PDA

View Full Version : Tired Thursday

Kazz
20-12-2012, 08:57 AM
Thats me not the day. But off to bed shortly so see you all later nothing planned but bit browing, sleep, shower, dinner work.

Hope your day is good whatever is happening.

yola
20-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Me too. Kept getting woken by the dreaded cough. Have just dropped car off for an MOT and walked back with the boys in the pouring rain. Not sure what to do now, might catch up on a bit of reading practice with Sebi or maybe we'll have a game of scrabble.

angieh
20-12-2012, 11:15 AM
Morning or Good Night Kazz - sleep well my dear. Morning everyone else!

Sad news from me - OH's mum had a stroke yesterday late afternoon and we went to A&E where she was admitted. They don't do anything proactive with stroke victims over 80 (Ma is 91) so nature will take it's course. The doctor was surprisingly easy to talk to, and my OH had a good chat to him and is feeling reassured that they will make his mum as comfortable as possible. She may be discharged to the nursing home depending on tests being done this morning - OH will phone when he gets back from walking Monty.

We have a bit of a problem with our computer mouse, so hopefully we can find a spare in the "cables and mice" box but if I vanish that will probably be the reason.

Shelley - I am intrigued by the Zen walk and amazed you found a Red Admiral at this time of the year. I think some do hibernate over winter, don't they?

Have a good day all - I expect there is a lot of hurried Ark building going on around the country.

angieh
20-12-2012, 11:16 AM
Morning Yola - sorry about the cough, it's lousy having bad nights - I've been suffering from that for years now it seems but not due to coughing.

cats' staff
20-12-2012, 12:02 PM
Sorry to hear about your MIL Angie- I'm glad that the Doctor was reassuring.
Hope your cough improves soon Yola! Hi Kazz, have a good day (night?).
I'm doing an unplanned work at home day as we are a bit trapped by floods! No danger to our house but of the two roads out of the village one has been closed by the police and the other didn't look safe for me to try in a Micra so I took the advice we always hear and decided not to even try, came back home, made a coffee and cancelled the only meeting I had. I think that fact that we are on saturated clay soil means that the water simply has nowhere to go and any dip in the road is filling up. I may spend my Christmas building an ark........

Kazz
20-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Evening all.

Angie so sorry to hear about your MIL - my sympathies to you and Mr Angie.
And I would buy another mouse. Let Pip and Kizzy have the reluctant one ;)

Yola I am sorry to hear you are still rough, coughs are irritaiting you only remember when you get another one.
Have a restful day.

C.S
Good luck with the ark I have a feeling you will join the queue of ark builder looking for animals..... ;) Have a good day, you are lucky you can wok from home. But I would have taken the advice better to be home than part of a problem to rescue services.

Have a good night all and don't forget the quiz tomorrow the only thing about the rain is we could have a captive audience :)

pamela81
20-12-2012, 07:01 PM
Evening everyone,

Angie, sorry to hear about you MIL.
Kazz, hope you had a good sleep
Yola, sorry to hear you still have you cough
CS thats not good about the floods but glad your house is ok

Ive just been working today then shops after work for food shop and a wee couple of extra bits for OH. Just relaxing tonight. Been feeling alot better the last couple of days so hopefully whatever wee bug i had is away now.

Hope everyone has a lovely evening. Im also able to play the quiz on friday :)

Shelley123
20-12-2012, 08:43 PM
evening all, Angie sorry to hear you're news, doesn't everything happen around Christmas. Hope things go ok for you all.
Re the red admiral, i'm pretty sure it is one although Howard keeps telling me it's a moth. I've taken a picture so may get round to posting it. I released it this afternoon but perhaps i should have left it indoors ? I thought butterflys only lived a day and didn't want it to waste it's life.
The zen walk is practiced by buddist monks to empty the mind before meditation. You clasp one fist in the other hand in front of you and walk as softly as possible heel toe in a circle, apparently the monks practice on rice paper. We all circled a group of candles and christmas greenery, it was realy nice and peaceful and does seem to empty the mind.
Yola, hope your cough is better soon
Pamela glad you're feeling better
CS good that you were able to work at home
Karen, i'l be at the quiz tomorrow
Been to work today, then a hair trim.
We are entertaining Chris's friend tonight.