PDA

View Full Version : Miserable Friday

pamela81
04-04-2014, 08:27 AM
Morning everyone. Its a horrible wet day here today. Off work again so meeting a friend for lunch with her wee baby.

Barney still isnt very well either so i have him with me just now and he is just laying in his bed sleeping. He has managed to keep his brekfast of scrambled eggs down but he still has the runs. Going ot take him out for another wee walk and then phone the vet when we come back in to see what they advise!!

Hope everyone is nice and cozy inside an chin tickles to all our furbabies :)

angieh
04-04-2014, 09:40 AM
Morning Pamela. Sorry to hear about the weather, but more importantly, poor Barney. Hope he perks up soon. It's good he's kept his eggs down. Fingers crossed all will be well.

Weather OK here. Gardening man is weeding around the raspberry canes - amazing how quickly weeds grow in any conditions; then he'll tidy up the strawberry bed.

I am running out of vegetable and fruit nuggets for my two dogs, so am going to the farm shop to get supplies and will try and make some myself. I know the ingredients, they have it raw so it's just a case of blitzing it all up and then freezing it. Could be fun!

Have a good day folks.

dinky
04-04-2014, 09:50 AM
Good morning to everyone. Sorry about the weather Pamela. At least you'll have a nice lunch. Hope poor Barney feels better soon. Angieh, those vege and fruit nuggets for your dogs sound great. Do you feed your 2 a raw diet? Willow eats everything raw - beef, green tripe, chicken mince, chicken hearts and chicken necks. Good luck with making your nuggets. Hope everyone has a great Friday, despite the weather. As for me, I've been working all day , had fish and chips for tea and am now off to give Willow a walk before bed.

angieh
04-04-2014, 12:50 PM
Hi dinky - my dogs are sort of half and half - they have kibble for breakfast and raw for supper. I've made the nuggets (need to look for better moulds) and they were easy and much cheaper than buying the ready made frozen variety. Also I have left over berries for my breakfast cereal!

angieh
04-04-2014, 02:36 PM
This is for Fecto's Mum ....... you mentioned on the Wednesday thread:

".............. oh by the way there is an article in this week's Countryman's Weekly about stopping lurchers from chasing cats."

Is there any way you could let me have a copy of the article?

Shelley123
04-04-2014, 04:01 PM
afternoon all.
Sorry to hear Barney still isn't well, hope he is better soon,poor boy.
Angie, i wouldn't mind the recipe for the nuggets if you could.
Been to work this morning and packing for the holiday this afternoon, will try to keep in touch whilst i'm away but you may get some funny posts if i'm using my mobile as it changes words at the last minute.
Tomorrow i am working all day on a volunteer basis. Every year the charity run a rainbow ramble so i am on one of the check points to cheer and hand out water and bananas to the walkers.

angieh
04-04-2014, 04:18 PM
The recipe is simple Shelley - I was aiming for 1 kilo of "stuff": so, 30% swede; 30% peas; 30% carrot; 5% apple; 3% blueberries; 1% spinach; 1% seaweed.

This is the contents of Nature's Menu Vegetable and Fruit nuggets. I substituted a "wild forest" berry mix which included blueberries that they had loose frozen at our local farmshop; I also substituted spring green for spinach and I couldn't find any seaweed, so left that out as it is such a small amount. I may try and source it online for the next batch.

fecto's mum
04-04-2014, 05:02 PM
Angie, I can post you the article when OH has finished with it or Countryman's Weekly is available at newsagents and supermarkets. A suggestion for moulds for nuggets are the plastic moulds out of boxes of biscuits or chocs. We used to use these to freeze colostrum portions for orphan lambs. You can choose the size of the nuggets and they come out of the mould easily. If you can't get hold of a copy of Countryman's I will give you my email address and you can give me your address.

Shelley123
04-04-2014, 05:37 PM
thanks Angie.................

PoshPuss
04-04-2014, 07:40 PM
Oh Pamela, sorry to hear about Barney :( hope he gets better soon.
The weather here's been changeable, best take your brolly with you at all times! So glad that the weather in California is set to be good and fine all the time I'm there :) Only two more sleeps- excited now. :D
Good luck with your doggie diets all, and I thought my cats were fussy :-D

angieh
04-04-2014, 07:55 PM
Thanks FM - apart from local shops, I don't go into supermarkets etc. so that would be great when your OH has finished with it.

fecto's mum
04-04-2014, 09:56 PM
message deleted

fecto's mum
04-04-2014, 10:05 PM
Angie, my email address is not underlined, it just came out like that!

angieh
05-04-2014, 12:35 PM
OK thanks, FM - please remove your email addy now, it's not safe on a public forum! I have copied it, so it is safe. I'll send you my postal.

Don't forget you can use Private Messaging for this sort of thing, which is safe.