PDA

View Full Version : suzuki vitara saturday

pamela81
14-07-2012, 08:37 AM
Morning everyone. Its wet and miserable here just now. We are doggy sitting mil 2 german shephards and 8 chickens this weekend. I get my new glasses today so looking forward to that as im going to wear them more instead of my contacts

Hope everyone has a good day :)

Kazz
14-07-2012, 09:25 AM
Morning Pamela, and those to follow - that have not been washed away.

Tomorrow is St Swithins day.......DAH DAH DAH (meant to be forboding music ;)) as legend or folk lore goes if it rains on StSwithins day it will rain for 40 days and if its dry it will be dry for 40 days.....

Anyhow here it is wet and bleak......I want Summer!!!!

Pamela does that mean fresh eggs, and dog walks in the rain?

Not sure what I am going to do but part of it weather or not means a bike ride. I am going to use it more.
Sal has been out but limping sure its just a touch of rhumatisum or arthritis. Staffs are prone to it.

Did anyone watch the tv programmes - When I get older - and then The town that never retired......interesting programmes all I see with the future idea of people working into their 70's - what do you all think scary? looking forward to it.
I can see that stopping work and doing nothing could be boring and that voluntary work may not be for everyone and that a good % of those people will need an income on top of whatever pension that they may have then. With the cloosure of a lot of final salary pension schemes......causing people to rething their retirement.
A friend of mine from work has retired and now wonders how she found time to work...but she has always been "busy" family/pets/gardening/allotment/friends. She manages.
Whereas another aquaintance has the same outlook yet she finds she needs to work as she cannnot manage money wise.

See a debate for a Saturday.........

Anyhow off for my bike ride. See you all later

cats' staff
14-07-2012, 09:55 AM
Morning all, well it has rained so much here in the Midlands that the Festival of History has been cancelled! I am just waiting to hear when they want me on site to clear the tent of make and take activities tha we set up yesterday.
We had torrential rain overnight and apparently there is 2 foot of water in places so I suspect I'm about to get very wet and muddy.
Kazz, at the moment retirement sounds great !

Shelley123
14-07-2012, 11:51 AM
morning everyone
Pamela hope you enjoy looking after the dogs and chickens
Karen, hope Sal is ok. I don't agree with the retirement age being highered. I don't want to work until i drop,lol.
In fact i would retire now if i could, in the past my work was a lot more important to me than it is now.
I don't think people should be forced to retire either if they are still capable of doing their job. Each case is different.
Been carbooting this morning, found 3 books and a spare cat bed for Jerry.
Just remembered i'm in the middle of sweeping the floors, i realy shouldn't go near the laptop,lol..............................

MrsH
14-07-2012, 03:17 PM
Back in town after a week at the Cornish seaside, guess what - it rained! Whole week was a washout, there was some rain everyday and Thursday in particular was 'orrible, very heavy rain non-stop, all day and evening so we just stayed in the cottage and read. On the bright side there was very little competition for space to play on the beach :lol: so Morgy Chops had a nice time anyway.

All plans for pub gardens, cream teas, ice-cream etc have been put on hold till next year!

Collecting the cats tomorrow morning, can't wait to hear those purrs again :-D

Jeanette
14-07-2012, 05:34 PM
Aaw poor Sal, hope she'll feel better soon.

I'm okay about loosing the job, it would mean being away from Luna 10-10½ hours every day, so I would have to move or find a dogwalker (not easy here)

Moneywise its sad, but hey, I'll do fine.. Somehow, I'll manage. I always do, somehow.

Its been a weird weather here. sunny, then cloudy, rain and a bit of thunder, now the sun is shining again.

But it sounds like its a gloomy summer all around Europe this year:mad:

cats' staff
14-07-2012, 06:15 PM
Sorry about your holiday Mrs H. Jeanette, the right job will be there for you- sorry you had a disappointment with this one.
Hope you had a good bike ride Kazz.
I spent the day wading around in mud and water retrieving our kit and making sure soggy reenactors were OK. Please, please, please could it stop raining sometime soon?

Shelley123
14-07-2012, 07:02 PM
Sorry your holiday was a washout MrsH, get yourself some scones , jam and cream and have your cream tea at home.
I'm not bragging but it has been very nice and sunny here in the Preston area.
Managed to finish sweeping the floors after i got distracted with catsey this morning, then did some gardening and finished washing my friends flood damaged dolls.
Took my youngest son to buy himself an ipad

Kazz
14-07-2012, 07:55 PM
I had a feeling your holiday was going to sort of bum out MrsH one of the chaps at work came home from Devon.....another actually braved it out on the IOW.

Anyhow J the right job will turn up, maybe you should take up dog walking.....if that is lacking in your area.

An IPad Shelley tell him I am jealous. I was playing with one in Argos today, it does call to me but could I justify it cost/usage wise? I have the laptop.

The bike ride was good I am thinking of getting a basket to put on the front then I will really look like Margaret Rutherford in that film....Blithe Spirit :)

Meet a Staffie pup today and I tell you the more I think about it and write the odd list the dog I keep coming back to is the SBT....maybe I am a lifelong addict. ;)

Shelley123
14-07-2012, 08:57 PM
sounds like your a bit broody for a staffie pup to me Karen,lol
I do wish Angie would come on, i'm feeling a little concerned

cats' staff
14-07-2012, 09:12 PM
Yes Shelley- I was just checking when Angie was last On! Hope she just has a cold and is back posting soon.

Shelley123
14-07-2012, 09:14 PM
she was last on wednesday during the day and she said she didn't feel too well. Hopefuly she will be better soon and back on.

Jeanette
15-07-2012, 07:55 PM
Anyhow J the right job will turn up, maybe you should take up dog walking.....if that is lacking in your area.

Meet a Staffie pup today and I tell you the more I think about it and write the odd list the dog I keep coming back to is the SBT....maybe I am a lifelong addict. ;)
I don't think people around here would be interested. Or enough people anyway. I have been thinking about it, many many times:D

Oh isn't there a saying: Once a staffy, always a staffy:D

Kazz
15-07-2012, 11:46 PM
I don't think people around here would be interested. Or enough people anyway. I have been thinking about it, many many times:D

Oh isn't there a saying: Once a staffy, always a staffy:D
If there isn't there should be