PDA

View Full Version : Marigold Monday

angieh
21-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Afternoon all!

I've been for a fasting bloodtest this morning - they took an armful - always makes me think of the Tony Hancock sketch "The Blood Donor" - probably not too many members here will remember???

Came home, had breakfast and went out for our walk with Monty Bogle. The weather was quite nippy this morning although we've not had the dreadful fog that's bought airports to a standstill, so I put on an extra jumper. About half way round the walk, the sun came out and off came the gloves - but that's as far as I got! Was warm when I got back to the car though.

Looking at my Suttons catalogue and wondering what to grow next year ....... may start a thread.

I do hope that those who are feeling under the weather for whatever reason feel a bit better today.

Hope you all have a good day. Italian meatballs for supper - giving some thought to the sauce!

dandysmom
21-11-2011, 04:38 PM
Hi Angie, those to follow! It was very foggy here too this morning, but it's starting to burn off now; still delightfully unseasonable. Nearing 10:45 A M and already 18℃ (64℉), not quite warm enough to open the windows for some fresh air, though. Rain overnight, not much. Waiting for my grocery delivery that should have been here yesterday. I like an arribiata sauce and spaghetti with my Italian meatballs .... or in a meatball sub. Yum!

Hope all are well and having a good day; chin tickles to all the Catsey cats. :D

MrsH
21-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Hi all, we've been having awful Broadband problems the last few days with the signal cutting in and out resulting in lost connections all the time, so infuriating. Thought I'd better post something while I can, I think I've managed about 2 posts in the last 5 days!

Thursday was flu jab day, typically hubby had no reaction to his whereas my arm went all red, swollen, hard and sore :( it's still a bit red and swollen but no longer sore, why do I get this reaction and he doesn't? it was the same last year and the one before :( I wonder if my immune-reducing medication is responsible? unfortunately I have to take the meds for my RA.

Foggy here too, nippy and Novemberish, chilly dog walk today, cats all snuggled up and sharing a basket. I think I might be changing the Summer weight duvet soon for a warmer one!

Angie - "It might be just a smear to you mate but it's life and death to some poor blighter" (or words to that effect!)

Squirrel
21-11-2011, 04:54 PM
Hello all...

Not long in the door from work... think am quite glad I was at work today - seem to be getting a whole new roof and there's a lot of banging going on.

Poor cloud being stuck with it all day!!!

Hope all goes well for everyone!

Shelley123
21-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Hello everyone,
still doom and gloom here i'm afraid and that's me not the weather ;)
Still struggling with my eldest son and trying to help sort his life out. Have to say my brains are scrambled and my stomach in knots but he's gone home now.

PoshPuss
21-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Hello ladies :)

Well what a dark and gloomy day here today, constant drizzle and the lights have stayed on in the kitchen all day.

All quiet here, just pottered around indoors sorting through drawers to get rid of junk, where does it all come from. Threw out stacks of greetings cards I'd kept from my 50th and our silver wedding and get well cards for Ceri. Had a quick read through of some and them put them in the recycling sack.

Have got 2 pics of my sister's cats so will post up in a mo.
Posh has been sleepy and hungry today, so nibbling at small portions every time she wakes up.

Have a nice warm and comfy evening everyone. x

pamela81
21-11-2011, 08:24 PM
evening everyone, late check in for me, been out christmas shopping all day. Got just about all of my christmas presents in except the 2 mums so quite a productive day. Also got the room finished yesterday so its been a great couple of days :)