PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday mid-week today

angieh
15-05-2013, 02:28 PM
Hi everyone! Another grey cold spring day here with scattered showers. We are grateful that we bought the dogs a couple of nice drying coats that we put on them in the car to ward off the cold! Thought we were buying at the wrong time, but not the case!

I steamed the kitchen floor this morning and told my OH if I complain about being cold, he should tell me to go and steam a floor - works but may not be a welcome idea in the evening. We are still lighting the log burner in the evenings, so do manage to get toasty.

Ah well, onwards and upwards as they say. Hope all are well today? Sorry to read about your knee Kazz - not that I understand which bit is damaged and how did it happen??? Hope you get sorted with a consultant appointment very soon.

Take care folks, warming cuddles to Catsey cats from me :D :D :D

Kazz
15-05-2013, 02:59 PM
Afternoon Angie.. Yes I agree about buying at the wrong time because I brought a pair thermal socks and everyone laughed its summer round the corner well all I can say is its a long corner. :)
Glad the dogs were warm and dry, and you have a new hobby steaming the floor ;)
And I have no idea how I did my knee I know it was bad when I was at school. I went one way and my knee went the other when I was playing hockey however its really bad now no idea what I have done since....when I see the consultant I will.

PoshPuss
15-05-2013, 07:20 PM
Hi Angie and Kazz, and all.

Well, it's been sunny here most of the day today, with the odd dark cloud and downpour. Saw some snow on the Brecon beacons though when we travelled to Merthyr for mam to get her new glasses. She needed reactolight lenses ready for the summer, if we ever get one, but we saw them in action when we stepped out into bright light. It's a keen wind though!

Ouch, that torn meniscus sounds a problem Kazz, do you use a knee support? or a stick? hope you are not waiting too long for the consult and surgery, if warranted- but probably it sounds like :(

All cats are behaving here, Pearla still quite kittenish at times, likes chasing bits of paper, she's so cute! Pandora is happy to explore the great outdoors but doesn't go far and returns to her home comforts and Posh just knows where her bread is buttered :lol:

Kazz
15-05-2013, 11:02 PM
Have now resorted to 4 elastic support bandages (sort you get from the chemist/supermarket) Nope to the stick.

Velvet
15-05-2013, 11:51 PM
Just caught the Wednesday thread before it slipped into Thursday

My flu hasn't left me yet so spoke to doctor who invited me in for check up. The sore tongue I have is ulcers all over the underside of it and under my lower top lip, my throat is as impressive as it feels and the not so good news is it is a virus not the flu and it can last up to four weeks or more. The strange thing is one person in the family could have it a d yet no one else in the family will take it

Sorry to hear of your knee Kazz hope you get it sorted soon.