PDA

View Full Version : "Honey"

Velvet
06-07-2011, 11:54 PM
http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i425/rosievelvet2/41669188.jpg

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i425/rosievelvet2/ce18a0dc.jpg

dandysmom
07-07-2011, 01:37 AM
She's a little sweetie .... and not intimidated by those huge dogs....???

Kobster
07-07-2011, 03:19 AM
Adorable! Those kittens are addictive aren't they!

Tink
07-07-2011, 03:36 AM
She's very pretty. Is this a new addition? :D

babycakes
07-07-2011, 08:40 AM
awwww my heart melts at just how tiny she is x

Velvet
07-07-2011, 09:31 AM
She's very pretty. Is this a new addition? :D

Yes - very sweet & very feral. Very sad shes so frightened of people. She & her brother were found / trapped living on a dirt heap end of last week. Rescue we got her off dont work with their ferals. Shes wary of the dogs but not frightened.

angieh
07-07-2011, 11:27 AM
What a lucky little cutie to be taken in by you .... she'll settle I'm sure of it. Brilliant.

Squirrel
07-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Awwww! Gorgeous girlie. Hope that she soon settles down alright and gets used to people. Very lucky young one to be with you. :)

angieh
07-07-2011, 05:17 PM
How's she doing with Tim and Amber?

Velvet
07-07-2011, 07:04 PM
How's she doing with Tim and Amber?

Ah well thats another story :(

Last night Tim "went" for me & hissed at Amber & kitten. Amber hisses at the kitten. They both hissed at me last night - very upsetting as you can imagine

Today ive been going out to T & A regularly - since theyve had their run they stay outside during day or in conservatory, its made them independent ! They dont want to come in :( Tims been purring & Amber is Amber - "gerrrr off" unless i give you affection type thing. Unless we are out i dont leave them food outside however today thought it prudent to do so. Tim was in this morning for some wet food & a hiss but not as bad as yesterday. I brought Amber in & it was same with her

Now i keep hearing tales about tortishells being tempermental - groan

Shes sleeping a lot today - been asleep 8 hours now under my chair so hope theres nothing wrong...

lynz85
07-07-2011, 07:41 PM
awww shes a lovely wee girl! i hope tim and amber come round to her soon

angieh
07-07-2011, 07:56 PM
I hope there's nothing wrong with her - may just be all the change she's recently had, but you might have a hyper kitten later on tonight.

I would guess that Tim will be the first to come round - Amber may take a while longer, just a gender thing. I don't know if you have a crate or somewhere you can keep Honey safe at night, but where Tim and Amber can see and get used to her smell?

China
07-07-2011, 09:24 PM
Ah well thats another story :(

Last night Tim "went" for me & hissed at Amber & kitten. Amber hisses at the kitten. They both hissed at me last night - very upsetting as you can imagine

Today ive been going out to T & A regularly - since theyve had their run they stay outside during day or in conservatory, its made them independent ! They dont want to come in :( Tims been purring & Amber is Amber - "gerrrr off" unless i give you affection type thing. Unless we are out i dont leave them food outside however today thought it prudent to do so. Tim was in this morning for some wet food & a hiss but not as bad as yesterday. I brought Amber in & it was same with her

Now i keep hearing tales about tortishells being tempermental - groan

Shes sleeping a lot today - been asleep 8 hours now under my chair so hope theres nothing wrong...

Honey is so very pretty. Do you try the old talc method when introducing them? Is is worth trying some Feliway ?

Velvet
07-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Honey is so very pretty. Do you try the old talc method when introducing them? Is is worth trying some Feliway ?

Whats the talc method?

China
07-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Whats the talc method?

Sprinkle a little baby talc into the coats of the cats you are introducing - rub it in (especially around the butt!) and then brush out thoroughly. Theory behind this is that it makes them all smell the same and hopefully helps make the introductions a little easier.

Velvet
07-07-2011, 09:31 PM
I hope there's nothing wrong with her - may just be all the change she's recently had, but you might have a hyper kitten later on tonight.

I would guess that Tim will be the first to come round - Amber may take a while longer, just a gender thing. I don't know if you have a crate or somewhere you can keep Honey safe at night, but where Tim and Amber can see and get used to her smell?

I have her in a dog crate at night in room - it has bed, litter tray, water & last night food. Tim kept coming in thru window & hissing :(

Shes wide awake now - leaping & jumping & scatting about! Like wee whirlwind!

Moli
12-07-2011, 02:45 PM
She is a little darling......