PDA

View Full Version : santa monday

pamela81
12-12-2011, 11:45 AM
Morning everyone, i was thinking that a christmas theme for the thread might be nice.

Im enjoying a relaxing morning so far but just getting ready to head to work. We didnt take Skye to ther vets as she stopped sneezing and seemed alot better. We have worked out though that she started sneezing when we started giving her treats from her calender and we hadnt gave her any for a while and the sneezing has stopped. We think she is allergic to the catnip treats in teh calender!!!

Hope you all have a nice day will check in when i finish work

Hugs to all our catsey cats xx

Shelley123
12-12-2011, 02:34 PM
afternoon Pamela and all to follow. I like your idea for a christmas themed daily, why not.
I'm pleased Skye is better, that's good news.
Busy today writing cards and posting off the ones that need it, apparently today is the busiest day fo the post office.
Going to wrap some pressies too
Need to trim the dogs claws as they have grown quite a bit

angieh
12-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Hi Pamela, Hi Shelley. Yes, you are right about the Post Office - I queued for about 20 mins at our little local one in the Co-op to buy my stamps. At least now I'm all sorted and have no excuses not to get down to writing them!!!

It has been bright and chilly here this morning, but is already clouding over and the temperature is dropping. Another jumper will have to go on soon. I think I've heard OH lighting the log burner. I think I heard that more bad weather is forecast tonight/tomorrow.

Have a good day folks!

dandysmom
12-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Hi Pamela, Shelley and Angie, those to follow. Sun is trying to come out on what's been a cloudy and cold morning so far. A bit past 10:30 AM and only 2℃ (37℉); officially below freezing again last night but the impatiens are still blooming ... very odd! All's quiet, just down for grass.

Pamela, I like the Christmas theme also; and it sounds as if you've nailed the reason for Skye's sneezing. Good detective work! :D Shelley, are dogs easier to claw-clip than cats; I'd think so. Angie, I was surprised at the stamp queueing, can't you order your stamps on line? I do, it saves a trip to the P.O.

Take care, stay warm!

Squirrel
12-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Hi all... I'm home from work, and thinking longingly of nap times... Oh well then - can't tonight as I'll need to head to parents soon and then guides. Least I get fed at the first stop - and the guides are stopping for the holidays after this! :)

It's good hearing you've discovered why Skye was sneezing Pamela - sure that's a relief. :)

Stamps? I tend to buy them at a supermarket!

Hope that everyone has a good day, despite the cold weather. Maybe it's just as well I bought a snow shovel when I saw some as I was wandering round the supermarket today!

dandysmom
12-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Hi Squirrel! Good to hear you got that snow shovel! :mrgreen: WE can get stamps at the supermarket too, but as I don't get out much with my breathing problem it's simpler to order them on line and the Post Office mails them to me.

Shelley123
12-12-2011, 06:16 PM
I went to post some extra parcels this afternoon and the system was down so unable to send untill half an hour ago. I'm glad i've done it though, now i can tick it off in my mind ;)
Katy, i bet your looking foward to the break from guides, a break is good sometimes. We will be having a break from work, day centre and swimming lessons soon.
Eileen, i don't like trimming the dogs claws as i'm a bit squeamish about things like that. It takes two of us, one to hold the dog and feed the head end whilst the other person does the trimming. They both have light coloured claws and we do it in daylight so we can see the quick.