PDA

View Full Version : bit cooler Sunday

pamela81
21-07-2013, 09:05 AM
Morning everyone.hope all catsey cats and other pets are well today :D

my darling Harris had me up at 430am running about hyoer. He also woke Barney up which meant walkies at 430am!! Barney now has a favourite toy that he walks about with in his mouth. Not doing a lot today.had barney out for his morning walk but not the woods walk as my mother read me out a news paper story yesterday that spooked me abit. took him to a field and threw stones in the long grass to let him sprin about and get exercise that way.

hope everyone has a locely day :D

angieh
21-07-2013, 11:04 AM
Morning Pamela. It's still hot here, but with a breeze, not too bad. I hesitate to ask about the spooky story in the woods .....

I've been seeing articles about (even in the RSPB magazine) that there may only be 100 purebred Scottish wildcats still in existence. There is a petition online that folks should sign - I'll look it up and put a separate thread. I am not Scottish myself, although I do have Scottish ancestors but this cat is so special and beautiful that it should be protected as much as possible, I've always loved the look of them which is probably why I prefer tabby cats ..... it would be so sad to lose them.

Have found reduced price good vodka, so will be picking raspberries and making some fruit spirit today!

Enjoy your day folks.

Kazz
21-07-2013, 11:16 AM
Morning.

Another dog walker reporting for cat chat here :)
Well Bella and I were out at about 5 this morning.....really its me doing nights then off for a few days but its working out well for Bella early morning walks. :)
Came back home and then had crumpets and marmite along with coffee and a play in the garden with a ragger while I watered the baskets.....have brought a new hosepipe a micro-hose (not sure that's what it is called) but a lot thinner therefore lighter to use - than a normal pipe but uses same fittings. Going to fit one up so it goes down the die of the house then we can connect without trailing hose to the front.
However decided due to the slightly overcast morning to take Bella back out and we had a really nice walk maybe we were both more awake ;) did a nice lap round the park and a 4 legged part of the walking due paddled through the brook then we went a nice road walk about a mile each way. Then home.
So I am off to fit up the hose.
See you all later and Pamela its lovely having a dog to walk isn't it.
What is Barney's favourite toy then, are you going to do tracking play with him? And what story spooked you?

Angie hope you dog show went well.
Alex off to look at your pictures
Moli - more pictures of the pup please and how did you move from bullbreeds to working cockers? turn coat ;)
Mags - How is the garden going?
Elaine - how is G? and the cat dog relationship now?

Kazz
21-07-2013, 11:22 AM
Posted Angie - Just an "excuse me please" here! We went to the Dog Show so weren't around for most of the day and were dogwalloped when we got home. It was overcast at the show, which was a very good thing for us and the dogs as it was pleasant. Entered 4 fun comps but didn't win anything. Had some nice chats to doggy folk and Dora will be getting a new posh collar! Dora was a complete nightmare, she was just so excited (she is after all not 10 months old yet) but Monty was very well behaved and I just had to buy some special treats for him - don't worry Dora will get some too!

Well Angie she is a puppy......all those things to understand and see - touch - smell.
Glad it was a nice day for it. Looking at taking Bella to the Cotswold Athletics day in Sept (depending on my knee) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3o86j30eXw

Its open to all breeds you should see if there is something similar in your area and take Dora....bet she would love it keep her mind occupied. Monty would like it too.

pamela81
21-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Morning.

What is Barney's favourite toy then, are you going to do tracking play with him? And what story spooked you?

