PDA

View Full Version : Tonkinese Thursday

dandysmom
20-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Hi people! Beautifully sunny here a bit after 10:30 am, but quite chilly: 12℃ (54℉) but very blustery, 32 mph gust recorded so far this morning. Needed a jacket out picking grass. Only thing on the agenda today is a booze run with Chris this afternoon.
soup for dinner.

So, what is everyone else up to?

Shelley123
20-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Hello eileen, i've been to work this morning and it went well.Back home and had my hair trimmed, think i'll start packing this afternoon and then catch up with some Larkrise to Candleford.

Squirrel
20-10-2011, 04:07 PM
Hi Eileen, Shelley...

Over here? Not long home from work, going to spend the evening in Edinburgh with a friend, so will be out fairly soon... Having a snack of soup before I go to tide me over - it'll be after 6 before I get into Ed, and then still have to meet my friend and get to her place before we start cooking, so it could be fairly late before we actually eat...

Cloud cuddling into my side right now wee lamb. :)

Weather wise? Cold and frosty (thick frost!!!) start to the day here, cold wind, and now the sun has gone and we have cloud cover. Not too sure what it will be like tomorrow, though the atmosphere in general got warmer as the could came in...

angieh
20-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Hi all! Well, we did have a frost last night and it has been chilly today - guess we're just not used to it yet. Log burner is lit and I've been reading by the fire.

Eileen - hope you get your booze - important! Shelley, hope your journey goes well and you've packed the woolly clothes! Squirrel - I hope you have a good night out in Edinburgh with your friend.

No more to report today. Italian meatballs and pasta for supper - looking forward to that, need something warming!

Shelley123
20-10-2011, 05:47 PM
finished packing the clothes, yes Angiw i've packed lots of jumpers, even a hat, gloves and scarf. Last time it was still tee shirts :(
Off out this evening with my 3 cousins, we are going to a country pub for a meal and a catch up.

dandysmom
20-10-2011, 07:04 PM
Angie, do you make your own Italian meatballs? I normally prefer homemade for most things, but can never get them as firmly packed and spiced as nicely as the bought ones. I use Mama Lucia's.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/8517_142214504906_142214009906_2470828_4718229_n.j pg

angieh
20-10-2011, 08:29 PM
Don't those look good? I buy mine from Tesco's! They really are scrummy IMO.

truthisouthere
20-10-2011, 08:39 PM
..The vegi ones are cool too :)

Chunky home made root veg hot pot for dinner this evening, along with a nice crusty roll and a glass of red wine to warm me up after a day in the garden clearing the pond (at last!).. Scrummykins.. :)

pamela81
20-10-2011, 09:03 PM
evening everyone. Not long in from my mums as it was her birthday. Had an ok day at work. Busy as always but loads of times between calls which was good :)

dandysmom
20-10-2011, 09:24 PM
Don't those look good? I buy mine from Tesco's! They really are scrummy IMO.

They are! Been using them for years when I discovered how much better they really were than mine .... :D

Squirrel
20-10-2011, 11:48 PM
Hi all... Back from Ed. Wee bit of a fuss with the trains, when I found out unexpectedly that I needed to change (or wait until after 11pm to catch one...) on the train the ticket man told me I needed to change elsewhere (mostly sensible, cause all the fife trains pass through that particular station, and the one I was supposed to go to was tiny, didn't have taxi's, would have fewer trains passing through in the right direction, and was further away from parents should I need a bail out). Got out there, and found that if I wished to wait an hour then I could get the next train home... Being that it was 10:40 at that time I decided a wee phone call to parents wouldn't go amiss. Not that I was overly concerned about a lift home, but I didn't want to wait an hour in a station without them knowing!!! And Dad took the executive decision to come pick me up.

So, he dropped me off, and I've found out what train I should have got on (if I'd got off Dundee train where I should have done, I could have got on the Perth to Edinburgh train which would then have taken me home...). But if the connection had failed, or that train cancelled...

So a bit of a stressful journey home, following a lovely catch up with my friend. Somehow I think it may be a wee while before I'm ready to sleep!!! Oh well, Cloud having a bit of a mad half hour, so she's not ready for bed either! :)

Tink
21-10-2011, 12:14 AM
Packing like a madwoman today...busy, busy!!
Just taking a break for a late lunch.....:D

dandysmom
21-10-2011, 01:30 AM
When is moving day, Tink?