PDA

View Full Version : bored monday

Shelley123
18-03-2013, 11:37 AM
Im bored because Im sat for two hours at the garage waiting for the car to be serviced. Quiz 8.30 tonight if we get enough players.

Kazz
18-03-2013, 12:29 PM
Morning everyone.

Shelley I hope to be around tonight for the quiz.I could try and be bored but doubt I will be :)

Monday to me is day off that follows a night off Whoppee!!!

Back to work tomorrow night- still DIYing here, for no reason other than I enjoy it and it needs it in places. So this coming weekend the plan is first to finish papering the upstairs loo the painting etc is already done; have my new bed delivered well jumping the gun slightly I have to pay for it today first then orgainise delivery for this weekend, move the single bed into the newly decorated little bedroom (which was previously an office rubbish room) then get the "old" double round to the salvage (may do that today and use the single now thats a plan ;)

Then move down into the kitchen and continue in there where I need to replace the kitchen taps they leak and I can't stop it now....the dripping is driving me to distraction. So this coming weekend its DIY here - new taps fitted and then finish off with the last few kitchen cabinet doors fit the new plinth and strips and fix the worktop down where I altered the layout.

Then onward and upward to the garden - always a pleasure never a chore http://www.dogsey.com/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif to me anyhow.

Oh yes also getting a man or to in to quote for a rear porch/downstairs loo to be built from scratch. Which I will then take great pleasure decorating/tiling etc.

Have a good day all and Shelley enjoy sitting at the garage. You have been there an hour now from your first post so almost there. :)

Right off out now to bed hunt.

angieh
18-03-2013, 01:11 PM
Morning Shelley, Kazz and those to follow.

Grey, drizzly, chilly day here. OH and dogs got muddy and wet again.

I was getting on well with Dora-proofing the kitchen worktops, but something must have gone awry because my dish scourer/sponge has disappeared! Bet that's ended up in a certain dog's gut. Need to give everything a good clean now as we are expecting delivery of a new combination microwave/oven later in the week. Not big enough to fit Dora in btw. She's in my bad books atm as she will not give up persecuting Pip and if I pick him up to get him out of the way, she goes for his legs and tail as I am not tall enough to hold him out of her reach. I shout and holla at him and does OH come running to help???? Not a bit of it. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - both in my bad books. I got wound up and of course then can't breathe.

I will hopefully be at the quiz later - my computer start up is still dreadful but I haven't heard yet whether the computer chap wants us to take it back to his workshop. I'll be there if I possibly can, if I vanish it is because I'm sans computer.

Have a good day folks.

cats' staff
18-03-2013, 02:33 PM
Poor Pip! Has he given Dora a good swipe yet? That may help.
Kazz, your DIY exploits leave me breathless! Shelley, I hope that you have escaped the garage?
I'm bored because it is the last couple of weeks of the financial year and I am trying to balance 5 budgets........ bleagh!

Shelley123
18-03-2013, 03:23 PM
escaped from the garage now but had to ring them when i got home as i was exasperated.
Whilst there they were initialy unaware that i was paying for the deluxe service plan, then someone else came to talk to me and offered a mini valet for £9.50, again already paid for. Then they gave me advice saying the car would need a new cambelt in 15 months, two new tyres as they were wearing uneaven, brake fluid change in a year, the air con doing in a year, why tell me know. He offered to do some of the jobs now, again why ? When i got home and checked the list, the mechanic had ticked that he was unable to check the tyre in the boot as it was full. There was a dog crate in and as i pointed out on the phone i was sat for two hours and would gladly of lifted the crate out for him if i'd been asked. Not happy , maybe this is what it's like when you get a brand new car, i don't know.
Sorry rant over :)
Angie, sorry you are still having problems with you're computer and also Dora :(
Karen you make me feel tired just listening to what you are going to do,lol
CS hope you have managed to balance you're budgets.

pamela81
18-03-2013, 03:31 PM
afternoon everyone, just popped on whilst im at work. I wont make the quiz tonight as im meeting an old friend in town for dinner and a couple of drinks as im off tomorrow,

It sounds liek everyone has been busy though today so far :)

Hope you get enough players for the quiz shelley, will drop in if i get home early enough.

Shelley123
18-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Have a lovely evening Pamela :)