PDA

View Full Version : Tabby Thursday

dandysmom
29-09-2011, 03:37 PM
Hi all; here I am again with the late Daily! Hope all are well out there....
The sun is shining at last, the damp air is finally moving; it's a coolish 20 C (68 F) and will drop further, but so nice to see sun for a welcome change. We did get enough rain overnight to make it actually 8"! That;s a lot of rain. All's quiet, forgot to take the camera for greenhouse pic, will do tomorrow.

Take care, people.......:D

angieh
29-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Hi Eileen - glad to hear your weather is perking up a bit. It's been absolutely glorious here today. OH is playing golf and I've been outside reading my book this afternoon - with my sunhat on! I heard on the radio that it is the hottest end to September since 1895! Meant to be continuing until Sunday.

Hope everyone is making the most of it!

Edited to say 8 inches of rain? In one night? Bloomin'eck!

MrsH
29-09-2011, 05:32 PM
It's so lovely, lots of sun and warmth :-D

Things in the garden are getting very bewildering though, neighbour's magnolia is flowering and we've got confused ceanothus and weigela both with some flowers for the 2nd time this year! Weird or what? OH has been outside scarifying the lawn and he says there are loads of honey bees buzzing around the sedums so all is well in our little world :D Glad your rain's stopped now DM.

I'm having another go at the filing after a few month's rest, spurred into action by yet another letter from Teachers' Pensions wanting me to fill in yet another declaration of resumed employment as the school hasn't forwarded the last one I completed. School says they did so maybe the problem is at county level, I don't know but it's a real pain when all I did was to do a favour for my former school! Such a cack-handed organisation! Yah Boo to Teachers' Pensions :evil: Anyway, I'm enjoying pruning our old paperwork while OH is busy in the garden, he must think we're the National Archives the stuff he keeps :lol:

Edit to add... Ooh! I'm annoyed now, just had one of those cheating, lying, deceitful oiks on the phone pretending they're from Microsoft and offering maintenance to fix my (non-existant) problems with my computer! Such a scam, do people still fall for this one?

dandysmom
29-09-2011, 06:02 PM
Angie, no the 8" wasn't last night, that's the total so far for September: normal as of today is 3.46".

MrsH, sorry the paperwork is such a nuisance; I assume you can't file it on line? I hate those scammers; what a soul-destroying sort of job that must be!

Squirrel
29-09-2011, 06:04 PM
Hi all...

Mrs H, that's annoying. Mind, I think the one time it happened to me that the guy was rather surprised that I heard what he thought was wrong and I responded with 'no thank you'. Seems he must have had a hearing problem...

a 'cool' 20oC Eileen? That's pretty warm in my book!!!

Sounds like a nice day where you are too Angie.

I actually had stuff to do today!!! Not for the whole day I admit, but at least until lunchtime... Off tomorrow, which will be nice! :)

dandysmom
29-09-2011, 06:59 PM
Squirrel,our average high has dropped, but it's still 24 C, and frequently higher, so 20 feels coolish. Enjoy the day off tomorrow.

Squirrel
29-09-2011, 08:24 PM
OK I can follow... Just as soon as it heats 20 or so I'm prone to over heating and wanting to sleep without covers at night... Not helped by the fact that the office takes a little sun and causes us all to boil when it's frosty out, so when it's actually warm out there...

And I'm sure I'll enjoy my day off thanks. :)

Shelley123
29-09-2011, 08:47 PM
evening everyone, glorious day here.
Had work this morning, then home to do a bit of gardening, ended up feeling very headachy and sick, soon rectified with a short lie down. Been to the chinese babquet tonight,lovely.
Had a nice long weekend away in Scotland, took our eldest son with us and we all managed to have a good time, which is always good ;)

dandysmom
29-09-2011, 09:25 PM
I think it's so nice you're enjoying your Scottish home so much! Will you continue going when the weather worsens, Shelley?

Shelley123
29-09-2011, 10:02 PM
we are hopeing to continue using the van in winter if possible. It has double glazing and central heating. The site is only shut for one month in February. we are looking foward to spending new year up there.
I have always wanted to live by the sea

dandysmom
29-09-2011, 10:13 PM
It sounds a bit brisk for this warm weather lover! A very different way to see in the New Year, will you have a first footer, do you think?

Shelley123
30-09-2011, 05:05 PM
I love warm weather too, Eileen. If i had a choice i would like it to be hot and sunny all the time.
Up at the van we will enjoy whatever weather comes, it's quite cosy in a caravan watching a rough sea.
It will be realy special to go on the beach new years eve, it's also Malaika's birthday.
Howard is the first footer being the darkest haired person, i give him a little bag with a piece of coal, Bread, money and a black cat ornament.