Kazz, his favourite toy is a plush toy that looks like a long sausage dog for want of a better description. I have a photo i took of him yesterday with it that i will post so you can see what i mean. The story was 1 of a female taking their dog out in the woods in the morning at 630am and being attacked by someone. Not in this area though. As im here myself just now, i didnt fancy taking him up after my mum telling me that. I took him up last night and told OH where i was going as he isnt here so was told to make sure i had my phone with me for safety. I do hope the dog walker is ok after

Kazz
21-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Blinking heck you don't think do you. You are a lot more relaxed dog walking than you would be walking the street alone.....Hope they are okay too.

angieh
21-07-2013, 11:58 AM
Posted Angie - Just an "excuse me please" here! We went to the Dog Show so weren't around for most of the day and were dogwalloped when we got home. It was overcast at the show, which was a very good thing for us and the dogs as it was pleasant. Entered 4 fun comps but didn't win anything. Had some nice chats to doggy folk and Dora will be getting a new posh collar! Dora was a complete nightmare, she was just so excited (she is after all not 10 months old yet) but Monty was very well behaved and I just had to buy some special treats for him - don't worry Dora will get some too!

Well Angie she is a puppy......all those things to understand and see - touch - smell.
Glad it was a nice day for it. Looking at taking Bella to the Cotswold Athletics day in Sept (depending on my knee) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3o86j30eXw

Its open to all breeds you should see if there is something similar in your area and take Dora....bet she would love it keep her mind occupied. Monty would like it too.

That looks to be a great day and a smashing thing to do with your dog/s. Sadly, Dora isn't old enough yet to do the jumping things. Monty would enjoy them though. Maybe next year. Dora had another try at agility yesterday at the show, with jump poles laid on the ground. The trainer thought she would be excellent but they won't take dogs until they are at least 18 months old, which came as a bit of a shock for us as we thought 1 year old was OK, joint development wise. Monty started at 1 year old, so I pray we haven't caused any problems for his joints.

pamela81
21-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Kazz, also meant to say, i am going ot do agility training with Barney when his recall and obedience is better. We are taking him to a 1-2-1 trainer tomorrow evening who apparently can train any dog on recall in about 20mins!! This should be interesting!! OH is the 1 who wants to do this.

Angie, dog shows are great! we were at 2 last weekend. felt out of place because we didnt have a dog until the sunday afternoon but it was great to see the agility training and obedience

Kazz
21-07-2013, 12:10 PM
That looks to be a great day and a smashing thing to do with your dog/s. Sadly, Dora isn't old enough yet to do the jumping things. Monty would enjoy them though. Maybe next year. Dora had another try at agility yesterday at the show, with jump poles laid on the ground. The trainer thought she would be excellent but they won't take dogs until they are at least 18 months old, which came as a bit of a shock for us as we thought 1 year old was OK, joint development wise. Monty started at 1 year old, so I pray we haven't caused any problems for his joints.
Sure Monty will be fine.......bigger dogs joints you need to be a bit more careful.

PoshPuss
21-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Morning all, having a rest from the sun and fun.

Glad it's cooler here, actually wore my dressing gown this morning when I got up to see to the fur kids!

Having lunch with my parents at home, all quiet here as my Sky HD box is kaput! Engineer can't call until Thursday, so relying on my computer for news etc.

have a nice day with your doggies, you lot are far too energetic for me :lol:

angieh
21-07-2013, 12:19 PM
Sure Monty will be fine.......bigger dogs joints you need to be a bit more careful.

That sounds reasonable. I hope you are right!

Shelley123
21-07-2013, 01:30 PM
afternoon all, everyone sounds very busy.
Today Howard and myself have been married 8 years and i have enjoyed nearly every minute of it.
We've been car booting this morning and took both dogs, they get lots of attention which is good for them. Poor Howard has to work so hard with Kwame when we pass other dogs.
Malaika has learned that if she does a yodel sound she gets a treat. We are trying to get her to do it on command but she won't play ball,lol. She couldn't take her eyes of a man behind us who was eating a beefburger, she kept plonking her bottom on the ground and refusing to walk.
Tuppence has decided she no longer wants to be in the back rooms and so the dogs are having to be shut in the living room.
Her polyp has grown and oozes blood, been advised to try sudocrem on it, she wasn't impressed.