PDA

View Full Version : Forest Fruit Friday

angieh
15-07-2011, 12:14 PM
It's FRIDAY folks!!!

Good day here. My handyman has kindly picked most of the little plums from my trees - they are ripe and I didn't want to leave them over the weekend because the weather forecast isn't good. It is a bumper year and so I have many bags to give away! Jam making this weekend and anything else we can think of so as not to waste the plums.

Have done some laundry which will go out once OH has mowed the lawn and then I'll get back to some weeding. I am also thinking about redesigning a part of the circular border and have got a few new plants but need to make way for them first!

Hope you all have a good day.

Squirrel
15-07-2011, 12:52 PM
Day going well here Angie. Am off, so have managed to clean kitchen, bathroom and hall, plus spend some time with little girlie. They were needing it as I just didn't have the energy to see to them last weekend.

Still need to get to the lounge, just a general tidy up and hoover in there, though it does include the litter trays - that means I can make a start on the coup that is my bedroom before the weekend finishes.

Hope that everyone is having a good day. Sunny start here, though we're now beginning to get some vaguely threatening dark clouds coming through... We shall see!

MrsH
15-07-2011, 01:51 PM
Not doing anything at all here today, nice weather though!

Kazz
15-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Afternoon all. Weather here is a little changable (has anyone noticed how Eileen has got us to log the weather) ;)
Finished work in the early hours and have agreed to do nights 8pm - 7am for 3 months to cover holidays as we have a few issues with long term absence at the moment. Mon- Thurs for 2 weeks starting Monday then Tues or Wed to Sat/Sun. So thats me out of the quiz for the next three months sorry.

Anyhow up now and moving around a bit weary but planning rally shortly. After another cup of coffee ;) which is rare as I only drink one cup a day. Anyhow plans for this afternoon are in no particular order........... dog walk, bit
of ironing, preparing the paintwork in the kitchen/diner for painting, painting. Cut the wallpaper and maybe size the walls. (May even paper today but think tomorrow) Gym and a swim;dog walk (no2) dinner today is
pork chops, mash, carrots, green beans, maybe roasties too and gravy and of course apple sauce....all takers of course for dinner are welcome.

Anyhow have a goo day all see you all in a bit.

Mags
15-07-2011, 02:36 PM
I've just realised it's St Swithan's Day today ........ better have your brollies at hand for the next 40 days!http://www.over50sforum.com/images/smilies/003.gif

Have a good weekend everyone.:D

dandysmom
15-07-2011, 03:32 PM
I forgot it was St. Swithun's Day also......" if thou be fair. For forty days 'twill rain nae mair.' ..." Kazz, the reason I always post about the weather is that I lead a very quiet uneventful life as a rule, so that's about all I have to comment on!! :mrgreen:

Anyhow, hi all! Cloudy and still below normal; never made the 90s (F) yesterday. Now it's 24 C (74 F). Sorry for the bold type, that was an accident that I just noticed. Off this afternoon to pick up a new litter tray for Leia, some gin, the bank for a deposit then see Dr.O.

Plum jam, Angie, sounds tasty, wish we were closer, I'd be asking for a jar. Kazz, will miss you at the quiz; as usual I'm awed at your plans for the day... energizer bunny! MrsH, enjoy doing nothing! Are you feeling OK after the op? Squirrel, everything sounds shipshape and Bristol fashion at your place. :D

The weekend cometh!

Shelley123
15-07-2011, 05:00 PM
hello everyone.
Been to work this morning and ended up working a little time for free as i couldn't escape. That's the trouble with the caring profession, you can't just walk out.
Took the Basenjis a walk, poor Malaika has the trots, ate a lot of grass and was sick, hope she's better soon as she has a presentation on sunday.
Rang the surgery for my thyroid test results and have been told it's fine, the receptionist couldn't tell me though if i need another test or what, i don't know but it seems pretty poor to me.
Angie sounds like you have plans for the garden.
Karen we shall miss you at the quiz
Kate, hope you have a nice restfull weekend
MrsH, hope you're recovering well
Mags it's been fine here all day, so here's hoping
Eileen , hope your appointment goes well and you get good news.

angieh
15-07-2011, 05:04 PM
Yes, good luck with Dr. O Eileen!

pamela81
15-07-2011, 08:28 PM
evening everyone, hope you have all had a good day :) Ive juts been working today. It was a pjama day as a morale boosting day so had my favourite animal from the muppets pjs on.

Angie i hope your plans for the garden go well.
Karen thats a pity you will miss the quiz :(
Kate, hope you have a nice quiet weekend
MrsH, hope you're ok x
Mags been raining here this afternoon
Eileen , hope everything goes well with your appointment

dandysmom
15-07-2011, 09:36 PM
Thanks, all! Dr.O'Donnell says I may now be off oxygen completely! Woo hoo! :D She says I'm doing fine and look well.

Mags
15-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Thanks, all! Dr.O'Donnell says I may now be off oxygen completely! Woo hoo! :D She says I'm doing fine and look well.
Fabulous news Eileen, you appear to be improving from one month to the next - I'm so pleased for you. :)

Shelley123
15-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Great news Eileen

dandysmom
15-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Thanks, it's a relief to be rid of it, woo hoo! :D Had a good time before the Dr. appointment, got to the bank then Petco, the new chain pet store that's recently opened in the neighborhood. Went a bit wild there: new litter box for Leia, a faux sheepskin rug for in front of it to catch the paw litter, and a whole lot of new-to-me brands of tinned food, some quite exotic! She will be having duck for dinner, and swordfish in natural juices, to name two of the fancier. And he brought a few of my houseplants too; the apartment is really beginning to look like home.

Oh, forgot to say I got some dried catnip also and herself got quite silly! Pics later.

Kazz
15-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Fantastic news Eileen.......................leap to leap.

angieh
15-07-2011, 11:04 PM
What excellent news Eileen! Woo hoo indeed!!!!

Squirrel
16-07-2011, 07:48 AM
Oh I'm so pleased to hear this Eileen. No wonder you're relieved at that.

Trip to town and petshop sounds great fun too. :)