PDA

View Full Version : Rather Murky Monday

angieh
13-06-2011, 09:09 AM
Morning Catseyers! Murky, overcast and a bit warmer here today. Very low light levels.

Missed a photo of Kizzy, Pip and Monty together just now. OH said they flew apart like the Red Arrows!

Not sure what's happening this morning yet. I do need to plant my peas and beans and get the supports up, perhaps after breakfast. OH is playing golf this afternoon so I will be Monty Monitoring.

Have a good day everyone.

MrsH
13-06-2011, 09:32 AM
'Morning Angie, dull here too. I'm very ungrateful but we've had the rain we needed for the garden, can it stop now please? We're off on holiday at the weekend so I've got a busy week ahead of laundry, housework (hate coming back to an untidy, dusty house) taking Morgan for a trim etc. I've got a nasty feeling that we'll be having a very wet week in Cornwall, must remember to put the hairdryer on the packing list so that Morgan can get dry, I'm not very fond of the perfume "eau de chien" :?

Early morning doorbell at 7.30 got us up in a rush but by the time we got there the postman had gone leaving one of those leaflets in the door. OH will be off to the depot in a minute to pick up what they were trying to deliver, I think it's my kindle! :)

Enjoy Monday!

Kazz
13-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Morning all.

I agree with you MrsH I think a wet few days if not week.....I am on holiday too. Hope it perks up for you.

I am not sure what to do today either....odd I can think of loads of things I would rather be doing while at work but now............

Eileen hope your visit to the unit is good. Mrs H you should have got hubby to chase the postman.
Angie, Monty montioring sounds like an ideal way to spend the day. Take him out in the middle of the monitoring.

Have a good day all.

Shelley123
13-06-2011, 11:58 AM
morning all, dry here so far. Dogs been out and now sleeping.
Still trying to decide what to do about getting a caravan, we keep going round in circles, arrggggggggg !
Taking Jerry to the vet, just for a check up as he's elderly, fingers crossed please
MrsH, hope you have got your parcel now, it's annoying when you miss the postman.
I had a parcel go missing with a doll i'd sent to an ebay customer. I refunded her then the parcel turned up. It turns out they were unable to deliver and then she didn't pick it up from the post office. She told me they didn't put a card through. Now she's decided she isn't going to buy as she's too busy to recieve the parcel (silly women )
Karen, hope you have a good day
Angie, hope you get your things planted
Eileen , hope your visit goes well

PoshPuss
13-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Hello all! It's brightening up here now, was very murky this am.
Did the food shopping earlier now having a break before more housework.

Angie, no we haven't invested in a pool for chez nous, just that mother nature provided us with a deep puddle on the yard yesterday :lol: My posh friends did have a swimming pool on Saturday however and it was so nice to cool my feet! :D

Good luck with the new job Pamela, enjoy your kindle Mrs H,
Fingers x'd for you Eileen that alls well.

See you later xx

dandysmom
13-06-2011, 03:54 PM
Hi all, turned very unseasonably cool as the front came thru overnight: only 18 C (64 F), sunny but very breezy. Quite different from the lovely warm spell: jeans and a sweater today, not shorts and tank top! Did some book boxing and clothes bagging earlier this morning, also cleaned the medicine cabinet in the downstairs bathroom ... could not believe some of the stuff that was there and should have been thrown out ages ago! Off to look at the units this afternoon; very nervous as I haven't been officially OK'd yet .... please keep the good vibes coming.

Angie, what a shame to have missed that pic! PP, loved your "pool" that was a puddle! Kazz: off work and not doing 14 DIY jobs, are you not well? Shelley, what a silly annoying woman :roll: MrsH, hope the Kindle is what the postman was trying to leave; you'll love it, especially if it's raining in Cornwall and you're stuck indoors, Fingers crossed you'll have good weather.

Forgot to say I saw the Trooping of the Colors the other day on TV ... so very impressive.

Enjoy the day.....

angieh
13-06-2011, 04:12 PM
PP I did giggle about that puddle - I was so sure you'd got some sort of pool installed!!!!

Squirrel
13-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Hi all... work day over here, and all went well enough. Not bad weather wise. 18oC Eileen? I'd call that a warm day!!! But then, it doesnt' take much to make me feel too hot!

Good vibes coming re: the apartment.

MrsH
13-06-2011, 05:17 PM
Got my kindle :-D and have been playing with it all day, so far I've only downloaded a few (free-ish) collections, Dickens, Hardy. I hope it doesn't get much use in Cornwall, at the moment we're thinking that if it's cold and wet at least we'll have the beach to ourselves :lol: you get used to being wet frequently when you have a dog!

Hope your visit to the units goes well Eileen!

