PDA

View Full Version : Damp Tuesday

angieh
29-01-2013, 11:08 AM
Morning folks! I hope everyone is safe this morning and not been blown away. The wind has dropped here for the moment, and the fences are still standing.

OH is out with the dogs and I am doing bits of laundry and housework, in between drying off wet cats .... they still want to go out, especially Pip who came in about 5 minutes ago and it took 4 sheets of kitchen towel to get the worst off. Silly boy, but I think he does it just because he likes being rubbed dry.

Thanks for the quiz last night Pamela - some good Qs, I enjoyed it although I did not do very well!

Have a good day peeps.

yola
29-01-2013, 12:19 PM
Sorry I missed the quiz . . . was helping Dominik with some revision for his tests and then helped OH prime the newly-installed kitchen door.

Today I feel like rubbish. OH did the school run and I didn't get up until gone 8. Have dragged my carcass into the office but feel very wobbly, sick and shakey. Still, stuff to do so here I am :roll:

angieh
29-01-2013, 12:23 PM
Sorry you are feeling poorly Yola - could it have anything to do with the paint you used on the door???

Kazz
29-01-2013, 01:59 PM
Morning all sorry to say had issues with the computer last night and sky went out too I imagine it was the wind....all seems good now.

Hope it went okay.

Morning all.

Angie good chance he does like being rubbed dry Oz used to adore it...like a massage.
Yola sorry you are feeling rough.....

Shelley123
29-01-2013, 02:59 PM
afternoon all
sorry you are feeling ill Yola, there is some sort of sickness bug going around, my parents have it.
Yes the quiz was realy enjoyable last night as always, it's good to have a chat too :)
Been to the carboot this morning, i found an antique glass dome and a vintage Tressy leaflet.

Elaine
29-01-2013, 04:01 PM
Afternoon all
Weather not too bad here for this time of year tbh. Almost all the snow has gone, leaving alot of mud behind but what else can we expect.
Started a new dog today, a wee pug and she is a sweetheart. She was a wee bit nervous to start with, mostly about the van which is not uncommon. I out her in beside Harvey, my big chocolate lab' as he is so good with all the little dogs. When we got to the field she sort stuck with him when she felt unsure, he's like a big uncle.
Got a huge shock when I went to see to the persians. They live in a town house which is up for sale and had two viewings yesterday. When I walked in through the front door, there was a trail of trampled dog **** from the back door and all up the stairs and through the rest of the house:shock: , the kitchen cupboards and drawers were all open:shock: , I thought she'd had a break in, went to the other rooms and couldnt see anything out of the ordinary other than the dog crap foot prints. I am shocked and disgusted that people would have such a lack of respect when viewing some ones property. I took photos and cleaned up as best I could as well as informed the owner because I dont want it to fall back on me or my business.
On an up note though, Sabrina, who hates me with a passion actually allowed me to pick her up and I managed to clean one eye before she squirmed away, hissing and spitting. I guess she now see's me as a lesser evil in comparison to the intruding, muck spreading house viewer:lol:
That's all she wrote..................

yola
29-01-2013, 04:06 PM
Sorry you are feeling poorly Yola - could it have anything to do with the paint you used on the door???

I don't think so Angie; more to do with hormones and the early signs of 'the change' :( Happens every few months. The paint we use BTW, is almost odourless (Farrow & Ball), otherwise that might have been a contributory factor.

Feeling much better now that I've had a couple of bottles of fizzy water and a pain killer.

Shelley123
29-01-2013, 05:51 PM
Elaine, how horrible, lucky you cleaned it up for them. I wouldn't trust people viewing my house if i was away, i'd be concerned if they let the cats out.
Having a bad day now, i've discovered that i've been a numpty and bought tickets for a tribute band instead of fleetwood mac.
I kept hearing that fleetwood mac are going to announce dates soon and began to ask myself how come i'd bought tickets for 6th march :O
It's not 100 % obvious on ticketmaster ( well it wasn't to me anyway ), i've emailed to see if i can cancel and use the money to buy tickets for the real FM but i'm not holding my breath.

angieh
29-01-2013, 09:08 PM
Sorry you feel you've been let down Shelley - I went to see a Queen tribute band once and they were so good, I've been back to see them another x2! Obviously no-one can compare to Freddie, but the music was brilliant!