PDA

View Full Version : Leafless Wednesday

cats' staff
22-10-2014, 09:23 AM
Well all the leaves blew off yesterday! I hope everyone is OK after the storms. It wasn't too bad here, a couple of interesting squalls which blew rain in through crack in doors etc. The cats decided to stay inside for most of the day- sensible beasts!
I'm off to have my hair cut today- I keep it short as it gets unruly with any length but I do hate going to the hairdressers. I know it is good that they ask all those questions but as they can' transform me into Joanna Lumley ( I always wanted a 'Purdey' cut when I was a teenager) then I just want to look tidy!

Have a good day all.

Shelley123
22-10-2014, 11:28 AM
morning CS, hope your hair cut goes well, i have my neice come to the house to do ours.
Rushy morning getting jobs done as i am off to work this afternoon.

PoshPuss
22-10-2014, 11:49 AM
Good Morning all! :)
Sorry I've been away, we had another session of Pandora going AWOL for 24 hours again! Honestly, that cat will be the death of me. As it was going to be windy and raining full tilt, I decided to take the chicken run down and put the girls in to the coop with lots of fresh straw down. As I was sorting them out a realised Pandora had gone out that morning and didn't worry until the wind picked up. She would usually return and sit on the windowsill waiting to come in, time went on, no signs. All night I couldn't settle, the wind blew, the rain beat down, all the next day the same. My magnolia is bald too now.

Little minx turned up about 6:30 last night, not soaking wet but starving Marvin. She curled up on my bed and didn't want to shift for the rest of the evening and night :shock:

Hope the haircut turns out the way you want it to CS and have a good shift Shelley :) I'm doing house work today, suppose I have to pull my finger out at sometime ;) oh, and put up the chicken fencing again so the girls can have a run out. I haven't forgotten to post a pic of Maud and Mabel just that the pics haven't uploaded to my mac yet.

angieh
22-10-2014, 12:11 PM
Afternoon all .... well it blew here too, strong enough gust yesterday afternoon to blow one of our water butts over but we still have leaves, not so many but even the walnut is hanging on and it is usually the first to go bald.

CS - I had the Purdey cut in my 20s (I'm older than you!) and loved it. Such a fashion icon and I was never that much of a follower. Hope you are happy with your hair cut. I don't much bother now - a nice lady comes and cuts mine about twice a year!! and usually I wear it clipped up and out of the way, I hate hair in my eyes.

Shelley - I hope your work goes OK.

PP - I wonder if Pandy has another home? or do you think she just took shelter somewhere and waited until the weather was better to make her way home. I suppose as she was so hungry that indicates she isn't being fed by someone else. Norty girl, getting you so worried. Our little Pip stayed in all day yesterday which is unusual for him.

It is calm now and hardly a breathe of wind, hope it's the same where you are today. Have a good one.

Shelley123
22-10-2014, 05:58 PM
Nette, i once had a cat who had several other homes that he visited, it was quite funny both homes were close by and i would be driving out of the estate and see him sat on someone elses window sill. Both these families had no pets of there own but seemed to enjoy Corkys visits

pamela81
22-10-2014, 08:51 PM
evening everyone, late check in from me. Was out doing a home check tonight after work for a lovely family. Nothing much to report recently!!