say some of the are too narrow for wider radiators and we have found that if you have a couple of heavier cats leaping onto the beds for fun, they can actually rip the radiator off the walls! This happened in our hallway and 2 years down the line I'm still waiting for mike to fix it!

Phoenix
22-04-2015, 06:15 PM
I don't have a bed that goes over the radiator but I do have one that's designed to fasten to a chair (Mum got it for Tom) but Tom refused to use it and neither Ebony or Tigger are interested in it.