PDA

View Full Version : Fresh start Monday

Kazz
20-05-2013, 09:20 AM
Well as the title says fresh start Monday.

The boiler men are here replacing the boiler (of course they are the boiler men) I have a coffee, white with no sugar man; and a tea,milk and one sugar man. Start as you mean to go on.

Hope everyone has a good day I will update as things move on Mom has gone picked up at 8.30am door to door service they collect and drop back.
Dad is doing a crossword in the living room will Sal and I am in the kitchen chatting to you.

Have fun all.

PoshPuss
20-05-2013, 09:26 AM
Good morning all :)

All quiet here for a while, it was sunny and bright but has clouded over now. The new girls went outside to scamper on the grass and play fight, Posh stayed in and had a good wash. I've put some mats and towels out on the line, so fingers crossed it will not shower anytime soon.

My brother's birthday today so going over to his house later with my mum to hand in our cards and chat to my SIL, as bro will be in work. I expect little Ava will be with her grandma and she loves cats so loves to see 'aunty catty' visit her! :lol:

bye for now x

angieh
20-05-2013, 11:27 AM
Morning Kazz and PP. Hope you don't think I am avoiding you, PP but chose to post on the earliest of the two threads ..... like buses aren't they? Maybe a lovely Mod will amalgamate???

Nasty overcast cold day here again today. It finally did clear through yesterday but only just before it got dark and it's windier today. Dogs are snoozing in the sitting room, OH has an extra golf day today (he doesn't usually play on a Monday but is joining his brother for half a round). I've had my hair cut - my head feels so much lighter and hopefully I won't be trapping my hair under my back in bed for a while. Kizzy and I have an appointment at the vet for annual check and boosters this afternoon. Please don't tell Kizzy - she is dozing peacefully in the cat room just now.

I have to pop to the farmshop and the chemist in a bit.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Shelley123
20-05-2013, 11:59 AM
morning PP, hope you have a nice visit to your brothers.
Spending the day doing a few jobs around the house, washing out but the line broke this morning, i've just knotted it together so heres hoping,lol.

Shelley123
20-05-2013, 12:01 PM
hello Karen and angie, have posted on both dailys,lol
Hope Kizzy goes on well at her appointment.

Kazz
20-05-2013, 12:06 PM
Woops two daily's maybe we will be brought together.

Shelley123
20-05-2013, 12:14 PM
Woops two daily's maybe we will be brought together.

:lol: pretty good going, sometimes we don't get one ;)

angieh
20-05-2013, 12:26 PM
That's what I meant about buses Shelley :lol:

PoshPuss
20-05-2013, 12:42 PM
Hope the Mods will help us 'untangle' ;)

PoshPuss
20-05-2013, 12:47 PM
Ah great minds think alike, we must have been posting together! :D

I'll keep quiet about the vet visit for Kizzy, hope she is still asleep. My three have all settled down, each to their own cosy corner. Having lunch watching Chelsea Flower show, which is so pretty and I marvel at their skill.

Off to see SIL later, picking up mum on route. How did the crossword go Kazz?

Kazz
20-05-2013, 02:24 PM
Well we have been joined. :)
Angie sure the V. E. T. visit will be good I mean you can't improve on purr-fection can you ;)
I am just sitting here while the boiler men are in action did have a third boiler man for a while think he heard about the tea ;) and arrived he was a coffee white 1 sugar.

It is all going well I think but they are back tomorrow anyhow as we are having the system flushed through/cleaned and then inhibitor whatever that is put in had a big hole drilled through the wall as the flue is different and having a remote control/portable programmable room thermostat fitted too. Apparently with the flush etc you cannot fit a boiler in a day its a day + a bit job.

P.P. I was planning on watching the Chelsea show too but had a caller but I am baffled by the question about a crossword what have I typed I ask myself? I do not do crosswords.

My caller was a man here to measure up for the new back door - awaiting quote now. Another person to come.

Shelley - your washing line could have been the cause of this tangle you tied it up and we were tangled on here - yes I know a bit of an X File'ish connection.;)

angieh
20-05-2013, 04:01 PM
I quite like crossword puzzles but often get frustrated if I can't do a clue - don't like the cryptic ones!

We are back from the VET - Kizzy has a clean bill of health and got a kiss from the vet! She was very good in the clinic but did have "after effects" on the journey home. Still all in all, a good result.

yola
20-05-2013, 04:45 PM
Afternoon! A 'Monday' sort of day; nondescript and overcast. Setting up broadband and electricity supply for my Mum as she moves in 10 days as well as browsing for cars. We desperately need 2 cars so I'm on the hunt for another 4X4 again. Old habits die hard :roll:

Work could be busier but Mondays do tend to be on the slow side. Here's hoping tomorrow picks up a bit.

Shelley123
20-05-2013, 08:46 PM
Angie, glad Kizzy went on ok at the vets.
Karen, always a good idea to ply workmen with brews,lol
Washing line has held out, hurray

PoshPuss
20-05-2013, 09:08 PM
Sorry Kazz it was your Dad doing the crossword :D

A sunny afternoon for us made all the more pleasant by sitting in SIL's new conservatory. The car thermometer reached 21C - lovely x

Kazz
20-05-2013, 10:23 PM
Well new boiler installed and the wireless programmable room thermostat is brilliant. Have had a play and to be honest we never really used the timer on the old boiler we just turned rad up and down as individuals not a central heating system rather stand alone rads. :( :( so this is a new thing going to play over the next few days.

Kazz
20-05-2013, 10:25 PM
Afternoon! A 'Monday' sort of day; nondescript and overcast. Setting up broadband and electricity supply for my Mum as she moves in 10 days as well as browsing for cars. We desperately need 2 cars so I'm on the hunt for another 4X4 again. Old habits die hard :roll:

Work could be busier but Mondays do tend to be on the slow side. Here's hoping tomorrow picks up a bit.

Is your Mom looking forward to the move? Hope the rest of the week is bedlam for you work wise.:-D

Kazz
20-05-2013, 10:25 PM
Sorry Kazz it was your Dad doing the crossword :D

A sunny afternoon for us made all the more pleasant by sitting in SIL's new conservatory. The car thermometer reached 21C - lovely x

What a lovely day.