PDA

View Full Version : Payne's Grey Wednesday

angieh
07-09-2011, 10:47 AM
Very grey here too, but not raining just yet, wind has abated a bit. OH is out with Monty, I am catching up on a bit of vacuuming and will do some transcription later. I am sorry to say that Autumn has definitely arrived, it has that feeling in the air and, although the trees have been on the change for a while now, some probably as reaction to the earlier dry weather, I am afraid to say that leaves are beginning to drop now. The walnut tree in our garden in still looking good though and is usually the first tree to "go". I am keeping a close eye on it. Those damned s*******s will be after the nuts soon enough.

I do hope that the quiz will be able to run this evening - I am still having computer problems and we may not have enough players, but fingers crossed. I still have 2 Qs to find! :roll:

Take care peeps.

Shelley123
07-09-2011, 11:05 AM
morning Angie and all to follow.
pleased to say it's quite sunny here today, we're not having Autumn yet ;)
Having my hair streaked and trimmed at the moment so sat here with a flourescent rubber cap on my head.
Hoping we can go ahead with the quiz tonight.

dandysmom
07-09-2011, 03:31 PM
Hi Angie, Shelley! The East coast is still blanketed in rain from Lee; it's drizzling now at about 10:30 am with heavier rain later; we got almost 2" yesterday. A tad warmer, 19 C (66 F), but gloomy nonetheless.

Angie kindly sent me her Qs for this evening's quiz, but it's a Word document which I don't know how to open; will hunt up some of my own, but I suspect we won't have enough players ... ah well, will see at 8:15 tonight.

Hope all are well, staying dry and had no damage from yesterday's gale!

Shelley123
07-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Hi Elieen,
bit wet and wild here now,Brrrrrr.
Have got the dogs walked and done a bit of training with Kwame.
Re the word document, does it not open if you click on it ?

dandysmom
07-09-2011, 04:09 PM
Yes, but the computer asks what I want to do with it, and I don't understand the options, afraid to try any of them! :oops:

If I forwarded you the e-mail could you open it and then resend to me in plain English?

Shelley123
07-09-2011, 04:36 PM
I can give it a go Eileen, but maybe there will only be us two as Angie will be offline and Pamela isn't able to be here.
What do you think ?

dandysmom
07-09-2011, 04:41 PM
Truthfully, I suspect it's going to be a no-go tonight; lynz might make it, but two players aren't much fun. I'm inclined to wait till next week, but will go along with whatever you want to do.

Shelley123
07-09-2011, 04:44 PM
I think we should wait untill next week then Eileen, shall we put a note on Angies thread ?

dandysmom
07-09-2011, 04:47 PM
Yes, that's a good place for it. Want me to do it?

Shelley123
07-09-2011, 04:49 PM
yes please Eileen

MrsH
07-09-2011, 05:12 PM
Spent a happy hour or so today giving the Dysons a bit of a service, washing the filters, brushing out loose dust where I could and clearing the brush bar of a huge amount of hair. No wonder the vacuum cleaner seemed to leave a bit of a whiff in its wake!

Other than that just the usual pottering around and dog walking, breezy and at times the odd light shower but nothing too bad.

Looking forward to seeing Emilia Fox in "Who do you think you are" tonight at 9pm.

lynz85
07-09-2011, 07:13 PM
hey all! so is the quiz postponed til next week then? i was gonna say i didnt know if i'd be able to stay for the whole thing as my laptop screen has been majorly playing up!!

another one with computer problems!

dandysmom
07-09-2011, 07:31 PM
Yes, lynz, looks as if we'd have had only have two players, and maybe not you, who I was counting! So next week. Hope you get your computer working properly! :D

And my Yahoo mail isn't working properly, keep getting a message that they're experiencing temporary difficulty loading the page, and to try again later. Been trying for almost two hours....:roll:

Velvet
07-09-2011, 08:09 PM
The one night I remember, it's off :)

Shelley123
07-09-2011, 08:21 PM
that's a shame, Helen. Hopefully next week ??

dandysmom
07-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Sorry, Helen! I guessed wrong this time:oops: Want me to send you a PM reminder next week?

Yahoo mail is finally up! Took them long enough.

Kim
08-09-2011, 09:17 AM
Went to my daughters's graduation yesterday at Lincoln Cathedral, one very proud mum! :) She did her degree in Animal Welfare and Management.

dandysmom
08-09-2011, 03:37 PM
Congratulations to your daughter, Kim! You should be a proud Mum! :D

Mags
08-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Many congratulations to your daughter, Kim! :)