PDA

View Full Version : chocolate éclairs thursday

pamela81
23-10-2014, 10:20 AM
Morning everyone.

It's a wet miserable day here. On the late start today which has allowed me to come into town and do some shopping. Got my friends wee girl who just turned 1 a teddy bear onesie!! Soo cute! Also ordered a musical glitter globe for her too. Her party is on Sunday. Also got most of the family Christmas cards in as the shops tend to have a better selection just now rather than waiting until nearer the time when there's not alot.

Hope everyone is cozy and warm indoors :)

dinky
23-10-2014, 11:25 AM
Hi Pamela and all to follow

Blowing up a bit of a gale here tonight and is likely to be wet tomorrow, but it has been a beautiful day. I've been busy clearing out the front room in preparation for EQC on 3 November. The house is starting to look rather bare and the cats are loving it- discovering heaps of new corners and hidey-holes to explore.

The wee toddler will enjoy her presents on Sunday Pamela. One is a delightful age.My youngest grandchild is also one year old. Good for you getting your xmas cards organised so early.

Hope everyone has a great day. Stay nice and warm.

fecto's mum
23-10-2014, 01:25 PM
Afternoon folks. Not much doing here, about to take the dogs out. Huggins is helping with the typing, thanks Huggins!. His Uncle Fecto is inspecting him at the moment. Fecto's paws are nearly as big as Huggins' head! He has now created an avalanche of newspapers. Hope I can access my pics soon. Good luck with the EQC Dinky, will try and post more pics of Barnaby too. Love glitter globes Angie, bought one for OH a few Christmases ago!

PoshPuss
23-10-2014, 01:40 PM
Wet, miserable day here too ladies :( After I dropped Ceri off at the cafe with his mate I did a bit of shopping/browsing. Went with all good intentions of just buying what I had on my mental list and got distracted by the "seasonal" aisle. Picked up a few cheap stocking fillers for my nieces and some and a pack of charity cards as I'm always stuck for some. I have said no cards this year but I bet I'll cave in again :?

All the cats are hunkered down out of the rain today, just keeping an eye on the 2 stray cats and feeding them up ready for winter. I'm hoping I can get some sort of shelter set up for them this year. I'm not the most practical of people and miss Ceri's expertise in these matters.

Stay warm and dry folks. x

Shelley123
23-10-2014, 03:50 PM
afternoon all.
Cold and grey here today, inside and out,lol. Still onwards and upwards as they say.
Been to work this morning, had a good session with the one child who turned up, then had a mega clean which was much needed.
On tuesday i was very lucky and was able to buy a little vintage bear that i'd seen in the charity shop window about a month ago.
He was part of their window display, i askd if he would eventualy be for sale and was told yes after they had researched him. I left my email for them to contact me.The shop won the competition but didn't contact me. However i found him in their cabinet for sale as well as being listed on ebay. I feel so lucky to have got him and he looks great in my collection.
Nette. glad you enjoyed your shopping, i must admit to enjoying receiving christmas cards and use them as part of my display.
FM, hope the avalanche is cleared up now,lol
Pamela, the birthday gifts sound lovely
Dinky, what is QEC ?

dinky
23-10-2014, 07:44 PM
Shelley, EQC stands for Earthquake Commision. This group is responsible for organising all the quake repairs in Christchurch.I have a scope appointment on 3 November and will have to pack up and leave the house for around 6 months after that. Hopefully it won't be until January/ Feb. next year. Great that you got your wee bear. I recently purchased a Steiff marmot for my Steiff collection.

Shelley123
24-10-2014, 07:31 PM
Shelley, EQC stands for Earthquake Commision. This group is responsible for organising all the quake repairs in Christchurch.I have a scope appointment on 3 November and will have to pack up and leave the house for around 6 months after that. Hopefully it won't be until January/ Feb. next year. Great that you got your wee bear. I recently purchased a Steiff marmot for my Steiff collection.

Ah right Dinky, i see.
Have you got many Steiff animals, i have a small rabbit, white cat on cushion and pom pom fish.
Recently i saw a 1950's kangaroo at a fair, at £250 it was too much for me but lovely nevertheless