PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Fold Sunday

angieh
25-09-2011, 01:16 PM
Hi all! Another good day here - just having a cup of coffee after taking Monty out. I have some good photos of a couple of fungi which I will post on another thread - I am having trouble with identifying them though, so will be asking for help!

We are having a roast chicken tonight, fingers crossed, with trimmings - a special treat and cold chicken for sandwiches next week!

Have a good day peeps!

Kazz
25-09-2011, 01:43 PM
Afternoon all

Not done anything to speak of this morning just normal housework etc, need to top up some food shopping but not a rush. Manyana................ ;)

Angie am I imagining it or did you say something about a possibly another dog joining the family? I like roast chicken with trimmings. We are having roast pork the last from the freezer need to get more and beef too. I buy nice size joints and divide them into smaller ones, weekends and weekday sizes.

Anyhow speak to you all later. Take care oh weather update it is raining here quite heavily too.
z

Squirrel
25-09-2011, 01:55 PM
Hello both...

Quiet day today - fine by me, I've been out from 8am until some point after 9pm the last couple of days. Admittedly with an hour to an hour and a half of that being at parents house, but still, loooooong days! Good fun ones though.

Hope all goes well with everyone. :)

angieh
25-09-2011, 02:39 PM
Kazz - we are thinking about having another dog, but it won't be until Monty is 2 ish - so at least 18 months to go. Atm, I have fallen in love with a Welsh Terrier!

Kazz
25-09-2011, 02:50 PM
I think they are a vunerable native breed aren't they? they remind me of Airedales but think thats the coat colour alone.

The only two I have meet have been fiesty to say the least........

angieh
25-09-2011, 03:16 PM
Yes, certainly vulnerable. Have to say I've only met the one and she was a very good poppet. The breed description on the breed website sounds very good, but then they would say that wouldn't they? They do look like little Airedales, but I believe their ancestry is different.

Hopefully I will see an owner again next week and find out a bit more! She has been bought for agility training. Rare down here in the south.

dandysmom
25-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Hi all. Gloomy cloudy weather is hanging tough; the persistent low won't move! Cloud bank all up and down the East coast; it's nearing 10:30 am and only 22 C (72 F); it would be nice to see some sun for a change. We've had 8.36" rain this month ... enough, already!

I love that about a roast chicken ...... sandwiches later! :D Your pork sounds good too, Kazz, trout, cauliflower and potatoes rissole here tonight. Enjoy the quiet day, Squirrel.

Smile..... none of us were hit by falling satellite debris! :mrgreen:

angieh
25-09-2011, 06:45 PM
Hi Eileen ... that's a lot of rain for you folks, isn't it?

Yes - they were certainly hyping that satellite falling - does anyone know where it did come down?

pamela81
25-09-2011, 07:05 PM
evening everyone,

Angie a new dog sounds exciting!!!
Kazz, hope you enjoyed your dinner
Squirrel, sounds like you have been busy!!
Eileen, we have miserable weather here aswell

We went shopping today for food as we had nothing in. Came home and we have completely moved our livingroom about and put the smaller of the 2 fishtanks into our hallway which looks really nice. Also got our suite in the corner now and the livingroom looks so much more open now and bigger. The monsters seem to like it aswell which is good :) laos got the big scratchpost positioned better sand its not taking over our livingroom now!!

hoep you all have a lovely evening x

dandysmom
25-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Hi Eileen ... that's a lot of rain for you folks, isn't it?

Yes - they were certainly hyping that satellite falling - does anyone know where it did come down?

I heard most in the Pacific off the Canadian coast, and some bits inland in uninhabited territory ........

cats' staff
25-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Hello all, busy cleaning as my parents will be staying to cat sit when we go on holiday later this week. I don't spring clean- I holiday clean!
I'm also moving some raised beds from the allotment to the garden as I'm admitting defeat. I will never manage a heavy clay allotment, it is uneven (corner of a ploughed field) and can only be dug for about three weeks of the year. I'm sure someone else can make better use of the land and I can grow quite a bit in some raised beds and pots. I must admit I'm a bit disappointed but it preys on my mind and will be one less thing to worry about.