PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday

PoshPuss
10-07-2013, 08:29 AM
Another warm but getting hotter day, making the most of the early mornings to do my chores as it gets oppressive later. Didn't do a thing yesterday, not sleeping well, so all to do today.

Pearla is still on fine fly killing form in the window, Posh doesn't care for this weather and is sleeping through it all in the coolest spots in the house. Pandora is popping in and out and eating on the hop.

The grass is getting long and messy so a job for this evening is planned, have to move the gazebo and table and chairs first. A woman's work....

pamela81
10-07-2013, 08:46 AM
Morning posh. Hope you get your grass all cut :-D my 2 have been enjoying the sun especially Harris. We have our home visit from Springer rescue Scotland tonight to see if we are suitable to rehome a dog. We would love to do this but want to see what the vet says about Harris tomorrow before we commit to a dog.

angieh
10-07-2013, 11:33 AM
Morning PP and Pamela. Yes, another lovely warm one. It's finally warm inside the house as well as outside! No jumper on atm!!!

We had a test at dog training last evening to see which dogs were ready to "go up" to a higher class. I knew that Dora wasn't ready, so there wasn't much pressure on us to do well, but she got 71% and tried which is all I ask of her really. The only thing she failed completely on was the retrieve, but as she said to me "I'm not a Retriever" and I had to remind her that she's getting very good at bringing her ball back to have it thrown again. Don't think she realises it's the same except with a ropey toy as we are not allowed to bring balls into the training room for understandable reasons. She got a yellow rosette and wanted to eat it but I've saved it for her and it's pinned on the board in the kitchen. (We - that is OH, me, Monty and Dora combined) have only got 1 red rosette which was for "Dog Most Like It's Owner" - OH and Monty when Monty was only about 4 months old! So something to aim for.

Our lawn is covered in yellow patches now I'm afraid so I try not to look at it. Sad.

Have a good day folks.

yola
10-07-2013, 10:28 PM
Evening. Lots of garden watering here in anticipation of our travel to Italy on Friday. Tomorrow will be manicure, pedicure, wax :shock: Buying a few extra tops for me and Dom, dropping off cats with my Mum and buying a few food staples for when we arrive at Lake Trasimeno late on Saturday as I'm not sure what'll be open when we get there.