Tink
13-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Hi, all!
Well I must have jinxed it, it's raining here now :roll: :lol:
Picking up my jeep today, we're due there at noon which for me is in a few hours. We'll leave a bit early though as we need to stop by the bank first. Then after we show up we'll want to get everything switched into my name at the licensing office. Luckily in WA you don't have to go to DMV for that; I found that so nice when I moved here from CA and you had to go to DMV for every little thing and stand in line. I can just pop into a drug store with licensing access, thank goodness for that!
Didn't get a wink of sleep last night. The "kids" were all so naughty! If it wasn't the dogs it was the cats, and if it wasn't the cats it was the ferrets! Of course K slept right through it snoring to high heavens. Typical :roll: :lol:
Have a good day, everyone and lots of luck to you Eileen, lots of vibes your way :D

Kazz
13-06-2011, 05:58 PM
Eileen, you will be pleased to know I found something to do I plastered the a couple of walls in a bathroom for a friend/neighbour they were quoted "£150-180" to skim the walls not replaster from start. I said I would have a go as she is struggling healthwise, and money wise and her lad is just 11. A pretty good job I made as well. Bit of a knack and could not do it for a living however she was more than happy, and I was quite chuffed.

Also did a bit in the back garden a good general tidy round, took Sal a lovely walk too. Weather was very nice later afternoon.

Best luck at the units Eileen.

Shelley123
13-06-2011, 06:49 PM
glad you got your kindle MrsH,
hope you have your Jeep by now, Tink,
Karen, bet your neighbour was pleased
Back from the vets with Jerry, will update in a thread
Kwame has lost another tooth, a realy big back one, i managed to get it before he ate it. We will expect a visit from the doggy tooth fairy tonight ;)

pamela81
13-06-2011, 07:22 PM
hey everyone, looks like everyone had busy days :)

I had my first day today and it has gone well :) even had a friend in teh shape of OH's sister's sister in law on the train on way into town and on way home which was good :)

Just relaxing tonight, hope you all enjoy the night xx

Shelley123
13-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Pamela, glad your first day went well.

cats' staff
13-06-2011, 09:10 PM
Hi everyone. I've been at Wrest Park again today, it's a lovely place but a horrible drive!
Let me know how you get of with the Kindle MrsH. I'm sort of tempted but I use the library a lot so get my reading for free. It would be good to save weight sometimes but it might be to expensive an option.
Glad your first day went well Pamela.Kazz,plastering is a real skill- I tried it once and just remember a sequence of 'plaster goes on, plaster falls off, plaster goes back on, plaster falls off, much swearing, repeat lots of times!'

Hope the trip was good Eileen- when will you know for sure that you can move in?
Did you get the planting done Angie ? Did Monty help?
Saw your good news about Jerry Shelley and PP I loveyour puddle pool. Tink - how is the jeep?

Tink
13-06-2011, 09:13 PM
Jeep is home! It was a nice drive. I'm glad all went smoothly. The paperwork is official and everything :-D

Kazz
13-06-2011, 10:17 PM
Eileen waiting for an update..................sometimes I dislike this time difference. I predict good news too.

dandysmom
13-06-2011, 10:50 PM
Hi all, and thanks for the good vibes.wishes!! I should know by the end of the week .... they have to verify all the assets/income I've listed, and it's very very close to the limit, but the manager is sure enough that I'll get in that she did have me sign a lease; will hold my check till verification.

There were 4 units available, but the second I viewed was perfect: the double floor-to-ceiling windows (in effect a glass wall), with southwestern exposure (lots of lights for my houseplants!) and a view overlooking the garden, not the street. On the 5th floor, fairly near the elevators, but that doesn't matter much now as I'm off oxygen in the daytime so don't have to drag that tank behind me!! I'm trying not to get too excited, as it could still fall thru, so please keep the good thoughts coming.

Oodles of paperwork to do, didn't get home till after 5 pm and both of us were too tired to do any boxing/bagging. I'm enjoying a much needed drink now ... after having given Leia her very late afternoon snack!!

Kazz
14-06-2011, 01:05 AM
Hi all, and thanks for the good vibes.wishes!! I should know by the end of the week .... they have to verify all the assets/income I've listed, and it's very very close to the limit, but the manager is sure enough that I'll get in that she did have me sign a lease; will hold my check till verification.

There were 4 units available, but the second I viewed was perfect: the double floor-to-ceiling windows (in effect a glass wall), with southwestern exposure (lots of lights for my houseplants!) and a view overlooking the garden, not the street. On the 5th floor, fairly near the elevators, but that doesn't matter much now as I'm off oxygen in the daytime so don't have to drag that tank behind me!! I'm trying not to get too excited, as it could still fall thru, so please keep the good thoughts coming.

Oodles of paperwork to do, didn't get home till after 5 pm and both of us were too tired to do any boxing/bagging. I'm enjoying a much needed drink now ... after having given Leia her very late afternoon snack!!

Sounds ideal Eileen, totaly perfect. Will you be able to have the unit of your choice when they say yes? which as you can tell I am taking as read......"you're in"

dandysmom
14-06-2011, 01:51 AM
Oh yes, #513 is being held for me! :D We have to go back tomorrow; some of the unending paperwork had to be notatized, and the notary had left by that time ... always something!! I am so nervous I won't get in .......

angieh
14-06-2011, 02:06 PM
I understand your nervousness Eileen, especially as it sounds ideal and just what you want. But if all the fingers and toes that are crossed for you have anything to do with it, you'll be in.

Squirrel
14-06-2011, 03:49 PM
Best wishes that way from this end Eileen. It's horrible when something which seems to be so perfect may not work out. *hugs*