PDA

View Full Version : Monday

Shelley123
30-07-2012, 08:48 AM
Morning everyone.dry here at the moment, not sure what will happen weather wise :lol:
Yesterday we had a day out, starting with a small car boot sale.nothing doll related but I did manage to find some nice glass perfume bottles and some pottery.one of the bottles is about 6" high and made from chunky blue glass, it's very heavy,not sure what perfume has been in it, answers on a postcard please;)
We then went to portpatrick ans spent an enjoyable few hour wandering around.
Not sure what we are doing today, will check in later to catch up with you all......

angieh
30-07-2012, 09:04 AM
Morning Shelley - it's quite nice here, much cooler but dry and blue sky with little fluffy clouds!

Something else we both like, perfume bottles! I don't have any, but like them. Years ago I went to the Fragonard perfumery just outside Nice - they have a wonderful exhibition of old perfume bottles. Works of art in many cases. Like the sound of your chunky blue glass one. What shape is it?

I am expecting transcription work this morning, and may actually have something to do this week! OH is out with Monty in a short while. Breakfast for me I think.

Have a good day everyone.

Shelley123
30-07-2012, 10:51 AM
Morning Angie, it's sunny here on and off, every time I went out to eat breakfast on the decking, the sun went in.
The perfume bottle has a bottom bit that reminds me of a bowling ball, it has moulded lines going around it, it then has a neck and the stopper which reminds me of the antique chemists bottles. The stopper has a perfume dropper in it otherwise there's now way I would have thought perfume, it's terrifically heavy, certainly not the handbag version;)
The beach was lovely this morning and Malaika did her customers hunting for pebbles thrown into the stream.

MrsH
30-07-2012, 04:40 PM
I'm a bit late today! We had Mr Virgin Media here today bringing with him our new Tivo box, I hope it's as good as its hype! Morgan was very good while he was here, usually the dog goes potty, making excited noises and leaping about. However today he settled reasonably quietly in the kitchen behind a baby gate, is he finally growing up?

A lovely day here, bright and breezy, washing dried nicely in the garden. A proper Monday washday!

cats' staff
30-07-2012, 08:24 PM
Hi all, not a bad day here- a few showers but I managed to duck them! London was busy but not too bad. I'm about to pack as I'm off to Swindon and the Bristol tomorrow. I'm trying to travel light so I don't have to trundle a case through London but can just have it all on my back!

angieh
30-07-2012, 08:31 PM
We had to have our Sky box replaced - and the engineer came out last Thursday. We can't get Virgin Media here, but have upgraded to Sky+ so at least we can record something and watch something else.

CS - whereabouts do you have to go in Swindon? It's huge nowadays, I remember it a long time ago as my dad's family settled in the area, probably during my great-gfs life as I believe they were agricultural workers before then. A bit of a mystery, that side of the family.

lynz85
30-07-2012, 08:34 PM
evening all, been mostly bright here with the odd bout of sunshine.

well, i've only went and fractured a bone at my elbow! :( slipped on friday night and had a trip to a&e on sat morning for xrays. back at the fracture clinic today, its not a bad fracture so i just have it in a sling and to go back in 3 weeks. its my right arm as well, so struggling to do things like i'd normally be fine with!

angieh
30-07-2012, 08:55 PM
Goodness Lynz - how did you manage to slip over? That must hurt.

lynz85
30-07-2012, 09:04 PM
angie i slipped on some juice spilt on my living room floor!! everyone keeps asking was i drunk, they dont believe me when i say no, i dont drink!! it was sore at the time and i had about no movement in my arm, its eased up a bit now but i cant fully bend or straighten my arm and i cant turn my hand round!

angieh
30-07-2012, 09:11 PM
I hope those kitties are being good and keeping you comfortable?

MrsH
30-07-2012, 09:23 PM
evening all, been mostly bright here with the odd bout of sunshine.

well, i've only went and fractured a bone at my elbow! :( slipped on friday night and had a trip to a&e on sat morning for xrays. back at the fracture clinic today, its not a bad fracture so i just have it in a sling and to go back in 3 weeks. its my right arm as well, so struggling to do things like i'd normally be fine with!

Ow, Ow, Ow :( that sounds so painful. If that was me I'd be lost, hopeless without the use of my right arm.

Hope you'll soon be much better!

pamela81
30-07-2012, 09:32 PM
evening everyone :) hope you all had a good day :) Lynz glad the elbow has eased up a bit although i didn't get a text today lol ive got my sisters 2 kids tonight as im off tomorrow

lynz85
30-07-2012, 09:32 PM
thanks, you should have seen my trying to wash and dry my hair this morning!!

cats' staff
30-07-2012, 10:02 PM
Ow Lynz, sounds painful! Hope it mends soon.

Angie, our head office is very near the station in Swindon, in some of the old railway buildings. Convenient but not pretty.