PDA

View Full Version : Saturday sunshine

Shelley123
04-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Afternoon all, as the title suggests it's quite sunny here.
Been out and about carbooting this morning and managed to find a child sized 60's doll in original clothing at a bargain price. I also found a lovely hen for eggs, it's white with eternal bow pattern on. Also brought home a little cat ornament that i realy didn't need but it has such a cute face,lol.
This afternoon i am hosting a dolly day at our house, sort of a swop meet.

angieh
04-05-2013, 12:47 PM
Hi all ....... it's cloudy and breezy here today and a lot cooler than last week, just as forecast seems it will be getting warmer as the w/end wears on and the forecast for Monday is delicious!

OH had to take our Dora to the vet last Wednesday as she has had sore eyes which we had been treating with the old cold teabag but it would clear and then come back, so she has drops now and her eyes look a lot better. Anyway, she got weighed and is now 16.25kg!!! She's still only around 8 months old. Lovely natured girl, very cuddly still but if I have my legs up on the reclining chair, she can cover me from neck to toes!!! :lol:

Must see if I can get those photos downloaded from the camera so I can show my lovely tulips this year.

Nothing else to report - hope everyone has a very lovely May Day weekend.

angieh
04-05-2013, 12:48 PM
Hi Shelley - you got there first so hopefully a Mod can amalgamate?

Love the sound of the hen ...... need a photo I think and the cat too. Hope your dolly day goes well.

Shelley123
04-05-2013, 12:59 PM
will take pics and post tomorrow Angie, have also got some pics of tuppence to post

pamela81
04-05-2013, 01:00 PM
afternoon Shelley and Angie

shelley sounds like you have a lovely day ahead of you.
angie, I havent reaf the other daily yet but I hope you and all fur babies are having a great day .

We were out early today to get the bikes and cycle them back to ours. Nice wee 4mile cycle to start the day. got them washed when we got them back. Heading to Mil as we are staying there tonight because we are dog ditting for a ehile tomorrow.

PoshPuss
04-05-2013, 01:00 PM
Hi Shelley and Angie and everyone!
I managed a quick dash over to the retail park, picked up a gift card for my SIL's birthday, and popped into TKMaxx, now it's one of those shops where I don't find anything to my liking half the time but today it was as if things were just waiting for me- shoes, handbag, belt & 2 nighties- did really well! :)

It was raining here first thing but has warmed up nicely and although still cloudy, much brighter.

Looking forward to seeing the tulips Angie and Shelley, you HAVE to give a cute cat a home ;)

Kazz
04-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Can't see a Mod adding them together so I did it myself.
From Angie
Hi all ....... it's cloudy and breezy here today and a lot cooler than last week, just as forecast seems it will be getting warmer as the w/end wears on and the forecast for Monday is delicious!

OH had to take our Dora to the vet last Wednesday as she has had sore eyes which we had been treating with the old cold teabag but it would clear and then come back, so she has drops now and her eyes look a lot better. Anyway, she got weighed and is now 16.25kg!!! She's still only around 8 months old. Lovely natured girl, very cuddly still but if I have my legs up on the reclining chair, she can cover me from neck to toes!!! :lol:

Must see if I can get those photos downloaded from the camera so I can show my lovely tulips this year.

Nothing else to report - hope everyone has a very lovely May Day weekend.

Kazz
04-05-2013, 06:54 PM
Well afternoon all.

Had a few hours sleep and now awake. My tulips in the front are causing a few heads to turn will take some more pictures tomorrow. And the Acers are now more in leaf.

So tomorrow can be tulip and cat ornament posting day. :)

Shelley - what a good find I have to ask I found my childhood doll in the loft the other week she is still she is about a child sized doll. I called her Susan will try to get her down when I am up cleaning it out next weekend. And if you could tell me what she would have worn if anything?
She is I think minus a finger (brother cut it off from memory I think when he got Action men - they held her hostage) I do recall being upset. I may actually I think bring her down get her dressed set her up in the little bedroom. She is big enough to have worn a childs sized Spanish dress (you know things they brought back in the 70's (70'@s) from Spain)
Pamela - hope you enjoyed your bike ride.
P.P I am with you on TKMax I never find any bargains but others seem to maybe my idea of a bargain is not what I am finding. Glad you did.
Angie so pleased Dora's eyes are a lot better any idea what it is?

Angie

angieh
04-05-2013, 11:28 PM
Thanks Kazz, and Mod too!

Vet thinks conjunctivitis - hopefully that's all it is.