PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Toddle

angieh
11-11-2014, 03:39 PM
Hi folks ......... yes, the "f" key is working again - hurray! Good exercise for the brain though, trying to find ways to say what you want without using words with "f" in them. My usual mainstays like "fabulous" "fantastic" and "folks" were out of use. Clever OH has mended it, although we did think the keyboard might have to be replaced at one point; then he hit the key quite hard and it started to work again. Seems there was quite a bit of Kizzy fur underneath!!

Horrid day here weather-wise; rain and wind and generally miserable. All animals and humans in; fire has been lit. Thinking of trying out the new calligraphy hand this afternoon with the nice pen I borrowed from my tutor last week. Going to try

"O wild West Wind, thou breath of Autumn's being.
Thou, from whose unseen presence the leaves dead
Are driven, like ghosts from an enchanter fleeing."
(Percy Bysshe Shelley)

I can see the picture I'd do too with colours of autumn leaves ............. if only my hand could follow what I have in my brain, I'd be winning!

Hope all have a good day, keep warm and dry if possible. Gentle hugs to poorly pets from me.

Shelley123
11-11-2014, 04:43 PM
afternoon Angie, hope your hand does follow your brain and you create something nice.
Not a lot to say, been to preston but didn't find any treasures today.
Tidied a cupboard, sorted the letters etc out and filed them, now about to take the dogs out.

fecto's mum
11-11-2014, 08:12 PM
Just got back from walking the dogs. Not much done today. Very windy here, not nice to be out and about. Going to Mum's next week for a couple of days. They have just bought a Hereford bull calf, will be taking photos. We think the cows are I calf to the Highland but the Hereford will be used next year hopefully. Love Herefords, very quiet cattle, easy to handle.

We were going to take the dogs to the beach today at Lytham but a bit too windy. Maybe Thursday depending on weather and tide tables.

I see your OH ascribes to the same theory I did when I played pool Angie, 'if in doubt, give it a clout'!