PDA

View Full Version : Frosty Tuesday here!

angieh
06-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Frost again here this morning, but from the weather reports on the radio, I understand it's bad in Scotland and Northern England again today. I hope all Catseyers are safe and warm.

OH went out with Monty (or should I now call him Shaun the Sheep?) for an early walk as it's a golf day today. Dog training this evening, so non-stop for OH today and he also says he has a runny nose (OK -TMI!)

I must clean the bathroom when he goes and really start making some progress with the Christmas cards, even if it's just checking through the list and making sure I have enough cards!

Have a good day everyone, stay safe!

MrsH
06-12-2011, 12:25 PM
Morning Angie, I've not been out yet but Mr H says it's jolly nippy here too! Yesterday afternoon we bought the tree and it's now sitting in a bucket of water in the garden until we bring it indoors the weekend before Christmas, I think OH warmed up a bit sawing a couple of inches off the bottom!

First cards arrived this morning so that's a sign that we should start writing ours, I'll have to get the man to go up into the loft to get the Christmas boxes down and see how many cards we need to buy this year or if we have enough left from last year, we don't seem to send so many these days.

I'm spending a lot of my time crocheting baby blankets, then pulling them out and redoing them as I find fault with what I've done, OH says I'm too much of a perfectionist!

Shelley123
06-12-2011, 12:57 PM
morning Angie, MrsH and all to follow, probably by the time i post this it will be afternoon, just ;)
What a busy day Monty has ahead of him.
MrsH where do the baby blankets go ?
Last night Malaika bit through a christmas light, i went very briefly to start the bath running, heard a pop and discovered a hole in one of the new glass berry lights. Consequently i have moved everything further up the tree, looks daft but should keep all safe, including the delinquent dogs.
Work this afternoon, will check back in later.......

angieh
06-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Shelley - did you miss MrsH's news?
http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=40254&highlight=baby

dandysmom
06-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Hi all. Gloomy weather: a bit after 10:30 AM and drizzle, 15℃ (59℉), very unseasonable, but pleasant. Managed to get out between drizzle spells for Leia's grass. Finally buckled down and did cards yesterday. MrsH, the list does get shorter every year, I had another death since last Christmas. :-( Sad. All's quiet today. Sunset is at 4:45 today, this is the lowest, and will start upward nearing the Solstice! :D

Shelley, it's a wonder Malaika didn't cut her lip biting that bulb. What a blessing that the string of lights doesn't all go dead when one bulb is out, the way they used to. MrsH, are you doing bootees too? They're quicker! :mrgreen: Angie, sending be good vibes to the boy!

Hope our Scottish friends are OK; everyone stay warm!.

Squirrel
06-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Hello all...

Not long in from work. Had a reasonable day, and I've booked tomorrow off as AL!!! :) Mind, it's a busy day - seeing friend to go shopping in the AM, picking up script from the Dr's, going through to Leuchars area to visit other friends... Thurs I've work, late finish in Cupar due to training, and then off to meet someone in St Andrews to chat with her about working in Social Work as a favour to one of the people in SSS I know... Will get there for about 5:30pm I think. Quieter day on Fri though I think!

It is still cold here - but I seem to have escaped extra snow in favour of frost. still around 10oC in the house when I got in. Ah well then!

Have a good day all! :)

Shelley123
06-12-2011, 05:41 PM
Shelley - did you miss MrsH's news?
http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=40254&highlight=baby

thanks Angie, don't know how i missed the good news

dandysmom
06-12-2011, 05:45 PM
thanks Angie, don't know how i missed the good news

It may have been when you were away!

pamela81
06-12-2011, 10:02 PM
evening everyone, not long in been a busy day. Skye still sneezing but hopefully the vet should shed some light on it. Hopefully she sleeps tonight as im needing a sleep aswell after being up every 2hours with her!

Snow still here but its stopped for now so hopefully that stays away!