PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Friday

Kazz
23-03-2012, 09:09 AM
Well I am back have been in hospital since Tuesday - pain in right side they have said its what they now call chronic (they used to call it rumbling) appendix so have to wait till it kicks off again if it does and go straight away and get a ultrasound to confirm it......:roll: ....all I know is it was pain. They think this was started by what is being called spasms in my large bowel (nice eh) which appear to have caused or be being caused by a twisted in the bowel or a kink....I prefer kinky bowel.:-D

Anyhow came out last night, now armed with codeine paracetamol and antibiotics....

So here I am hoping that

No1 that the pain does not come back.
No2 if the pain does come back it is appendix
No3 I can get an answer to the pain if it does reoccur I meet a couple of people in there who had similar issues and stared like mine and still have no answer apparently the "bowel" is a complex beast, :shock: :? :roll:

So here I am the day before the anniversary feeling poorly....Aghhhhhhh.

So here I am...........

Mags
23-03-2012, 10:04 AM
Gosh Kazz, and there was me thinking you were on nights this week!:?

Sorry to hear you've been suffering this pain, stomach ache is bad at the best of times but for you to complain it must have been unbearable :( I sincerely hope it is 'just' a rumbling appendix and there are no more reoccurrences.

Plenty of rest now .......no attempting to do the marathon tasks that you always set yourself ;) I'm hoping the codeine paracetamol and antibiotics with do their job for you now.

Take care x

Jeanette
23-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Ouch:(

I was wondering where you were:(

I hope the pain stays away. Atleast untill after your anniversary

Kazz
23-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Thanks all. Going to try and alternative I have had a bit of a look up on google and spoke to a few people so going to try the great medical treatment of "doing nothing"

angieh
23-03-2012, 12:29 PM
Oh ouch and double-ouch Kazz. I can offer some comfort if it was grumbling appendix which I had aged about 15 - I was in hospital for a few days, it subsided and I have NEVER HAD A RECURRENCE - I hope the same goes for you. But it was jolly painful. My mum thought I was "putting it on"!

Lovely lovely day here - off to West Wittering beach for a doggie walk this afternoon with friends, a Westie, two French Bulldogs, an Alaskan Malamut and Monty Bogle!

Hope all have a good day.

MrsH
23-03-2012, 06:57 PM
Ouch Kazz, hope that naughty appendix settles down and like Angie's gives you no further trouble.

Have been having a bit of a frustrating time here today, I've been crocheting a pair of booties in the style of Converse trainers. I'm doing them newborn size, the sole is just over 8 centimetres so they're rather fiddly. I've just finished, tied in all the ends, made little laces etc. and noticed that one is slightly larger than the other! Arrgh! :smt022
I suppose my tension must have been a bit off or maybe I absent-mindedly picked up the wrong size hook :roll: Anyway I'll have to make another and throw the odd one away. I'm pretty sure our DIL isn't expecting Jake the Peg so won't need 3 booties :lol:

Only 8 weeks to go and then I'll be a granny! can hardly wait :-D (baby's a boy by the way, not sure if I've already mentioned)

Shelley123
23-03-2012, 07:21 PM
Karen, i'm so sorry to hear you have been in hospital and do hope the problem doesn't return. Take it easy and look after yourself. Coincidently my cousins daughter has just been in hospital for the same thing and has left with no clear diagnosis, paracetamol and codeine. Can you take codeine, several people i know just cannot take it.
MrsH, how exciting, bet you can't wait for your grandson to arrive. I'd keep the spare trainer, you could hang it in your car or something.
Angie, hope you enjoyed your doggy walk.
Hi Mags and Jeanette.
I had a lovely meal with my cousins last night, lots of reminiecencing (sp) and talk about our pets, best thing was Mr Nocturnal Jerry came running to meet my car when i arrived home.
It was another PJ day at work to raise money as part of sleep week. I borrowed my neighbours Tiger onesies

Moli
23-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Sorry to hear you have been in pain Kazz, I too thought you were on night.Hope the pain does not return........

angieh
23-03-2012, 09:34 PM
We had a lovely walk around East Head - and were joined by another lady with her two CKCSs, so 7 dogs in all. Before our friends joined us, poor Monty got completely overwhelmed by a female boxer, he went into the submissive posture and she just jumped on top of him. Monty wouldn't leave his master's side after that until the other dogs joined him and he had a bit of back-up.

But a lovely walk - very low tide and it was still 2 hours off being low tide, suppose because of the Equinox.

cats' staff
23-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Ow, hope you feel much better soon Kazz! Luckily when my appendix flared up age 11 the answer was to take it out pronto.
Busy couple of days for me running a meeting of a Teachers' Forum here
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff346/pippapls/3e4d5d1c.jpg

I do get to work in some great places! Glad to be home now though.
(PS Dover Castle if you were wondering)

lynz85
23-03-2012, 11:07 PM
ouch kazz, hope it settles down soon and you have a nice day tomorrow!
shelley, hope jerry's anti-biotics kick in soon!

working today, so most of the day away. rather dull with quite a chilly wind here today. mums first week down at the caravan so i have the grumple jungle cat and ty dog! hoping the lighter nights and him to walk will get me out a bit!