PDA

View Full Version : Countdown Saturday

Kazz
17-12-2011, 09:57 AM
Morning all.

Well here we are countdown into Christmas 2011. This year has flown by I think and with a week to go it really takes off now.

Had a fantastic meal out last night good company, good food and a really nice setting an old fashioned pub with open fires Christmas tree's too.:-D :-D :-D A good start to my Christmas week.

Tree going up today and some Christmas shopping to do.

Have a good day everyone.

Squirrel
17-12-2011, 10:01 AM
Hi Kazz... Hope the shopping and tree-putting-up goes well...

Right now plans here are jst to stay in, and do a few jobs. Am wondering about going over to see parents for a little, as I won't be going over on Monday - but need to check with them first to make sure they are in, and fit for it!

Have a good day all. :)

Elaine
17-12-2011, 10:32 AM
Morning all. Freezing here, heating packed in last night, waiting for an engineeer to come fix it at some point today.
Made all the animals sleep under the duvet with me last night, whether they wanted to or not.
Hope every one else is good. xxx

angieh
17-12-2011, 10:46 AM
Morning all! Frosty start here. OMG Elaine - do hope that the engineer calls soon and gets things going again.

I've more urgent work today so OH has gone out on his own with Monty - I've not made even one walk this week due to either the weather or work. Thought I'd done my cards but one arrived yesterday from someone I missed! Tut tut.

Onwards and upwards as they say - I'm no good at hills.

pamela81
17-12-2011, 12:02 PM
Morning everyone,

Kazz sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you put the tree up.
Squirrel, enjoy your chill out day
Elaine, hope you heat up and get your heating fixed
Angie Hope you have a nice day and get all y our work done

Im heading to Glencoe today to do some photography as its really nice this time of year up there with the snow and there are alot of deer aswell. Off to the edinburgh museum and market tomorrow so a busy weekend.

Hope you all stay safe and warm xx

Squirrel
17-12-2011, 12:08 PM
Hello again all...

I'm now safely at parents, so goodness knows what the day will hold. Dad said it could well be an in and out day when we chatted on the phone (he's not home quite yet) and Mum has said that my brother may join us in the evening for a little...

Elaine - lack of heating does Not sound good. Hope that issue improves some soon.

Angie - hope that the work goes well for you, and you get through it swiftly enough.

Pamela - enjoy the days out! You're a bit all over the place this weekend!

dandysmom
17-12-2011, 04:44 PM
Hi everyone! Back to chilly; it's nearing 10:45 AM and only 2℃ (37℉), but a wind chill of minus 1℃. Heavy cloud cover, no snow in the forecast, thank God! All's quiet, just out for grass; lazy afternoon with paper and crossword, work a bit of needlepoint.

Pamela, look forward to the pics. Kazz, sounds like a lovely dinner; and look forward to your tree pics. Elaine, that's horrible about the heat, hope it's fixed ASAP! Will Graham be back for Christmas? Squirrel, hope your brother makes it for a family night. Angie, LOL, I wasn't very good at hills even before I got emphysema!

Take care, people, stay warm and dry. The solstice is coming as well as Christmas and it'll start slowly getting lighter!

Elaine
17-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Heating fixed and by the most miserable gas engineer I have ever met, but hey we are all cozy now.
G wont be back till the 30th.

dandysmom
17-12-2011, 05:30 PM
Good about the heat. At least G is warm for Christmas.

angieh
17-12-2011, 05:44 PM
Hope you have thawed out now too Elaine.

pamela81
17-12-2011, 11:53 PM
Glad to hear the heating is fixed Elaine

Took some photos from glencoe and have posted in another thread

Squirrel
18-12-2011, 10:19 AM
Sounds like everyone had a reasonable day yest. :)

In the end we went to Edinburgh to see my brother Eileen, then I returned to Mum and Dads with them, they fed me, and I left pretty well at once - was almost 9 by the time I was home...