PDA

View Full Version : Bounty Thursday

PoshPuss
28-07-2011, 11:56 AM
.... a taste of Paradise... for a change :D

Went out last night on the spur of the moment to my nephew's musical production of Disco Inferno. A theatrical musical based around music of the 70's. Some daft story of a bloke selling his soul to the devil for the chance of popstar fame, but nice to sing along with old songs and the costumes were a blast from the past!

Another nice day but very humid in the car, have all the doors open here at home. Ceri up the day hospital, I'm looking after Tom. Good to hear Monty behaved himself in puppy class yesterday Angie ;) CS, my guess is Castle Howard for the old house?

angieh
28-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Afternoon PP! Where has the morning gone? Been busy and time flies. Just had the pest exterminator to spray the wasp nest just by our front door - we won't be able to use that door until tomorrow morning at the earliest. The wasps are angry. Nice man, said wasps are particularly poisonous this year and last - he knew of 4 deaths from anaphylaxis in the area he covers. He was a friendly chap and made a huge fuss of Pip and Monty. Said he had had to have his 19 year old cat pts just last week.

More housework today - OH has joined the campaign and is vacuuming the sitting room now.

Have a good day peeps.

Edit to say: I am a fan of Bounty bars - like the dark chocolate one best! Do they still make them?

Phoenix
28-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Afternoon, just on Catsey while I'm having my lunch. Been doing housework this morning, off out this afternoon (might be volunteering with salvation army soon)

cats' staff
28-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Mmm bounty, lovely!
I've stopped moving for a bit and am in the office. The house yesterday was Brodsworth, sadly Castle Howard isn't one of 'ours'.
Wasp nests are horrible aren't they! We had one outside our bedroom window. Hope no-one (human or animal) gets stung. I once put on a shoe which contained a (cross) wasp. That hurt.
What will you do with Salvation Army RRR? The 70s 'do' sounds fun PP- takes me back!
Have a good day everyone. I'm wistfully looking at the sunshine......

Phoenix
28-07-2011, 01:53 PM
Mmm bounty, lovely!
I've stopped moving for a bit and am in the office. The house yesterday was Brodsworth, sadly Castle Howard isn't one of 'ours'.
Wasp nests are horrible aren't they! We had one outside our bedroom window. Hope no-one (human or animal) gets stung. I once put on a shoe which contained a (cross) wasp. That hurt.
What will you do with Salvation Army RCR? The 70s 'do' sounds fun PP- takes me back!
Have a good day everyone. I'm wistfully looking at the sunshine......

They run a cafe in the centre of town, hoping to start volunteering there.

dandysmom
28-07-2011, 03:17 PM
Hi all! Partially sunny and warmer, 29 C (84 F), and the humidity is back, not much chance of rain. Finally spoke to one of the greenhouse committee people, and can move my surplus plants into the greenhouse ... caught Leia trying to nibble on the spider plant this morning ... it has gone! No news otherwise. Has anyone noticed we've lost 13 minutes of evening daylight?

PP, sounds like my sort of music, must have been fun. Angie, wasps are horrid, I'm really scared of them (bad reaction ... not anaphylactic (sp?) shock, but really abnormal swelling). RCR, good for you volunteering; CS, wish you could be outside in the sunshine.

Hope to see some of you at the QUIZ tonight at 8:15ish.

Squirrel
28-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Hi all... back from work. Went via one of the shops to pick up sleepign bag for tomorrow. All sorted that way now.

Bedtime!!!?!

Hope all goes well with you all. :)

pamela81
28-07-2011, 05:03 PM
evening everyone, hope you have all had a good day :) I have been busy at work today as usual!!!

Dont think i will make the quiz again tonight as it is 1 of my nephews birthday today so we are going over to see him. Hoping to be back in time though :)